Login

russian armor

What should Relic do to increase allies-players?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
4 Sep 2014, 00:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Posting in stealth buff-allies thread.

But seriously, the matchmaker % is situational and we cant infer preference, much less imbalance, from it.

We sure as hell can....
4 Sep 2014, 00:07 AM

We sure as hell can....

Sure, you can claim the world is flat too.

You can, but it would be idiotic to do so.
4 Sep 2014, 00:12 AM

germans are more compelling to play because they provide more options and have great unit and tier synergy. Combined arms is a genuine thing with Germans. One thing to mix this up is swapping the SU76 and T70 between their respective buildings allowing for a more variable play style and true combined arms with their vehicle options.
4 Sep 2014, 00:57 AM

Permanently Banned

Sure, you can claim the world is flat too.

You can, but it would be idiotic to do so.

It shows how smart you are. denying hard evidence.

The % if axis searching in 2v2's are almost ALWAYS 60% and above. In 3v3' and 4v4's the percentage is almost always 75% and above searching as axis.

And dont tell me some BS like "there are more players currently playing". Axis have to wait a long time to get games.

Plz. dont bring up the people love axis argument either. in many ww2 games like War Thunder players don't play axis more.

This could be due to the coh2 community loving axis more. (which i can tell from these forums is probably true.

When coh2 launched axis %'s were not as high as you see them now.

You cant deny that balance has something to do with this.

that is for all the players denying that axis have the largest playerbase
4 Sep 2014, 01:05 AM

Queenratchet, when was the last time you've seen Axis dominate competitive play? The answer is, that has been a long time ago. ;) If you take a look at the recent events/tourneys, Allies is very much the way to go if you plan on winning...Ostheer especially has taken a serious hit and is more or less boxed into 2-3 viable commanders, all of which revolve around the Tiger.
I play more Axis than I play Allies, yet I am generally higher ranked with the Allied factions. Its true that this appears counterintuitive, but the remarkable thing is that in this case faction preference seems not to or only marginally correlate with success rates at the higher levels of the ladder.
4 Sep 2014, 01:14 AM

This is why its important to stay in school, kids.

Otherwise if someone throws a situational and subjective percentage at you, youll be played for a fool.

Context and all the factors involved in collating that % are extremely important in critically appreciating its validity and accuracy.

Otherwise you end up like the hapless idiots whonfor examply recently thought a study showed that watching lots of TV makes you fat, when infact they completely disregarded the context that its lack of excercise and a poor diet that makes them fat, not the act of watching TV.

Dont be "that guy".
4 Sep 2014, 01:23 AM

Permanently Banned
Queenratchet, when was the last time you've seen Axis dominate competitive play? The answer is, that has been a long time ago. ;) If you take a look at the recent events/tourneys, Allies is very much the way to go if you plan on winning...Ostheer especially has taken a serious hit and is more or less boxed into 2-3 viable commanders, all of which revolve around the Tiger.
I play more Axis than I play Allies, yet I am generally higher ranked with the Allied factions. Its true that this appears counterintuitive, but the remarkable thing is that in this case faction preference seems not to or only marginally correlate with success rates at the higher levels of the ladder.

Still doesn't change the fact. that the vast majority of player prefer axis.
4 Sep 2014, 01:38 AM

Meh guys, tone it down. You know what they say about fighting on the internet - not that I've never been guilty of that.
4 Sep 2014, 03:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

:NOT AGAIN.jpeg:

1v1: so "few" people that numbers go to either faction
2v2: "german/european" time, Axis tend to have a higher % American prime time, number tend to be a bit more equal
3v3+: axis axis axis...

Whoever plays this game and it´s not a forum warrior knows this due to experience.
Does this means that theres a huge player difference? Nope. But it's clear that theres a PREFERENCE.
Does balance have something to do with it? Not neccesarily.

Theres a difference between asking for BUFFs and making a faction more appealing to use.

4 Sep 2014, 03:24 AM

Permanently Banned
:NOT AGAIN.jpeg:

1v1: so "few" people that numbers go to either faction
2v2: "german/european" time, Axis tend to have a higher % American prime time, number tend to be a bit more equal
3v3+: axis axis axis...

Whoever plays this game and it´s not a forum warrior knows this due to experience.
Does this means that theres a huge player difference? Nope. But it's clear that theres a PREFERENCE.
Does balance have something to do with it? Not neccesarily.

Theres a difference between asking for BUFFs and making a faction more appealing to use.

Thats. a good point actually
4 Sep 2014, 03:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Meh guys, tone it down. You know what they say about fighting on the internet - not that I've never been guilty of that.

you mean like this?
9 Sep 2014, 18:15 PM

Maybe the 9.9-patch will increase the interest for allies?
9 Sep 2014, 18:16 PM

Maybe the 9.9-patch will increase the interest for allies?

no it looks like Axis will still be preferred
9 Sep 2014, 19:33 PM

Answer to OP,

This patch.
9 Sep 2014, 19:35 PM

Answer to OP,

This patch.

Is a great leap forward on the road to permanent 100% searching as axis.
9 Sep 2014, 19:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Allies seem to be really powerful now. Still I don't want to join this spammy playstyle so I play axis.
9 Sep 2014, 22:07 PM

Heres what they should do. Make conscripts harder easier to hit and Nerf the T34/76. Then make riflemen worse and buff the majority of Axis units.....

Ahhh relic.

Oh and dont forget to not nerf the call in meta and instead make it more appealing. Because the call in meta isnt boring.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS