Login

russian armor

Your funny / weird CoH 2 moments?

25 Sep 2014, 18:51 PM

This has happened to me a few times and it has to be one of those "wtf" moments :D

Sometimes I have found my self suddenly having 2-3 mortars that I'm sure I didn't build. It must have happened while drag-selecting your units in the mainbase and trying to reinforce using the R hotkey.

What happens instead is you end up selecting the T1/T2 structure and you end up with a couple of mortars without noticing the screw up during an intense game :p

What's yours?
25 Sep 2014, 19:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I create an ambulance but I don't change the building rally point.

I then lose a critical engagement forcing a full retreat from the frontlines.

My brand new ambulance then drives straight into the enemy blob while I'm not paying attention.

This happens to me at least twice a day.
25 Sep 2014, 19:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Ambulance heal ability is 'D' hotkey. To throw a grenade is also 'D' hotkey.

I have a rifleman selected. I attempt to click on ambulance but I misclick the ground. I hit 'D' to activate heal but nothing happens because I missed ambulance. So, I of course click ambulance again to select it.

My rifleman throws a grenade at the ambulance and it explodes.
25 Sep 2014, 19:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I place an m20 mine on the ground. Later in the game a schwerer HQ gets constructed pretty close to the mine.

I drive my sherman toward schwerer HQ to blow it up, schwerer HQ shoots at sherman which is now nearby to the mine. The flak burst detonates the mine, immobilizing my tank and the HQ finishes it off.
25 Sep 2014, 19:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

A bomb strike is called in on my schwerer HQ but it's at 90% health it'll be fiiiine right? WRONG the plane gets shot down by the flak gun, crashes into the truck, then all the bombs land and finish it off.

http://www.twitch.tv/romeocoh2/c/5113654
25 Sep 2014, 19:26 PM

I've had so many moments in both this game and COH1, i really cant point one out. Except a V1 dropping on a blob in vCOH... and exactly 1 man surviving the rocket. #jamesryan
25 Sep 2014, 19:27 PM

I built German T3 twice because I forgot I already made one.

Won a game using Osttruppen alongside Volksgrenadiers against Americans.

I saw a Kubelwagen bounce an AT Grenade once, that was a massive 'wtf'.

Rear-Echelon Troops with Obersoldaten MG 34 beat Vet 2 Grenadiers with MG 42.
25 Sep 2014, 19:30 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I built T1 with Soviets and pressed the "S" button for a Sniper squad as soon as it finished building. It finished and the sniper was being built but suddenly the building was destroyed. So I lost my T1 aswell as the manpower for the sniper investment.

I was like :huhsign:

I guess it had something to do with the hotkey for cancelling the contruction of the building still beeing active (it was "S" aswell).
25 Sep 2014, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 19:30 PMluvnest
I built T1 with Soviets and pressed the "S" button for a Sniper squad as soon as it finished building. It finished and the sniper was being built but suddenly the building was destroyed. So I lost my T1 aswell as the manpower for the sniper investment.

I was like :huhsign:

I guess it had something to do with the hotkey for cancelling the contruction of the building still beeing active (it was "S" aswell).

That's a pretty good one :D

Mr. Someguy: I've also seen an AT nade deflect off a scout car, but just once o_O
25 Sep 2014, 19:35 PM

Perhaps in one of the most frustrating displays of RNG I've ever seen. OKW captures my heavily damaged T-34, one hit from death. I send a fresh T-34 to be the executioner. He has it parked in a field alone, essentially a 1v1 in a void. Every shot I fire misses or bounces, every shot he fires hits and penetrates. Out of pure frustration, I go to ram. The tanks collide, mine explodes and his survives.
25 Sep 2014, 19:39 PM

There was this time when I used the RAM ability on a panther, which was standing right next to a pak gun, the ramming t34 crushed and destroyed the pak and immobilized the panther, it was epic.

I also got to repair the t34 back to full strenght. Yeah, ram was OP back then.
25 Sep 2014, 20:20 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 19:25 PMRomeo
A bomb strike is called in on my schwerer HQ but it's at 90% health it'll be fiiiine right? WRONG the plane gets shot down by the flak gun, crashes into the truck, then all the bombs land and finish it off.

Holy shit, that's soooo damn funny and fucked up at the same time.
25 Sep 2014, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 19:25 PMRomeo

XD
25 Sep 2014, 20:52 PM

Way back in beta I was trying demos for the first time ever on Pripyat Spring, and planted one on a bridge. My opponent drove a P4 toward it and I was so excited I misclicked and detonated it just before he drove over, doing no damage. So my engies rebuilt the bridge, laid a new demo in the same spot, and he graciously drove over it again like nothing was suspicious about this. And lost the P4.

And recently I was playing USF v OKW and lost a Wolverine to 2 shreck'd Volk squads. It went out of control and crushed like 7 models.
25 Sep 2014, 21:10 PM

My walking stuka shooting from a spot behind a house, hitting the roof of the house...house collapses...with my mg34 and raketenwerfer in it...fml
25 Sep 2014, 21:11 PM
Patrion 14

Romeo, make those moments highlights, my facebooks deserve a good laugh every once in a while :snfCHVGame:
25 Sep 2014, 21:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 18:51 PMTNrg
This has happened to me a few times and it has to be one of those "wtf" moments :D

Sometimes I have found my self suddenly having 2-3 mortars that I'm sure I didn't build. It must have happened while drag-selecting your units in the mainbase and trying to reinforce using the R hotkey.

What happens instead is you end up selecting the T1/T2 structure and you end up with a couple of mortars without noticing the screw up during an intense game :p

What's yours?

HAHAHA. YES! This happens to me sometimes too. I can all of a sudden have a fucking mortar running out on the field and I have no idea how that happened :D
25 Sep 2014, 21:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Romeo, make those moments highlights, my facebooks deserve a good laugh every once in a while :snfCHVGame:

You can just go to my stream and click on the highlights link, there are a lots of good videos already :D
25 Sep 2014, 21:45 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2014, 21:18 PMRomeo

You can just go to my stream and click on the highlights link, there are a lots of good videos already :D

Will do buddy, thanks !
25 Sep 2014, 22:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I will always remember (1-2 months after release) how my out of control Su76 killed my vet 3 snipers. It perform a perfectly elipse to roadkill them :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★