There you go, "fuck yeah America" campaign confirmed :rolleyes:
13 Aug 2014, 15:19 PM

Day 1:

New campaign Company of Heroes: Ardennes Assault
Modding Support
13 Aug 2014, 15:20 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

If Mod support wil come before 2099 I will upload a pic of me jerking to a pic of Noun...
13 Aug 2014, 15:22 PM

Overall.

13 Aug 2014, 15:32 PM

No joke? Mod support is coming? That would be the greatest news since launch
13 Aug 2014, 15:42 PM

Mod support was actually available before, it just got shut down due to vulnerabilities X_X

I don't mind the SP campaign and I would play it but I am very disappointed and embarrassed to be a COH2 player / streamer right now. All we saw in the 20 minute clip was the guys talking about regurgitated phrases like "games as a service", "metrics" and all the history reading Relic did followed by the WFA's announcement trailer. That's it.

Someone please hold my hand and tell me everything's going to be alright -_-
13 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM

Mod support was actually available before, it just got shut down due to vulnerabilities X_X

I don't mind the SP campaign and I would play it but I am very disappointed and embarrassed to be a COH2 player / streamer right now. All we saw in the 20 minute clip was the guys talking about regurgitated phrases like "games as a service", "metrics" and all the history reading Relic did followed by the WFA's announcement trailer. That's it.

It's gonna be ok, Sib... :snfPeter:
5 of 16 Relic postsRelic 13 Aug 2014, 16:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

<offers hand> It's dangerous to go alone.

Twitch experienced technical difficulties with our stream unfortunately. The beauty of live broadcasting...

We only had a 15 minute slot but we are working to get something up hopefully by EOD for you guys. We've got a short clip of gameplay footage to share! I know that the twitch stream felt a bit anti-climactic, but the Ardennes Assault release is going to be really, really cool. It's a stand alone single player campaign, and it's different from previous campaigns not just in content but also in unique game play aspects. There's a bit more information on our blog post here:

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/08/13/relic-entertainment-announces-company-of-heroes-2-ardennes-assault/
13 Aug 2014, 16:30 PM

I think the point is that we're glad that you guys are working on single player stuff, that's great for a slice of people that plays your game.

But the fact is that a game like CoH Survive on Multiplayer and so far is really, really hard to love this game.

War Spoils are an issue, balance is an issue (i know it's not easy to balance a game like that, but, still you could just release smaller tweak patches even once a day if you wanted ! You did this for a period with DoW 2 Retribution), bugs are an issue.

So i think that we're just a bit disappointed that it was focused only on SP, but again, we still have Friday.
13 Aug 2014, 16:35 PM

In terms of multiplayer content, I wasn't expecting much. WFA only just got released which was a massive update for multiplayer, what more could they really have for us at this early stage?

I was expecting mainly single player content or maybe something like a new match type or some kind of change to matchmaking or something at most.
13 Aug 2014, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 16:30 PMTher0
I think the point is that we're glad that you guys are working on single player stuff, that's great for a slice of people that plays your game.

But the fact is that a game like CoH Survive on Multiplayer and so far is really, really hard to love this game.

War Spoils are an issue, balance is an issue (i know it's not easy to balance a game like that, but, still you could just release smaller tweak patches even once a day if you wanted ! You did this for a period with DoW 2 Retribution), bugs are an issue.

So i think that we're just a bit disappointed that it was focused only on SP, but again, we still have Friday.

War spoils solutions are being worked on, it just wasn't going to be talked about at gamescom. Why does nobody understand this?

The reason balance updates aren't released every day is because it would make replays useless. Everytime an update is put out you can't watch replays from the previous version.
13 Aug 2014, 16:53 PM

I guess always DoW2 has the possibility to see replays even from different version, i wonder why they didn't implement that in Coh2.

Anyway i do understand that it's WIP the whole War Spoils stuff, but again, they could give us something... I'm not a programmer so take this as it is, but in terms of times and develepment it can't be harder to fix that than making a whole new 3 campaigns..

More so, the replay thing could be implemented aswell, that would make replays way more usefull and durable and epic games won't be usefull after few weeks.
13 Aug 2014, 16:55 PM

SOunds cool! I like it!

However, what about the epic Eastern front? Have we all forgotten about that? While I am excited for some new content I would like to see some added content to our already existing Eastern Front.

I also hope development on this doesnt slow down other fixes we need (Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine for one), and other additions the community has been craving (OBSERVER MODE PLEASE). Lets hope Relic can deliver, this is their big chance!

Why was everyone so upset at the twitch broadcast? Jeez be happy, what the hell was everyone expecting?
13 Aug 2014, 17:11 PM

SOunds cool! I like it!

However, what about the epic Eastern front? Have we all forgotten about that? While I am excited for some new content I would like to see some added content to our already existing Eastern Front.

+1

Yeah, I was expecting singleplayer content too, and even though I wont buy it, and havent played the old Singleplayer at all,
it sounds like a quite good Singleplayer.

+ i like the businessmodel, so that we could get the multiplayer stuff for a fair price without Singleplayer.

And it is only logical that Relic wants to appeal to a new market and not the existing players if they get 15 minutes gamescom coverage from Twitch with 8000 viewers.

Looking forward to it, i hope that the dynamic part plays out nicely so there is the possibility of replay value. I'm also happy with the increased number of streams from the devs as well, yeah there might not be a patch very week like some would enjoy but for me just hearing what the guys at relic have been up to and confirming issues or informing us of current changes being tested (such as war spoils upgrades)is great.

Hopefully one day there might be some German campaigns to fill the gaps there. :)
13 Aug 2014, 17:16 PM

relic should do battle of kursk too!!
13 Aug 2014, 17:17 PM

i hope for a couple new wehr commanders at least, another one with tiger/smoke combo would be nice, considering tiger is the only good wehr armor atm. im disappointed that their efforts went into single player, i would really like to see multiplayer balanced and the bugs worked out, there are alot of issues atm with bugs/freezes.
6 of 16 Relic postsRelic 13 Aug 2014, 17:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 16:53 PMTher0
I guess always DoW2 has the possibility to see replays even from different version, i wonder why they didn't implement that in Coh2.

Anyway i do understand that it's WIP the whole War Spoils stuff, but again, they could give us something... I'm not a programmer so take this as it is, but in terms of times and develepment it can't be harder to fix that than making a whole new 3 campaigns..

More so, the replay thing could be implemented aswell, that would make replays way more usefull and durable and epic games won't be usefull after few weeks.

Ardennes Assault has been in the works for a while - just because it is being announced now does not mean we are just starting to work on it.

Different teams work on different things - just because one thing is being developed (Ardennes Assault) does not mean that other things are not also being worked on :)

In terms of development time for things - well. There are a lot of moving pieces and factors that players don't realize/see that go on behind the scenes. We're committed to refining war spoils, but no it isn't going to be an easy quick fix. They're working on it, and we will run another Alpha to further test out what they decide to implement in order to gather further feedback from our community. When we have more information to share with you guys, we will definitely do so!
13 Aug 2014, 17:21 PM

Will we have to pay extra for campaign
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 779
Russian Federation 32
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias