Login

russian armor

Shocks

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
19 Aug 2014, 17:25 PM

Here is a replay of a game with shocks.

Please watch the replay it is only a few minutes long. http://www.coh2.org/replay/22675/shocks
Before you start bashing on me I know shocks are doctrinal pure ai infantry with a fairly high price and I know I outplayed my oponent, but damn.
This is not supposed to be a flame thread. I just want to ask a general question. Why do soviets have a pretty good call in structure in early and endgame. Early there will be the strong infantry like guards and shocks and late you get the heavy call ins. It feels very hard to defeat them in any stage of the game even if you have the advantage in the current game situation I am always happier playing against americans than against soviets.

This is my playercard http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198027309158 .
As you can see I am mainly concerned about 1v1 and I do not favour any faction. I play all of them and have fun to play them. The only thing that bugs me atm is ,that it feels so easy to me atleast to win with soviets and so much harder with any other faction.

It is ok to state your opinion on things that is the purpose of this topic, but please keep it clean I do not want to get an instant shut down by the moderators for people shitstorming this thread.

Thanks for reading and please give me your feedback.
Vaz
19 Aug 2014, 17:51 PM

I can't watch the replay right now. I'm having trouble understanding the issue of this topic. It's labeled shocks but I don't see much about shocks in your paragraphs. Can you clarify what your asking?
19 Aug 2014, 17:59 PM

It shows shock squads wiping out multiple VGs and SPs at once and a squad wipe of a full health FSJ squad by grenade (I hate that shit on 4 man squads), amongst other things. Should have wiped that MG34 after the smoke grenade also but I guess OP knew he had a flanking Penal flamer coming in.

It was a bit one sided because the other guy lost his truck unfortunately but I would have expected 2 volks in green cover and a SP to kill a shock squad but they hardly scratched it.
19 Aug 2014, 18:01 PM

The issue for me is , that I do not see a real weakness in the soviet standart strats. All factions have advantages disadvantes but Soviets seem to have a good time all game long and that is why it feels very hard to win a game against Soviets.
19 Aug 2014, 18:07 PM

Shocks are really strong for 1CP. They can beat Obers at close range, they can handkle 3 volks or grens pretty easily too.

I don't mind sovs having such strong inf but at 2CP...
19 Aug 2014, 18:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Shocks are really strong for 1CP. They can beat Obers at close range, they can handkle 3 volks or grens pretty easily too.

I don't mind sovs having such strong inf but at 2CP...

Shocks are 2CP.
19 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 17:25 PMWewe
I just want to ask a general question. Why do soviets have a pretty good call in structure in early and endgame. Early there will be the strong infantry like guards and shocks and late you get the heavy call ins.

This question has a simple answer. It's because the Soviets core army is either shit or structured in such a way that you can't get a well-rounded army without spending terrible amounts of manpower and fuel on tech. Even Ostheer going for all their tech come out quite a bit lower than Soviets.

If you try to play some games without either call-in infantry or call-in tanks, or one of the doctrines that lack both, you will soon see why the soviets have such good call-ins.
19 Aug 2014, 18:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Edit: Aerohank answered you.

And i don´t get why the thread is called shocks when you are just asking for soviet faction design.
19 Aug 2014, 18:27 PM

This question has a simple answer. It's because the Soviets core army is either shit or structured in such a way that you can't get a well-rounded army without spending terrible amounts of manpower and fuel on tech. Even Ostheer going for all their tech come out quite a bit lower than Soviets.

If you try to play some games without either call-in infantry or call-in tanks, or one of the doctrines that lack both, you will soon see why the soviets have such good call-ins.

I kinda did that a few times epecially against okw ppsh t2 into a fast t3 is a pretty decent strat.

Problems against ostheer or "Tigerheer" is that you need hard at against tigers which call ins provide.
19 Aug 2014, 18:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

OP and I have discussed- he has made good points. Please respect his judgement, as he mods his thread. :)
19 Aug 2014, 19:07 PM

All you have to do to counter shocks in use suppression and keep your distance.

Nothing more.

If you allow them to get in bad breath range you pretty much deserve to get punished for that.
Vaz
19 Aug 2014, 19:12 PM

volks and regular grenadiers should really stay away from shocks as single squads. Even with multiples they just don't have the dps to cut through the armor. Much like trying to use a con squad to fight sturm pio's or obers, it's usually useless.

I feel like something is wrong with falls though. They are dying super fast. I don't know if their health is cut in half or the received accuracy buff is not applying, but it seems like they are dying faster than they should.
19 Aug 2014, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 19:07 PMKatitof
All you have to do to counter shocks in use suppression and keep your distance.

Nothing more.

If you allow them to get in bad breath range you pretty much deserve to get punished for that.

if you play OKW, mg's are doc. based.

Also, shocks get smoke...

I've had my entire inf wiped out by 1-2 shock units a few times now, with mg's and grens in position. PG's were nerfed so hard that it hasn't been a viable counter for ages.

So what to do? Retreat when you see shocks unless you have a vehicle there.
19 Aug 2014, 19:23 PM

Hmm, shocks are 390 mp doctrinal , pure AI infantry that is only effective at close range.

If anything next patch shocks are getting a buff since long range combat is getting or should get reworked.

All close combat or mid range units at the moment are underperforming, not overperforming, and relic has acknowledged that.
19 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM

So what to do? Retreat when you see shocks unless you have a vehicle there.

inb4 kubel
19 Aug 2014, 19:26 PM

Can't stop shocks without obers.
Most disappointing however is the poor performance of the falls..at 440 mp...greater than shocks in both cost and reinforce...its just sad.
19 Aug 2014, 19:28 PM

Most disappointing however is the poor performance of the falls..at 440 mp...greater than shocks in both cost and reinforce...its just sad.

You do know why they are 440mp right?

Hint: it's the same reason why partisans are so expensive.
19 Aug 2014, 19:29 PM

What if I told you, I'd much rather have falls than shocks as soviets? But because I can't have falls I just make guards instead.
19 Aug 2014, 19:32 PM

2 volks with nade use will stop shocks.

2 sturmpios will obliterate shocks.

2 G43 panzerfusiliers will stop shocks(normal ones as well but you need nade).

And falls will win if you land a good nade. Falls cost is so high because of opportunity value that spawning them anywhere from neutral building gives.
19 Aug 2014, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2014, 19:29 PMCruzz

What if I told you, I'd much rather have falls than shocks as soviets? But because I can't have falls I just make guards instead.

What if i told u i'd take that exchange any day..every day.
But i'm curious to the reasons behind ur decision.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS