Login

russian armor

Target Weak point Bug on AT guns

30 Aug 2014, 17:19 PM

When will this ability be fixed on AT guns? It has been broken for ages now. Both on the pak 40 and pak 43. It always mis-fires. Its extremely silly to still have this ability available, but not functional. I'm sure its frustrating for new players who don't know its broken.

I mean I can't be the only one not seeing this just being tossed a side and being forgotten about right?
30 Aug 2014, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

When will this ability be fixed on AT guns? It has been broken for ages now. Both on the pak 40 and pak 43. It always mis-fires. Its extremely silly to still have this ability available, but not functional. I'm sure its frustrating for new players who don't know its broken.

I mean I can't be the only one not seeing this just being tossed a side and being forgotten about right?

As much as I would like this to be fixed, it would result in the Pak overperforming to the point of brokenness, I think. The Pak is already the best AT gun ingame, and vets up extremely quick- having one able to singlehandedly stun and kill any piece of medium armor, and in pairs chain-stunning kill every piece of armor in the game, would be silly. Maybe the tooltip could be changed, or the shell given increased penetration or a guaranteed hit and description changed or something.
30 Aug 2014, 17:52 PM

Or they could just fix the tooltip to note that it only works on stationary targets. Like said, honestly the PaK40 would need a nerf to its firing rate if the stun rounds were made to work like they do on vehicles.

30 Aug 2014, 20:06 PM

Be cool if they it was changed to something like armor piercing? Or something other than a munitions drain button.
30 Aug 2014, 22:59 PM

Be cool if they it was changed to something like armor piercing? Or something other than a munitions drain button.

What allied tanks do PaK need an armor piercing buff against? Only allied tanks with a decent chance of bouncing are IS-2 and ISU-152 (which will just 1 shot decrew your PaK from out of range anyways). Armor piercing ability for PaK would be largely pointless.
1 Sep 2014, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 17:52 PMCruzz
Or they could just fix the tooltip to note that it only works on stationary targets. Like said, honestly the PaK40 would need a nerf to its firing rate if the stun rounds were made to work like they do on vehicles.

Yeah but they'd have to make it work still. In my experience, it's extremely broken. There's zero feedback on firing, and 90% of the time nothing happens even if the vehicle isn't moving. Did my shell hit the ground? Did it shoot at all? I can't tell, because there's zero feedback, sometimes it'll take my munitions and sometimes it'll do nothing. The only time I see it work is against AI when they park their tank stationary infront of the Pak. I'll go for TWP and about 5 seconds later the Tank suddenly gets stunned.

If they rework it, they could replace it with Spalling Shot, when selected the AT gun goes into a "hold fire" state, you click an area on the ground, and it'll fire accurately (not falling short or crashing into terrain) at that spot. If it hits a tank, it'll stun it. Could be a neat way to make a bug into a feature.
1 Sep 2014, 10:39 AM
Patrion 27

Yeah but they'd have to make it work still. In my experience, it's extremely broken. There's zero feedback on firing, and 90% of the time nothing happens even if the vehicle isn't moving. Did my shell hit the ground? Did it shoot at all? I can't tell, because there's zero feedback, sometimes it'll take my munitions and sometimes it'll do nothing. The only time I see it work is against AI when they park their tank stationary infront of the Pak. I'll go for TWP and about 5 seconds later the Tank suddenly gets stunned.

If they rework it, they could replace it with Spalling Shot, when selected the AT gun goes into a "hold fire" state, you click an area on the ground, and it'll fire accurately (not falling short or crashing into terrain) at that spot. If it hits a tank, it'll stun it. Could be a neat way to make a bug into a feature.

You nailed it. There is no way of knowing if they ability even activated due to lack of feedback. With the amount of bugged nade/faust/ability cooldowns in the game it makes it even tougher.
1 Sep 2014, 12:03 PM

I swear this ability is so retarded, should be something else. Paks are already deadly enough.
1 Sep 2014, 12:58 PM
Donator 11

I hate abilities that takes the micro out of a players hands.
1 Sep 2014, 14:11 PM
Patrion 14

as i said in the p4 thread,

not to derail this topic but if twp worked 100% of the time, 40 muni would be giving it away for practically free. a guarantee couple of seconds stun (for most vehicles) in front of non other than the pak40 ATG would be priceless.

so i think they should either fix twp not firing and make it clear that it only works on stationary targets, or make it work 100% of the time whether the vehicle is moving or not and nerf the stun timer
1 Sep 2014, 17:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i think they should either fix twp not firing and make it clear that it only works on stationary targets, or make it work 100% of the time whether the vehicle is moving or not and nerf the stun timer

+1

Did it ever work tracking vehicles or is it working as intended ?
1 Sep 2014, 19:09 PM

Did it ever work tracking vehicles or is it working as intended ?

It did once, but then they broke it again.
1 Sep 2014, 19:12 PM

probably on purpose

It's a very powerful ability when it lands. It makes the zis "tracking" ability look like an april fools joke
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight