Login

russian armor

What should Relic do to increase allies-players?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
and
9 Sep 2014, 22:20 PM

Yeah this new patch is definitely not going to have more people playing US.
9 Sep 2014, 22:23 PM

Some guy in Relic's HQ bet that they couldn't reach a 100% axis playerbase.

If the only explanation to this patch.
9 Sep 2014, 22:25 PM

At least we have 70DPS assault engies for USF now. Will help until devs stop goofing around and bring a balance patch :)
9 Sep 2014, 23:33 PM

Allies seem to be really powerful now. Still I don't want to join this spammy playstyle so I play axis.

Too bad Volks and GRens are spammed as well .. kekekekekeke
10 Sep 2014, 00:12 AM

Permanently Banned
I like the production speed increase for USF. but not touching USF after rifles got nurfed
10 Sep 2014, 00:54 AM

Pretty much this.
Easily the dumbest thing I've read all thread. I think all American's in this thread an agree we've been nationalized and brainwashed to think we're the coolest nation from birth. Whether or not you agree is bullshit. I know if I took 5 minutes on google scholar I could prove that more often than not American's choose to make their heritage known in video games or anywhere else. You guys are just trying to justify being on the axis dick.
10 Sep 2014, 03:43 AM

Answer to OP,

This patch.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2014, 19:35 PMCruzz

Is a great leap forward on the road to permanent 100% searching as axis.

+1 Cruzz
10 Sep 2014, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Make new commanders drop only while playing with the opposite faction :bananadance:
10 Sep 2014, 19:54 PM

We failed comrades. Vetlolcake is probably a Relic developer!!!!
10 Sep 2014, 21:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 19:54 PMNinjaWJ
We failed comrades. Vetlolcake is probably a Relic developer!!!!

No! Whatever else the troll may be, he cannot lay claim to that :)
11 Sep 2014, 02:24 AM

Stop talking about balance in EVERY SINGLE THREAD! That was not the question here. If you think that Axis is favored over allies because of balance then say so we don't need more information on your personal view on the current balance.
11 Sep 2014, 06:03 AM

Hello my name is Napalm and I lead a pack of bears.

I believe that in 3v3 and 4v4 game modes axis are preferred because it easier to win.

Futhermore...

Thanks for reading
12 Sep 2014, 12:52 PM

It is worse since patch. To bad relic sidestepped this question in the stream they did yesterday.
12 Sep 2014, 13:24 PM

I have played many WW2 rts games and people generally choose sides based on their ability to win with them, there are some who will veto Axis or allies due to hating the other factions depicted nation, I probably fall into that category as although I play Axis I only do it to know their weaknesses so I can win as allies.

but in my experience I am the exception rather than the rule, most people play to win only, which is probably healthier than my silly anti axis stance.
12 Sep 2014, 13:56 PM

The only thing that would increase allies would be to balance the game in 4v4.

The popular explanation in this thread that people play axis because the units look better is complete BS. The search numbers before this patch were generally 60 Axis to 40 Allies. Now the numbers are often 90-10. Do you really think that most of the people who used to play allies suddenly found the axis units irrestible?

I prefer playing allies but even before the patch it was difficult to have a decent game. If the allies didn't have a significant territory advantage at the 10 minute mark, the game wasn't likely to go well unless there was several good players on the allies side.

Since the patch, it's been really difficult to play allies. Removing the Dodge, nerfing rifles at long range, and adding nearly instant suppression by the clown car has made it so most of the games are really bad. The clown cars get sent to both fuels and are difficult to drive off. Even if they do get driven off, the allies will be so far behind in fuel and tech that they will soon be fighting Pumas with rifles.
12 Sep 2014, 14:14 PM

I'm really hesitant to come out with hyperbolic, catch-all summaries on the state of the game. But post patch I've dropped 14% winrate in 2v2 as USF, and honestly its hell out there. Buffed Kubels, buffed grens, no counter for the wehr sniper other than taking out the freshly nerfed truck commander. Of course the game is balanced for 1v1 but I doubt its much better in that bracket either. There also seem to be a speight of people trying their hand at allies who, patently, should stick to those Axis 4v4 turtlefests.

I'm probably gonna cool off on automatching with randoms for the meanwhile.
12 Sep 2014, 14:32 PM

I'm allies player and I love big teamgames. Guards+Mark Targer+ISU was the only option versus KT or JT. Now that's gone. I enjoy to use USF aswell despite it's pain in the ass to use Jackson vs Axis Heavies. Streak +5 was really hard to get. On the other had, I bought OKW week ago, just started to use them and guess what, streak +21 without any problems...
Just check ladder for streak. Axis are arous 15-30. Allies 1-10. Maybe what Im going to say is quastionable but if game would be properly balanced for 1v1 and 2v2, 4v4 would also be, because often it's not 4v4 but 4x 1v1 or 2x 2v2.
But Axis have to many late-game OP units. Someone sad that CoH is designed as rock paper scissors. It's good but at some point there is no scissors for Axis' "paper" like KT, JT, Tiger Ace, Elephant.
Give USF Pershing, redesing Soviets and maybe amout of Allies player will grow.
12 Sep 2014, 15:57 PM

I am glad people have the same observations as me regarding Allies and Axis in team games. It is either win fast or face impending loss.

Another problem I see is that OKW and Ost can choose to attack or defend. They have good enough units where they can be flexible in offense and defense. However, Allies have no heavy emplacements suited for a defense. Allies just focus on attacking the enemy. Once heavy Axis tanks roll out, the "attack only" strategy of Allies just evaporates to the strong armor and damage of Axis heavies.

In my experience with team games (I play them exclusively), Allies usually have a good map advantage during the early and midgame (probably 60 percent). If you haven't crushed the Axis by then or made one rage, it is going to be a pain in the ass to deal with Panthers, KT, Jagdtigers, etc.
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS