Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
12 Sep 2014, 06:57 AM

Its a joke in early game.
I think its too strong because the mobility.
The setup time should be longer, its too easy to relocate.

Reasonable, so sure. (I was waiting for someone to come up with a valid reason like that, the recovery after being smoked/chased back a little is too fast)
12 Sep 2014, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 06:52 AMzarok47
If you hit the kubel with the smoke cannister it gets some sort of slow down debuff, making it easier to attack.

And YES, again. US smoke not only for Line of Sight reduction, and negate supression, but first class for slowing down the enemy units, and kubel is fragile as hell, if you can shoot 2-3 sec at mid range vanilla rifle, you can kill most of time, with lmg, its time reduced. Bazooka can kill-forced back kübel too with good ratio from long range.
12 Sep 2014, 07:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

At first I thought it was a little ridiculous, but now that I've had time to adjust I think it might be okay. I'm glad it finally does respectable damage on the move. I hope to cast some games where snipers get successfully chased down.

A minor cost increase would be understandable.
12 Sep 2014, 08:09 AM

Kubel feels a bit OP only on very open maps ie. crossing in the woods. On any map with buildings it can quite easily be flanked or forced to back off.
12 Sep 2014, 08:57 AM

Permanently Banned
Kubel are too strong for his price, he can kill and suppress, have good range, he are mobile. In open maps its nightmare. Now its are car of blitzkrieg. In my games kubel have more kills and vet than MG.
12 Sep 2014, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 08:09 AMarmatak
Kubel feels a bit OP only on very open maps ie. crossing in the woods. On any map with buildings it can quite easily be flanked or forced to back off.

This. Just had a 2v2 where a kubel was vet 5 with 40 kills. VS USF of course.
12 Sep 2014, 09:30 AM

Kubel are too strong for his price, he can kill and suppress, have good range, he are mobile. In open maps its nightmare. Now its are car of blitzkrieg. In my games kubel have more kills and vet than MG.

Well, if they nerf it even little bit that would be the end for OKW early game, because sturmpios are nerfed and raketenwerfer is even worse than before... 1v1-2v2
M3 will be a hell to OKW if they nerf the kubel and leave sturmpios in this state.
Btw units in green cover will give a hard time to kubel because it takes aloot longer to suppress it, so con/rifle in green cover versus a kubel, kubel should lose unless RNG do some sh*t.
I would be okay if they give a kubel/sturmpios a old stats prior this patch, they worked good together.
12 Sep 2014, 09:35 AM

When I played with Kübelwagen people who called OP against it were complaining because their same old strategies (if you can call Maxim spam a strategy) didn't automatically counter the Kübelwagen anymore (pinned down Maxims could still easily destroy Kübelwagen). They didn't try to build anything else, they didn't get anti-tank guns out. They didn't try to attack it from more than one side, they didn't try to put ambushes in, they didn't try to lay mines etc., basically the stuff that Germans are already used to having to do against stuff like M3 and the Dodge. People didn't put much effort in the past into killing the Kübelwagen because you just had to wait until its pathing eventually went batshit insane and it killed itself. This is why I don't really care currently about their complaints too much right now. I actually even heard such complaints already before the patch occasionally.

When my enemies actually start to try to adapt to the Kübelwagen, I will maybe change my opinion.

With Americans however I think a problem is that their Bazookas are too inaccurate against it now. A target size increase could fix this.
12 Sep 2014, 09:43 AM

Perhaps we should increase setup time by 1-2 seconds, and give another *small* buff to its health. If the kubel is a wee bit more survivable, but isn't quite so quick to start suppressing again after it's forced to relocate, it will be more consistent and balanced.
12 Sep 2014, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:35 AMgokkel
When I played with Kübelwagen people who called OP against it were complaining because their same old strategies (if you can call Maxim spam a strategy) didn't automatically counter the Kübelwagen anymore (pinned down Maxims could still easily destroy Kübelwagen). They didn't try to build anything else, they didn't get anti-tank guns out. They didn't try to attack it from more than one side, they didn't try to put ambushes in, they didn't try to lay mines etc., basically the stuff that Germans are already used to having to do against stuff like M3 and the Dodge. People didn't put much effort in the past into killing the Kübelwagen because you just had to wait until its pathing eventually went batshit insane and it killed itself. This is why I don't really care currently about their complaints too much right now. I actually even heard such complaints already before the patch occasionally.

When my enemies actually start to try to adapt to the Kübelwagen, I will maybe change my opinion.

With Americans however I think a problem is that their Bazookas are too inaccurate against it now. A target size increase could fix this.

This is a flawed comparison, because m3 and jeep have to get close to do damage. Kubel on the other hand, does damage and suppresses from a distance. That's why most of the tactics one uses to fight m3 for example do not work against it well (especially for USF).
12 Sep 2014, 09:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:44 AMAbdul

This is a flawed comparison, because m3 and jeep have to get close to do damage. Kubel on the other hand, does damage and suppresses from a distance. That's why most of the tactics one uses to fight m3 for example do not work against it well (especially for USF).

nope. m3 and dodge are quite heavy dps units especially against a kubel who is a larger target size then infantry. also dont forget that the m3 and dodge is meant to carry a squad inside of it mister i have 2 standards.
12 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

I was expecting this kind of topic as soon as they make Kubel somehow useful unit :D
12 Sep 2014, 10:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:44 AMAbdul

Of course, that's why his M3 micro is that such a fail. :lol:
12 Sep 2014, 10:52 AM
Patrion 14

I say keep Kubel as it is, stat-wise. It's no fun having a unit that can't do real damage against enemies.

If it turns out too effective for cost - it is a mobile MG, after all - do increase price or delay before suppression buff kicks in after standing still.
12 Sep 2014, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:48 AMJaigen

nope. m3 and dodge are quite heavy dps units especially against a kubel who is a larger target size then infantry. also dont forget that the m3 and dodge is meant to carry a squad inside of it mister i have 2 standards.

That is exactly why it needs to get close, duh! In order for it to be most useful the flamer eng or penals inside of it have to get close and that's how it gets fausted/ambushed/hit mine/etc. Kubel doesn't need to get close at all.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 09:48 AMJaigen
mister i have 2 standards.

How about you keep your troll attitude to yourself.
12 Sep 2014, 11:13 AM

Needs to cost some fuel like the other scout cars. Given the OKW's "crippled" fuel income 5 would be very fair.
12 Sep 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 11:13 AMNapalm
Needs to cost some fuel like the other scout cars. Given the OKW's "crippled" fuel income 5 would be very fair.

Which scout car fragile in this level?

Given PE 221 scout car costing no fuel, suggesting Kubel (bike, schrimmwagen, jeep?) need fuel is just ignorant.
12 Sep 2014, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 11:29 AMPorygon

Which scout car fragile in this level?

Given PE 221 scout car costing no fuel, suggesting Kubel (bike, schrimmwagen, jeep?) need fuel is just ignorant.

Ignorance is dropping from a game because it's not going your way, champ.

Which scout car has the ability to suppress and apply damage? What is the timing of this unit?

Big advantages there.
12 Sep 2014, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 11:34 AMNapalm

Which scout car has the ability to suppress and apply damage? What is the timing of this unit?

Big advantages there.

PE 221 can do.
12 Sep 2014, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 11:34 AMNapalm

Sorry to say, but your Axis stats ae still at 11 played, most lost, as they where 3 weeks ago, yet you harp on about preferring Axis and playing them?

Whats the story, man?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight