Login

russian armor

Attention clan leaders

2 Nov 2014, 20:25 PM

It's definitely true, and it's true of 99% of games honestly. The vast majority of CSGO, SC2, Dota 2, etc. players who play those games don't play them competitively or with any competitive ambitions. The problem with Relic's approach is that they see those numbers and think immediately that they need to focus their attention on the "casual" aspect of the game, at the expense of the competitive scene.

It's a weird way to think about the game, and Relic is one of the only developers who seems to feel that way. Other developers like Valve and Blizzard and Riot realize that while the vast majority of their players will never play their games competitively, the competitive scene is vital to success because it provides free marketing, attracts new players, and keeps existing players interested in their games and the communities surrounding them. The fact of the matter is, skirmish players are going to keep playing skirmish regardless of the changes to the game. Competitive play, on the other hand, is never going to succeed today unless it is given serious, targeted attention from developers. Most of the biggest non-MMO multiplayer games today are games with hugely successful competitive scenes supported by developers who run their own flagship tournaments and focus a large amount of energy on improving competitive play. These games also happen to have enormous numbers of casual players, even though so much developer energy is focused away from that aspect of these games. The fact that Relic doesn't realize that, and didn't from day one prioritize the competitive scene as a result, is their #1 strategic failing as a company in my opinion.

Not only that but a balanced game offers a much better gameplay experience than an unbalanced any day of the week , imagine if dota2 had 5 or 10 heroes that worked and the others were crap , sure the very top people would find some ways around that but in the lower tiers that would make the games of people a miserable experience half the time resulting to them moving to other games , and guess what coh2 isnt that far from that stage for some time , I am litterally bored of facing the same and the sam stuff .

And that's the job of his employer, to review his performance and decide whether it is satisfactory or not. Do you know the organizational structure at Relic? Do you know his team? Do you know his supervisors? Do you know what they talk about in their internal meetings? Do you know anything other than the fact that you're angry that he hasn't done exactly what you want him to do?

Do you have any idea how petty it makes you look to demand a man lose his job because you disagree with how he's managing balance in a video game? What makes you think you have anywhere near the knowledge required to make a decision like that? It's pathetic honestly. You're willing to work to harm a man's personal life because of that? What the fuck is wrong with you?

You have no idea how improved this game is because of Peter. He's taken a shitty design and commanders that he's had little or no say in and worked his ass off to turn this clusterfuck of a game into something people might actually care about. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's leaps and fucking bounds beyond what it used to be, and what it probably would be if anybody else at Relic were in charge of things.

Thankfully, nobody gives a shit about you, or your opinions. Hopefully it stays that way.

While you are right that Peter is good at his job even though there is plenty of bullshit that he has to cope with and Shouldnt be fired , i think that the people who were in charge of designing the WFA factions dis a really shitty job and dont deserve to be working at a prestigious studio like relic
2 Nov 2014, 21:20 PM

im a leader of dude clan, after serious discusion with other dudes we ready to signup
2 Nov 2014, 22:02 PM

Bulgakov might want to read Bulgakovs signature.

Do you really think calling for people to be fired is constructive or encourages commonication with the community?

What would that improve? Is he sitting with an evil grin on his face taking enjoyment out of things that have turned out bad? Will him being fired not just bring in some new person that haven't already done his mistakes and as such will probably do them again?

Saying "Alright this is bad, lets sit down and get it working" Is alot more constructive then "You screwed up. F### off".

Ps. I will keep having an optimistic outlook an this matter, even if I do have little hope the letter will be some magic cure.

Is firing somebody never constructive? Imagine yourself as a boss. You get some numbers that say someone is massively under-performing. You talk to them. They fail to deliver. You can talk to them again. But if after a year they haven't changed it - what would you do?

"What would that improve? Is he sitting with an evil grin on his face taking enjoyment out of things that have turned out bad?"

No. I clearly didn't say that. I'm saying he appears unable to balance this game. He's had a long time to do it. He hasn't achieved it. That's not just my opinion but the opinion of almost everyone in this "community".

It seems logical to me that the person responsible for fixing the issues that are holding back a company's potential to make money can expect to lose his job. It may not be his fault in which case somebody else should be looked at.

It's two years since launch and pretty much the entire online playerbase is frustrated with balance most of the time. SOMEBODY is not doing their job right.

(http://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Relic-Entertainment-Reviews-E533032.htm)
How former employees rated their working experience at Relic. Something's not right, clearly.

2 Nov 2014, 22:46 PM

some of them afraid play 4 vs 4 mode (90% axis easy game). only 1-1 2-2 fapping.
MOAR big maps streams PL
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS