Login

russian armor

Partisans need to be more consistent

29 Aug 2014, 12:33 PM

That´s the point. Both units shouldn´t be there to combat Axis troops in an open fight. They should capture points behind the frontlines or overwhelm a lone support weapon. By no means should some armed farmers beat trained soldiers in open combat.

Give them a faster cap rate or something like that.

much of partisans - Red Army soldiers were surrounded, their preparation was very good (some partisans had tanks).
My opinion is to remove the partisans and the irregular and replace them with the saboteurs of the NKVD / scouts - appearing on 2CP.
29 Aug 2014, 14:21 PM

If we go into history. Indeed - surrounded troops, indeed civilians. Also some commanders were from the times of Civil War (1917-1923), there also could be retired WWI soldiers, hunters. Plenty of people who knew how to hold a rifle. Not even mentioning NKVD-formed units.

But in game currently Partisans have three main problems:
1.) Lack of non-doctrinal frontline infantry for Soviet faction, that can scale entire game. (check the discussion of Conscripts just nearby)
2.) Accuracy penalty on them
3.) Weapon profiles of SVT, when fragile Partisan units have to close in at superior long-ranged unit (often happens with squads in the field).

Also introduction of OKW changed some things, as OKW trucks are often not at the base, so the amount of time for partisans to decap safely is getting smaller before blob/unit arrives
29 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM

If we go into history. Indeed - surrounded troops, indeed civilians. Also some commanders were from the times of Civil War (1917-1923), there also could be retired WWI soldiers, hunters. Plenty of people who knew how to hold a rifle. Not even mentioning NKVD-formed units.

But in game currently Partisans have three main problems:
1.) Lack of non-doctrinal frontline infantry for Soviet faction, that can scale entire game. (check the discussion of Conscripts just nearby)
2.) Accuracy penalty on them
3.) Weapon profiles of SVT, when fragile Partisan units have to close in at superior long-ranged unit (often happens with squads in the field).

Also introduction of OKW changed some things, as OKW trucks are often not at the base, so the amount of time for partisans to decap safely is getting smaller before blob/unit arrives

totally agree.
or do partisans equal FallschirmJäger
or do better conscripts / penal
or replace the partisan / irregular new sabotage unit
29 Aug 2014, 18:16 PM

Partisans should do more damdge and cost more, so they can really do something behind lines.
29 Aug 2014, 20:06 PM

Partisans should do more damdge and cost more, so they can really do something behind lines.

Their price is okay. They will still remain randomized with weapons and 4-man squad fighting armies designed to kill 6-man squads even with accuracy normalized.
29 Aug 2014, 21:57 PM

I used to think Partisans were just bad because they could pop out of any building, but with Fallschirmjagers and Jager Light Infantry, that idea went out the window and we basically have Panzergrenadiers popping out of buildings. Compared to that, Partisans are cost ineffective and combat ineffective.
29 Aug 2014, 23:20 PM
Patrion 27

You can call in a partisan and lay a mine or throw an AT grenade at a crippled vehicle behind enemy lines from ANY building. They aren't mean to be combat troops.
29 Aug 2014, 23:40 PM

Even if they aren't meant to be combat troops, they're very expensive just to decap a point or lay a mine. And if they get spotted, you might as well let them die, because they're no use on your end of the map. If they could hide in cover or despawn for a refund, yeah they'd be much more useful. But currently? I'd rather use Engineers for my mine-laying and pop Panzergrenadiers out of buildings.
30 Aug 2014, 05:29 AM

You can call in a partisan and lay a mine or throw an AT grenade at a crippled vehicle behind enemy lines from ANY building. They aren't mean to be combat troops.

Compared to reliable things like shock troops and call-in heavies, this is incredibly situational and not worth the commander selection for the vast majority of the time. Once the surprise effect is past, partisans are nigh useless as combat troops, and you don't get anything that can tangle with elite Axis infantry. Heaven help you if you're against an OKW with Luftwaffe or Scavenge, since he can also spawn infantry from buildings, but his are far more powerful than yours while also have several abilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 3
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %