Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
12 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM

So i have used this unit more and more. and im find that this units behaves very much like a maxim. guess the soviet fanboys got a taste of their own medicine.
12 Sep 2014, 12:25 PM

Unit only useful in the first 5 mins of the game with 0 scalability OP? o.0
12 Sep 2014, 12:28 PM

With the vehicle pathing improvement as well as the more narrow but longer arc, the kubelwagen feels a lot more useful than before. The kubelwagen still is very vulnerable to small arms fire but it can pin and get away a lot easier now. It's still pretty vulnerable to M3 scout cars and maxims which is fine, but I hear people complaining about the thing being to OP against Americans. Perhaps Relic should make the M9 bazooka more accurate?

Who thinks the kubelwagen needs a fuel cost or are they ok now?

Whats that man? Why the American should be F o r c e d to get Bazooka only because of this Kubelwagen ? (240 manpower only)!

I, as a American Player dont wanna be Forced to get Bazookas only because this fucking Vehicle.
What if i wanna get BAR? What if i want fast Captain, Lieutnant? Oo
12 Sep 2014, 12:32 PM

Whats that man? Why the American should be F o r c e d to get Bazooka only because of this Kubelwagen ? (240 manpower only)!

I, as a American Player dont wanna be Forced to get Bazookas only because this fucking Vehicle.

Learn to bait/flank it.
12 Sep 2014, 12:43 PM

Unit only useful in the first 5 mins of the game with 0 scalability OP? o.0

The M3 and USF truck have both been called OP. Neither of them scale as well as the Kubel, which actually gets a useful vet 1 ability.
12 Sep 2014, 12:45 PM

Don't see the issue in a car made of -at best- cardboard. Two conscript scuads shooting at the Volkswaggen design will destroy it before it can even start to supress
12 Sep 2014, 12:48 PM

Permanently Banned
I whant to see replay from good player how flank kubel in maps like Kholodny ferma, Minsk, Kharkov, Langerskay and another example how use kubel very well.
12 Sep 2014, 12:50 PM
Donator 22

Whats that man? Why the OKW should be F o r c e d to get Schrecks only because of this Dodge/M3 ?

I, as a Player dont wanna be Forced to get Schrecks only because this fucking Vehicle.
What if i wanna throw some nades? What if i want fast T2, T3? Oo
12 Sep 2014, 12:56 PM

Relic made the Kubel scaling very well with Sturmpio. Be prepared for a new bunch of 2 sturm + kubel start on many maps vs USF.

Kubel: More suppression + longer range
+
sturmpio: More survivability + less dps

So both units gain more survivability and can deal more dps during that time, thanks relic for not being that stupid and adding a minor nerf to sturmpio dps. As sturmpio repair Kubel and now your going to lose models slower, its increases that combo potential.

I faced it twice and it's an nightmare to counter only with rifles for the 5 first minutes. It gives a really good advantage to OKW with a good map control and I'm not anymore sure that USF is that super early game faction.

Counters now cost
zook = Fuel + ammo
1CP if you go mech which take forever as USF
get lucky

The problem is that it is not a doctrinal combo and OKW can simply push you and when you overcome it, he already has in place a defensive structure: MG32 or flak-truck.
12 Sep 2014, 13:21 PM

What is a mine?
12 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 12:45 PMB4Z00K4
Don't see the issue in a car made of -at best- cardboard. Two conscript scuads shooting at the Volkswaggen design will destroy it before it can even start to supress

Previously yes, but now it can suppress both con/rifle squads even if one of them is flanking.

Whats that man? Why the OKW should be F o r c e d to get Schrecks only because of this Dodge/M3 ?

I, as a Player dont wanna be Forced to get Schrecks only because this fucking Vehicle.
What if i wanna throw some nades? What if i want fast T2, T3? Oo

It's a bad design, but on the positive side, shreks are awesome and maintain their value throughout the game against all USF and most sov tanks. Bazookas in comparison have limited use and lose their value once heavy tanks show up.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 12:56 PMEsxile

The problem is that it is not a doctrinal combo and OKW can simply push you and when you overcome it, he already has in place a defensive structure: MG32 or flak-truck.

That is exactly the problem, it messes up the game design of allies dominating early with their normal infantry and axis dominating late with their upgraded infantry and tanks.
12 Sep 2014, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 12:04 PMJaigen
So i have used this unit more and more. and im find that this units behaves very much like a maxim. guess the soviet fanboys got a taste of their own medicine.

Wrong. This unit doesn't behave like maxim. If hit hard, for maxim you can hit the retreat button, go to Hq and reinforce + gain aditional xp. If hit hard, kubel will lose engine, become slow and be easily killed.
12 Sep 2014, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 13:29 PMJohnnyB

Wrong. This unit doesn't behave like maxim. If hit hard, for maxim you can hit the retreat button, go to Hq and reinforce + gain aditional xp. If hit hard, kubel will lose engine, become slow and be easily killed.

Except when you kill the gunner and the maxim stops retreating. Then you can steal it and use it against the former owners.
12 Sep 2014, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 13:29 PMJohnnyB

On the other hand, if it gets flanked it just turns around and instantly starts firing and suppresses the flanking squad. That is something even the fast maxim can't do as well. Plus if you are playing USF you have no way to throw a grenade at it like the OST rifle grenade against maxim. And unlike maxims this unit does not require to be spammed. Only 1 is enough to get the effect. Though I have seen some get more than 1.

Really this unit with no setup time and no fuel cost and with its current damage and suppression is op.
12 Sep 2014, 13:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Kubel is really annoying this patch, it can pin a flank with ease. It vets up quite fast, which makes it even stronger. I am really struggling vs kubel openings.
12 Sep 2014, 14:24 PM
Donator 22

got it... Maybe a small fuel increase. 5-10 Fuel?!
12 Sep 2014, 14:25 PM

No, the thing can't carry personnel and it is far too flimsy, the only thing it's good for is to suppress in the very early game and then die.
12 Sep 2014, 14:30 PM

Maybe that will make its cost more consistent with its performance, but I would prefer that its performance be looked at instead of cost. There is no reason an mg should be able to suppress, have no setup time, and at the same time be ultra mobile. That's how the kubel is right now.
12 Sep 2014, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 14:25 PMSierra

No, the thing can't carry personnel and it is far too flimsy, the only thing it's good for is to suppress in the very early game and then die.

Exactly. I'm quite surprised nobody mentioned this. Who preserves a kubel more than 10 minutes from game start? Don't tell me Helping Hans or such. I don't think we are discussing at that level. It's not comparable to any infantry unit including maxim, which can be usefull all the game.
That is why it's not OP. Not by far.
12 Sep 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 14:30 PMAbdul

Maybe that will make its cost more consistent with its performance, but I would prefer that its performance be looked at instead of cost. There is no reason an mg should be able to suppress, have no setup time, and at the same time be ultra mobile. That's how the kubel is right now.

Have no setup time? wtf? XD
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 47
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %