Login

russian armor

OKW truck pushing

PAGES (7)down
26 Aug 2014, 02:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Who agrees that this is an exploit? Thus should be removed from the game.

Its a FREE unit that can push units. couple this with Kubel and sturms. Its devastating to allied early game. I don't think lowering health would help.

I personally would love to see a massive speed decrease. Or disable its pushing ability....
26 Aug 2014, 02:40 AM

I don't think its fine that its a thing. I can think of 3 immediate solutions:

1. Reduce health.

or

2. Reduce speed.

or

3. Let it clip through infantry without killing them or making them displace or block shots(lol).

In the mean time the safest way to counter it is keep two squads together in the first few minutes if you suspect the opponent will do it.
26 Aug 2014, 03:40 AM

I don't think its fine that its a thing. I can think of 3 immediate solutions:

1. Reduce health.

or

2. Reduce speed.

or

3. Let it clip through infantry without killing them or making them displace or block shots(lol).

In the mean time the safest way to counter it is keep two squads together in the first few minutes if you suspect the opponent will do it.

And the speed and health now even not low enough for Allies players?
Really?
26 Aug 2014, 03:54 AM

i dont know why they dont just make the trucks like the british trucks from coh1. In coh1 you could only get trucks after purchasing them instead of just having trucks that constantly keep getting called in.
26 Aug 2014, 03:56 AM

i dont know why they dont just make the trucks like the british trucks from coh1. In coh1 you could only get trucks after purchasing them instead of just having trucks that constantly keep getting called in.

Because they didnt want to copy Brits 100%?

Yet, nobody is complaining that the truck spawns right off the bat and not a minute later instead?
26 Aug 2014, 04:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 03:40 AMPorygon

And the speed and health now even not low enough for Allies players?
Really?

It shouldn't be a viable tactic at all. I personally know how to counter it, like I said I keep my squads together/close early and leap frog/keep range if I think the opponnent is even gonna try it.

But the fact it can be done isn't right. Its a free unit, even if you lose it, the 3 minutes you are waiting for the next one in the first 5 minutes of a match is next to meaningless since T1 units are all you need at this time.

e: I strongly disagree with your post below but whatever, I'll agree to disagree. Despite the fact losing the first truck probably gets you faster to 1 CP and calling in MG34s and backing up with volks/raketens for AT.
26 Aug 2014, 04:42 AM

It shouldn't be a viable tactic at all. I personally know how to counter it, like I said I keep my squads together/close early and leap frog/keep range if I think the opponnent is even gonna try it.

But the fact it can be done isn't right. Its a free unit, even if you lose it, the 3 minutes you are waiting for the next one in the first 5 minutes of a match is next to meaningless since T1 units are all you need at this time.

Absolutely wrong, if you lose that it gonna delay the whole tech tree another 3-4 minutes, even you don't build anything from the first truck, because the second truck won't arrive until you setup the first truck.

Losing the first truck is almost a game over.

And the free unit concept is bullshit, all starting engis and Pio are free units too, are they shouldn't be used in any viable strategy?
The truck is the asset of OKW and their manpower drain for their tech (OKW has always one unit less on field than USF at early game because of deploying that truck), they deserve what they are made currently, deal with it.
26 Aug 2014, 04:55 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 04:42 AMPorygon

Absolutely wrong, if you lose that it gonna delay the whole tech tree another 3-4 minutes, even you don't build anything from the first truck, because the second truck won't arrive until you setup the first truck.

Losing the first truck is almost a game over.

And the free unit concept is bullshit, all starting engis and Pio are free units too, are they shouldn't be used in any viable strategy?
The truck is the asset of OKW and their manpower drain for their tech (OKW has always one unit less on field than USF at early game because of deploying that truck), they deserve what they are made currently, deal with it.

The tactic is not meant to be in-game. It WILL get removed.
26 Aug 2014, 05:01 AM

Months and months and months later when people will wonder why it was changed.
26 Aug 2014, 07:13 AM

How do you declare something should or should not in-game?
Stop that subjective nonsense.
26 Aug 2014, 07:55 AM

Hm. And I was thinking the truck's health is to low. Lol. If its health will be decreased, then please increase the speed of conversion into a building. Otherwise a couple of riflemen will kill it during conversion and is GG if we talk early game.
26 Aug 2014, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 07:55 AMJohnnyB
Hm. And I was thinking the truck's health is to low. Lol. If its health will be decreased, then please increase the speed of conversion into a building. Otherwise a couple of riflemen will kill it during conversion and is GG if we talk early game.

Well, the idea is that u have to defend ur truck, not placing an advanced flaktruck and lock down 1 -2 sectors with free T34 AT and infantry insta suppression
26 Aug 2014, 08:37 AM

I don't know if it is intended or not, but the idea of using base buildings to push and hinder enemy units is retarded.

I hope Relic do something to prevent those lame strategies.
26 Aug 2014, 08:45 AM

You forget Truck's used to have CRUSH and be able to Crush Infantry. There was literally no counter, be glad they can only push you around now.
26 Aug 2014, 08:50 AM

I don't think it needs any changes. As KovuTalli said, it was a disaster earlier. Now it's fine. Also like Porygon said, losing it would be almost game over. So there's no real reason to get greedy with it.
26 Aug 2014, 09:22 AM
Patrion 14

I think it should get a health buff, but also a speed nerf (perhaps like the Brit trucks?). It shouldn't be too easy to destroy a would be tech building, but it also REALLY REALLY REALLY shouldn't be used in the first minutes to push infantry around. It's just ridiculously stupid gameplay. If the OKW needs it to have a chance in the early game (which I doubt), then give them something else, but not something as stupid as a pushing truck.

Another option would be to give it an initial speed nerf, but then buff its speed back to what it is now when you've got at least one truck set up (like grenades that become available when the first truck sets up). That way you won't have the push truck in the early early game, which is really the only point where pushing is relevant.
26 Aug 2014, 09:23 AM
Patrion 14

man the fuck up and find ways to deal with it instead of crying for relic to do something for you...

Well let's just remove the entire balance forums then right?
26 Aug 2014, 10:14 AM

Truck health has nothing to do with building health. The buildings always have 1500-2000 health, the truck has 300, and the health the truck is at when starting building also doesn't matter.

Mobile truck should lose pretty much all its armor (from 5 to 2, if not 1). Then you can try crush around with it and it'll actually die. Reducing HP isn't that good because then you could potentially one hit it with a stray shot later on.
26 Aug 2014, 10:24 AM

Probably the biggest offender here is that truck can be heavily damaged, but building will be 100% healthy.

Maybe it would discourage truck push raids(or at lease make okw player think twice) if the building inherited same % of lost life that truck had when conversion begun and retained it until repaired properly.

And there, no longer 100% risk free raids.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L