Login

russian armor

Are kubelwagens OP

PAGES (20)down
12 Sep 2014, 05:02 AM

With the vehicle pathing improvement as well as the more narrow but longer arc, the kubelwagen feels a lot more useful than before. The kubelwagen still is very vulnerable to small arms fire but it can pin and get away a lot easier now. It's still pretty vulnerable to M3 scout cars and maxims which is fine, but I hear people complaining about the thing being to OP against Americans. Perhaps Relic should make the M9 bazooka more accurate?

Who thinks the kubelwagen needs a fuel cost or are they ok now?
12 Sep 2014, 05:27 AM

Relic over buffed that unit for its role and cost. Now you see people spending their whole first 5 minutes of the game just microing that unit and getting kills and map control.

Relic should have fixed the pathing issues first then checked its performance before over buffing it like they did with this patch.

Now it has the best performance of any early vehicle and cost 0 fuel. Introducing a fuel cost would be better but will not fix the problem. Because right now its so good you can gain back the fuel investment in no time with the easy map control you get from using it.
12 Sep 2014, 05:34 AM

I dont see USF using smoke often enough... just the regular charge in riflemen with BARs in hand.
12 Sep 2014, 05:47 AM

I dont see USF using smoke often enough... just the regular charge in riflemen with BARs in hand.

Smoke... really? It's not a normal MG unit. Just reverse away...
12 Sep 2014, 05:51 AM

Smoke... really? It's not a normal MG unit. Just reverse away...

... "Normal MG units" can unpack and redeploy elswhere safely as well... disabling a unit's purpose is countering it...
12 Sep 2014, 05:52 AM

... "Normal MG units" can unpack and redeploy elswhere safely as well... disabling a unit's purpose is countering it...

which does not happen with kubel because it does not need to setup and will continue to suppress.
12 Sep 2014, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 05:52 AMAbdul

which does not happen with kubel because it does not need to setup and will continue to suppress.

Shoot more smoke.
12 Sep 2014, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 05:51 AMAbdul

Why do we have those 2 troll comments in a balance thread. They serve no purpose except to make fun of other peoples' opinions.

So saying a car made with tissue paper OP is fine, disagreeing is trolling.
Really love Allies _______ logic.

Maxim with six men, good survivability, super fast setup and rotate speed, is fine.
A Maxim on wheels, still suffering pathing issues, no scaling at all, 2 secs setup time, can't sustain long range fire for even 4 seconds, is OMFGIMBAOVERBUFF.

Love it.
12 Sep 2014, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 05:55 AMPorygon

So saying a car made with tissue paper is OP is fine, disagreeing is trolling.

Really love Allies _______ logic.

*cough*current M3 and WC51 threads*cough*

As you can see, everything have an origin(yea, EA, you wish huh).
12 Sep 2014, 06:01 AM

Kubels are just going to be one of those units that is going to remain stupid until some time. The same thing happened to the M3 Scout Car. Relic keeps adding T0-T1 vehicle units that are too powerful for the first few minutes.

Hey guys! Let's introduce a vehicle into a faction where it requires the player's stupidity or the opponent's luck for it to be destroyed! (<-------- Mainly M3)

The problem is that if Relic decides to remove the kubel then the early game OKW infantry are going to be obliterated by the allies infantry. Well, they can replace the kubel with the mg34 but knowing relic's previous history they won't do that. So it will probably be nerfed.
12 Sep 2014, 06:03 AM

Shoot more smoke.

I rather use shocks in m3s!
12 Sep 2014, 06:06 AM

If the MG42 or MG34 are forced to unpack, it takes for more time for those two to unpack and pack again then for the kubelwaggen to reverse and drive left or right of the smoke. If you manage to really damage the kubels, it can reverse away to safety (Now it can, previously it couldn't), where as a MG is most likely going to die.
12 Sep 2014, 06:09 AM

Kubels are just going to be one of those units that is going to remain stupid until some time. The same thing happened to the M3 Scout Car. Relic keeps adding T0-T1 vehicle units that are too powerful for the first few minutes.

Hey guys! Let's introduce a vehicle into a faction where it requires the player's stupidity or the opponent's luck for it to be destroyed! (<-------- Mainly M3)

The problem is that if Relic decides to remove the kubel then the early game OKW infantry are going to be obliterated by the allies infantry. Well, they can replace the kubel with the mg34 but knowing relic's previous history they won't do that. So it will probably be nerfed.

Because Trollic. They saw that the M3 was SO balanced, that they decided to add in TWO more vehicles as the first units arriving on the field (dodge truck situation vastly improved, though).

But seriously, shooting smoke at everything that twitches is pretty frustrating for the Axis enemy, and the LMG meta is supposed to be dying out. Smoke allows you to gain ground to perhaps enter a building, get into better cover, or to hide in when capping (late game shock troopers of mine are always forced to be this fodder since i will never build conscripts)

I know its supposed to be a joke, but shocks in an m3 will always kill a kubelwagen, and USF doesnt have shocks/m3's, so...

I guess players would rather rush in with their riflemen and expect to win. Thats how USF counters mg's..

Regardless, smoke counters the kubel. You get suppressed; you smoke it. It cant escape every time.
12 Sep 2014, 06:26 AM

Well, saying the truth, Kubel is the most high risk/skill/reward ratio units in COH2 now, I like its design.
A little mistake or the driver have some issues with pathing, it's smoked.

You can bait him easily into trap, both Soviet and USF can do it.
12 Sep 2014, 06:51 AM

Its a joke in early game.
I think its too strong because the mobility.
The setup time should be longer, its too easy to relocate.
12 Sep 2014, 06:52 AM

If you hit the kubel with the smoke cannister it gets some sort of slow down debuff, making it easier to attack.
12 Sep 2014, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2014, 06:26 AMPorygon
Well, saying the truth, Kubel is the most high risk/skill/reward ratio units in COH2 now, I like its design.
A little mistake or the driver have some issues with pathing, it's smoked.

You can bait him easily into trap, both Soviet and USF can do it.

I agree with this 100%...

Kübel CAN reverse, yes, but the maxim/m2 hmg not, they have instead the retreat button, with 0.4 received accuracy bonus, not bad, yeah? I can micro my units most of time Ok level, but i rare lost my whole mg teams(especially the 6 member maxim), but with a kubel, one little mistake, and my wheeled baby mg gone... Kübel is fine at it is, high risk/high reward supress-harass tool, who needs babysitting, and proper timing, planing, micro.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 225
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L