13 Aug 2014, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 17:21 PMmorten1
Will we have to pay extra for campaign

are you for real?
7 of 16 Relic postsRelic 13 Aug 2014, 17:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 17:21 PMmorten1
Will we have to pay extra for campaign

Yes - it's an entirely new campaign, and is stand-alone. There are a total of 18 new player scenarios. It is a substantial single player update.
13 Aug 2014, 18:10 PM
Patrion 14

Well, it wasn't what I expected (still holding breath for Jagdpanther yo) but I'm excited about this. 18 new missions, yes please.

Also, can I just extend my gratitude to Cynthia for being here and holding Sibs hand (me jelly), it's been a while since we saw a Relic dev here :D

Safe to say we don't know enough yet to form a solid opinion but nobody ever took sufficient knowledge as a reason to not state their opinion, rite :snfCHVGame:
#mildlyhyped
13 Aug 2014, 18:31 PM

Ardennes Assault has been in the works for a while - just because it is being announced now does not mean we are just starting to work on it.

Different teams work on different things - just because one thing is being developed (Ardennes Assault) does not mean that other things are not also being worked on :)

In terms of development time for things - well. There are a lot of moving pieces and factors that players don't realize/see that go on behind the scenes. We're committed to refining war spoils, but no it isn't going to be an easy quick fix. They're working on it, and we will run another Alpha to further test out what they decide to implement in order to gather further feedback from our community. When we have more information to share with you guys, we will definitely do so!

Thanks for the kind answer. I do know that this must be on WIP for some time right now AND that you guys for sure wanted to give us some intel about what's ready, still, i'm kinda sad for the lack of love for MP, but again i'm waiting friday to see what else you guys have on your sleeves !

Thanks again
8 of 16 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 01:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Well, it wasn't what I expected (still holding breath for Jagdpanther yo) but I'm excited about this. 18 new missions, yes please.

Also, can I just extend my gratitude to Cynthia for being here and holding Sibs hand (me jelly), it's been a while since we saw a Relic dev here :D

Safe to say we don't know enough yet to form a solid opinion but nobody ever took sufficient knowledge as a reason to not state their opinion, rite :snfCHVGame:
#mildlyhyped

We could all hold hands for a moment, if that sounds good?

We realize that opinions will differ on the announcement, for sure. There are some that only care about multi-player, and some that only care about single-player. This is a huge part of why we split the two releases instead of one giant release like we did with CoH2. And with the recent WFA release, it was definitely time for single player content. We're still committed to multi-player, don't worry! I realize it's easy for me to sit here and say 'don't worry' - but we ARE committed to our multi-player fanbase, we very much realize the importance of it.

PS Noun has been about as well, he posted just a few days ago! It can be tricky to be present everywhere at once - there are several forums and social channels to look after. I need like... six more arms and three more computers for those six extra arms to work on. Octo-Cyn the Associate Community Manager has a nice ring to it, eh? I really enjoy popping in here though, you guys are passionate and sometimes have a good sense of humor. Which is always nice to interact with!

Very glad to see some people are getting excited for this. Honestly - I'm very excited for it. We can't reveal a lot yet, but will start to share more over the next few months. And there are some very interesting things about this campaign. :ph34r::banana:
9 of 16 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 01:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Update: we just posted a YouTube video that has interview footage from the Gamescom floor, and some Ardennes Assault footage.

Ch-ch-check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYU9LAeCv7o&feature=youtu.be

14 Aug 2014, 02:15 AM

Oh look, they want more money...
14 Aug 2014, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 02:15 AMTaucer

those bastards! how dare they work for money!
10 of 16 Relic postsRelic 14 Aug 2014, 03:06 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Our Gamescom Day 1 blog post is also up!

You can read it here: http://bit.ly/RelicGCD1
14 Aug 2014, 09:11 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Thanks for the updates Cynthia, you are doing a great job as CM (and since you said you are still Associate CM, I can definitely say you deserve a promotion :P )
14 Aug 2014, 09:17 AM

Its a game company, not a charity organization for poverty players....
14 Aug 2014, 12:54 PM

Welcome to the real world, where people work for money and not your sympathy.
:welcome:
14 Aug 2014, 21:53 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for the updates Cynthia, you are doing a great job as CM (and since you said you are still Associate CM, I can definitely say you deserve a promotion :P )

Amen to that.
14 Aug 2014, 22:01 PM

Wow! The Mod's deleted my comment. Can I dare to ask what for? Are there any parameters or rules Mod's follow here or is it just whatever the Mod's want to hear goes otherwise bad luck?
11 of 16 Relic postsRelic 15 Aug 2014, 01:27 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The Day 2 Gamescom Report is now up: http://bit.ly/RelicGCD2

Don't forget that there is another Twitch stream tomorrow:

Friday 15th August: 3pm CET / 2pm BST / 6am PDT / 9am EST

I'm going to make a few sacrifices to the Gamescom gods tonight, so hopefully there will be no technical issues this time around! And again - those are not up to us. We're at the mercy of Twitch.
15 Aug 2014, 01:38 AM
Patrion 14

Mind the goats, that's for the RNG god exclusively !
12 of 16 Relic postsRelic 15 Aug 2014, 01:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Mind the goats, that's for the RNG god exclusively !

I could never sacrifice a goat. Have you SEEN that goats laughing as humans video? God damn that's adorable stuff right there. Good for any bad day!

Anyways. I feel like Gamescom gods would want some sort of video game related sacrifice. I'll sort something out. It should be a good stream!

And same as before - if anyone is AT Gamescom, you can watch the stream live if you're at the Twitch booth during the announcement!
15 Aug 2014, 09:00 AM

Hi Cynthia,

1)Any rough info on whenabouts we can expect next balance patch?

2) There was at one time a sort of "1patch per month" kind of principle.
Has that schedule been changed?
15 Aug 2014, 09:22 AM

I hope today will be something new and surprising, not just more information about Ardennes Assault.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS