Login

russian armor

The rifleman in jeep

30 Jul 2014, 07:13 AM

Anyone having issues with this..i'm increasingly facing this and its quite difficult to handle especially if its combo with maxim or m3spam.The rifleman in the jeep..often the first BAR rifle in jeep basically outflanks the mg that is key for me to keep the rifles at bay..the rifle within it especially if it has a bar does very good damage.Its also often forcing my grens out of position trying to faust it when the rest of rifles charge in and i'm in a bad position,or the elad gren squad gets focus fired and retreat or wipe.The negating of the mg 42 is my main issue.Any ideas.Unlike the m3 flamer which has to come close bar jeep can kite well and very strongly.The minute it goes outside the mgs arc and starts this my grens are vulnerable.
30 Jul 2014, 08:39 AM

Never encountered this yet. But here is my ideas:

- ok, I think they use it like the soviet scout car so the treatment must be similar. As ostheer, I believe I would not build anything but grenadiers in the first stage and then I would rush it to upguned Scout Car. Flankable units like mgs or mortars are not desirable in this situation. OR - most americans don't upgrade to frag grenades, so maybe if you garrison a building with your mg will be safer for it. That goes in the grens' case also.
- as OKW volks - many of them - plus schrecks. Plus 1-2 pios. Rachetenwerfer has an incredible long aiming time so I wouldn't count on it to much.

That's just theory, I repeat, never met this strategy yet.
30 Jul 2014, 08:43 AM

Just use the same tactics you would to kill an M3. The US won't have a flamer in it so you can use buildings and I believe the truck is slower the the M3 as well, but I might be wrong.
30 Jul 2014, 09:12 AM

If this does not often occur you have yet to experience the torture of Riflemen in Jeeps. Basically if there's an American with Jeep Commander you gonna need 2-3 grens to take one out unless you have early AT.
30 Jul 2014, 09:15 AM

Never encountered this yet. But here is my ideas:

- ok, I think they use it like the soviet scout car so the treatment must be similar. As ostheer, I believe I would not build anything but grenadiers in the first stage and then I would rush it to upguned Scout Car. Flankable units like mgs or mortars are not desirable in this situation. OR - most americans don't upgrade to frag grenades, so maybe if you garrison a building with your mg will be safer for it. That goes in the grens' case also.
- as OKW volks - many of them - plus schrecks. Plus 1-2 pios. Rachetenwerfer has an incredible long aiming time so I wouldn't count on it to much.

That's just theory, I repeat, never met this strategy yet.

The difference between M3 and Jeep is that you need a building to get an M3 then you have to wait for an M3 to build. The USF can get a jeep at 0 CP with no wait. Get 1 or 2 rifles then a jeep. If you have no OKW mate then you're in for a hell of a beating. You will probably survive it due to your preservation but its best to fast tech to an AT Gun as wehr.
30 Jul 2014, 09:21 AM

If you watch all ItzDusty a streamer alot when he plays American you get to see an exclusive jeep spam trolling. He made a good example that can be shown off.
30 Jul 2014, 09:42 AM

Use fausts as Wehr and use raketenwerfers/shreks/sturm pioneers in cover to destroy the jeep.
The first engagement with the jeep you'll probably have to insta retreat. Once youve gathered your
forces, try to lure the jeep into a trap using damaged squads and quickly focus fire and kill it.

If you can survive the early game against jeeps you'll have a fairly easy time in the mid and late game since the mechanized doctrine doesn't offer too much.
30 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM

Lure it over a shu mine.
30 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM
Patrion 14

Keep your units together - the thing will kill any lone squad with ease. Your best bet is to keep your guys together and play defense until you have enough of a force to push out and focus the car down or get a vehicle to kill it.

Sturmpios are Grenadier Pfaust are you're only early game "counters" to it, but only if they have support with them.
30 Jul 2014, 10:57 AM

The difference between M3 and Jeep is that you need a building to get an M3 then you have to wait for an M3 to build. The USF can get a jeep at 0 CP with no wait. Get 1 or 2 rifles then a jeep. If you have no OKW mate then you're in for a hell of a beating. You will probably survive it due to your preservation but its best to fast tech to an AT Gun as wehr.

Even with that, dodge TRUCK arrives a bit later then M3.
US needs to acumulate 20 fuel to get it, soviets only 5.
30 Jul 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof

That will let you some time to gather a small gren blob kept together of course. I wouldn't use any kind of flankable units, though.
30 Jul 2014, 13:46 PM

that strategie cost you over 500MP and 20fuel, not counting the BARs. And if it flanks your MG (spam or not) it's the point of it. You can't just have an uncontested wall of MGs moving forward for an easy win. If he pulls out a jeep (which is really slow and does punny damage) he has less rifleman to cover map. Add to that to upgrade free faust and you can cheap shot his 20fuel without any second taughts.
30 Jul 2014, 14:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 10:57 AMKatitof

Don´t you start with 15 fuel as Americans ? It´s still 5 fuel for both but without spending MP and fuel on T1, and waiting the construction time of the M3. AND without losing capping time at the beggining. AND stronger since Rifles > CE/Penals/Cons

If double OH: fast tech T2 for either pak40 or 222. Vs double american i would say pak40 instead of 222 cause you might face a AA HT (which renders the 222 useless). Use 3 grens 1 mg to stall the jeep.

If OH + OKW: you can invest a bit more on T1 play with more Mgs and make your partner get a rakentenwerfer

Use houses, DO NOT PUT MG42 inside houses unless you have a gren nearby and even then i wouldnt do it.

Do not go for the faust unless you have something nearby to finish it off (another faust, rak or maybe an MG). He is just going to dismount rifles, chase you, exit crew and repair.

Bars aren´t the problem since by the time it arrives it should just be like some DP Guards inside. By that time you should have plenty of counters are your disposal (Pak, mines, rak, shrecks, 222, mines).
30 Jul 2014, 15:59 PM

Thanks all.My main issue is where this happens...i gather my forces put my grens in cover with an mg 42 covering it,trying to ride out till the acar which still much teching fuel away.

If he charges head on.i have no issues.My issue is when he gathers around 2 rifles outside mg arc...then sends his rifle in jeep to flank my mg's arc but he doesn't charge..he keeps up a steady long distance fire on my grens which unfortunately kills models quite quickly due to rifles power unlike m3.The grens long range shots are very slow to dmg the jeep and my models start falling.Now if i try to charge the jeep he'll back out and my army is out of position and vulnerable to rifles.If i reposition my mg he sees it through his jeep LOS and charges in his rifles.This twin prong assault often leaves me very vulnerable.On top of this he can run down retreating squads well too.
30 Jul 2014, 16:11 PM

Forget jeep. Get m3 <captain + ass engys with zooks = profit on AT and AI.
30 Jul 2014, 16:21 PM

Play more US, less axis...you'll complain about them less and you'll learn about how the allies operate.
31 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM

Play more US, less axis...you'll complain about them less and you'll learn about how the allies operate.

This!

You're complaining about an early MG in USF hands. Play some USF games vs early German MG/Kubel and you'll find a way to counter it.

I give you a hint: Key is in flanking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Korea, Republic Of 5
Russian Federation 94
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L