Login

russian armor

Attention clan leaders

3 Oct 2014, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 18:38 PMNapalm
Hey clan leaders,

• Do you hate lingering game bugs?
  • How about that Relic communication?
  • Is your clan disgusted by the balance of 4's?
  • Is your clan interested in driving change at a higher level?

I will (on behalf of The Angry Bears) be drafting a letter to Quinn Duffy to express our concerns. The letter will be comprehensive and focus on three themes. Bugs, Balance (mostly in 4's), and Communication. It will also recommend a potential solution rather than just focusing on the issues. If you'd like to add your clans name as a co-signer please post up or send me a PM. The draft letter will be available (in PM's) for other clan leaders comments/input before being submitted.

I feel that if properly tailored we will be able to get a positive response.

Much rawr,

Napalm

As the founder of BSB Network I'd be happy to add our clan's name to your letter in support of greater focus on team based gaming in CoH2.

We've long supported the CoH series and were disappointed that there wasn't greater emphasis on clan support within CoH2, especially with some of the great features they had introduced in CoHO.

I would reinforce your request for greater balance between factions in larger scale games and also specifically request greater clan features such as:

- In game clan rosters
- In game statistics/ladders (clan specific ladders)
- Clan exclusive content (ability to add clan logos, Tags, skins, bulletin trading, resource sharing, clan bulletins etc.)

I'd be more than happy to help in anyway you can. If you wish to discuss our views at any point or you need more info, links to how to get hold of me and to our TS and my email can be found on our website (details in my sig).
3 Oct 2014, 11:04 AM

Why not sending that mail to Sega? With a copy to different Game reviews web/paper + ESL sponsors.

If it doesn't work inside the community, just take the next step and make it public.
3 Oct 2014, 11:06 AM
Benefactor 115

If you can draft it up I will send it to ESL. I promise you this at least. I have already told them about the issues I've encountered I'm sure they would love to hear from the community at large as well.
3 Oct 2014, 11:55 AM

Bulgakov might want to read Bulgakovs signature.

Do you really think calling for people to be fired is constructive or encourages commonication with the community?

What would that improve? Is he sitting with an evil grin on his face taking enjoyment out of things that have turned out bad? Will him being fired not just bring in some new person that haven't already done his mistakes and as such will probably do them again?

Saying "Alright this is bad, lets sit down and get it working" Is alot more constructive then "You screwed up. F### off".

Ps. I will keep having an optimistic outlook an this matter, even if I do have little hope the letter will be some magic cure.
3 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM

This topic is getting out of focus because of flame wars.

Maybe the moderators could split the troll messages to a new thread.
3 Oct 2014, 13:04 PM
Patrion 14

We'll keep an eye out showtaro ^^
3 Oct 2014, 13:16 PM

I'd like to add my Clan's signature as well. COHEXPERTS seek only the best for this game, and so far, people have not been giving their best, this must be changed asap.
3 Oct 2014, 13:31 PM

The HUE BR's also support you ideas, napalm.
3 Oct 2014, 13:36 PM
Coder Red Badge

Do you know how ridiculous you look when you suggest people shouldn't lose their jobs if they're not doing them properly?

If you can't do your job, you lose it. I've lost clients over the years because I wasn't able to handle volume or maintain quality. So they say "can you fix it?" I say "yes" they keep me, I say "no" I lose the contract.

Or should everyone have a guaranteed job regardless of ability? This game could be selling far more copies/DLC. It isn't selling for a whole bunch of reasons. Whoever is dropping the ball may deserve to lose their job.

"balancing video games" is part of his job description. He isn't doing it. If he is, he is doing it wrong. People are raging and leaving and they ain't coming back. Maybe it's not all Peter's fault, I doubt after all that he made the decision to prioritise the Ardennes campaign. But Balance is his responsibility and I've never seen a game suffer from so many problems for such a long time.

If you ever open a company, remember this conversation and never ever fire anyone who is performing subpar. Then good luck with your business.

And that's the job of his employer, to review his performance and decide whether it is satisfactory or not. Do you know the organizational structure at Relic? Do you know his team? Do you know his supervisors? Do you know what they talk about in their internal meetings? Do you know anything other than the fact that you're angry that he hasn't done exactly what you want him to do?

Do you have any idea how petty it makes you look to demand a man lose his job because you disagree with how he's managing balance in a video game? What makes you think you have anywhere near the knowledge required to make a decision like that? It's pathetic honestly. You're willing to work to harm a man's personal life because of that? What the fuck is wrong with you?

You have no idea how improved this game is because of Peter. He's taken a shitty design and commanders that he's had little or no say in and worked his ass off to turn this clusterfuck of a game into something people might actually care about. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's leaps and fucking bounds beyond what it used to be, and what it probably would be if anybody else at Relic were in charge of things.

Thankfully, nobody gives a shit about you, or your opinions. Hopefully it stays that way.
3 Oct 2014, 13:43 PM

Do you know how ridiculous you look when you suggest people shouldn't lose their jobs if they're not doing them properly?

If you can't do your job, you lose it. I've lost clients over the years because I wasn't able to handle volume or maintain quality. So they say "can you fix it?" I say "yes" they keep me, I say "no" I lose the contract.

Or should everyone have a guaranteed job regardless of ability? This game could be selling far more copies/DLC. It isn't selling for a whole bunch of reasons. Whoever is dropping the ball may deserve to lose their job.

"balancing video games" is part of his job description. He isn't doing it. If he is, he is doing it wrong. People are raging and leaving and they ain't coming back. Maybe it's not all Peter's fault, I doubt after all that he made the decision to prioritise the Ardennes campaign. But Balance is his responsibility and I've never seen a game suffer from so many problems for such a long time.

If you ever open a company, remember this conversation and never ever fire anyone who is performing subpar. Then good luck with your business.

You are so far over the line its disgusting. Get a grip.
3 Oct 2014, 14:00 PM

I think the important thing here to get anything solved is show Relic the results of their "focus" through vast quantities of videos, screen shots, ect. Its hard to just tell some one through words on paper their game has taken a turn for the worst if they themselves cannot see it. What better way to show them than broadcaster "broken" games that explain why the game in its current state will just embarrass Relic at ESL.

Another thing that might help is to do a price and game play analysis. Simply try and track the number of DLC sold and hours played multi player vs all the hours and money towards single player to try and prove that the focus of another campaign is pretty silly while the majority of the player base does not really care
3 Oct 2014, 14:03 PM
Coder Red Badge

Except the majority of the player base doesn't automatch. They play single-player or skirmishes. So releasing a single-player expansion makes sense in terms of immediate financial return.

The multiplayer CoH2 community is extremely small honestly, and its competitive multiplayer community is even smaller.
3 Oct 2014, 14:35 PM
Patrion 14

blab

your ignorance and your disgustingly dramatic tone of your post is mind blowing. and you have that "let's keep it constructive" signature. it is like a cruel irony that you put on yourself.

anyway napalm thanks for trying at least whether it works or not, your dedication is admirable.
3 Oct 2014, 14:46 PM

Thanks for the support everybody. I'll be working on this throughout the weekend. The target audience of the memo has changed a bit, other senior managers at Relic will be getting a copy as well. The things you can learn about corporate structure on LinkedIn is amazing. I'm afraid that if we just sent it to one person it could just be professional dismissed. The objective of this letter is to get the power that be to take a critical look at their operations.

Inverse you have a steam invite.
3 Oct 2014, 14:47 PM

Except the majority of the player base doesn't automatch. They play single-player or skirmishes. So releasing a single-player expansion makes sense in terms of immediate financial return.

The multiplayer CoH2 community is extremely small honestly, and its competitive multiplayer community is even smaller.

I would not be so sure in term of investment. You have to check the margin for that Revenue = Cash entry - cost of investment/production.
What about Selling commanders, do you believe Single players are actually buying all of those commanders to play vs computer? It seems odd to me but maybe... That's remain my opinion but if a good solo campaign can bring a 1st load of players, you need to feed them if you want them to stay and make them bring new other players.
Balance shouldn't be the 5th wheel but something maintain in parallel with the solo mode.

3 Oct 2014, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2014, 23:24 PMMortar
I'll sign on behalf of Stomach Battalion....but primarily for bug fixes.

Balance is an ongoing project. They just need to test their patches in a more comprehensive way.

Period.

As the founder of BSB Network I'd be happy to add our clan's name to your letter in support of greater focus on team based gaming in CoH2.

- In game clan rosters
- In game statistics/ladders (clan specific ladders)
- Clan exclusive content (ability to add clan logos, Tags, skins, bulletin trading, resource sharing, clan bulletins etc.)

I'd be more than happy to help in anyway you can. If you wish to discuss our views at any point or you need more info, links to how to get hold of me and to our TS and my email can be found on our website (details in my sig).

I'd like to add my Clan's signature as well. COHEXPERTS seeks only the best for this game, and so far, people have not been giving their best, this must be changed asap.

The HUE BR's also support you ideas, napalm.

Thank you. All of you will be added as co-signers and will receive the draft for comments some time early next week.
3 Oct 2014, 15:13 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2014, 14:47 PMEsxile

I would not be so sure in term of investment. You have to check the margin for that Revenue = Cash entry - cost of investment/production.
What about Selling commanders, do you believe Single players are actually buying all of those commanders to play vs computer? It seems odd to me but maybe... That's remain my opinion but if a good solo campaign can bring a 1st load of players, you need to feed them if you want them to stay and make them bring new other players.
Balance shouldn't be the 5th wheel but something maintain in parallel with the solo mode.

You're exactly right. That's the paradox of Relic's design philosophy with CoH2. You look at them selling multiplayer commanders and think they should be doing everything in their power to grow and nurture the multiplayer community, then you look at what they're actually doing about it and it seems to be doing a better job of pushing people away. It's very strange when you look at it from the outside.
3 Oct 2014, 16:35 PM

That's pretty low, even for your "standards" Bulgakov.
3 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM

Good luck with your letter. I have my doubts on it's efficacy but "nothing ventured, nothing gained". It's worth a shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★