Login

russian armor

OKW arty call in instantly destroys your base?

24 Jul 2014, 08:41 AM

This is definitely a problem, it should not be possible for any faction to obliterate enemy bases with a click.

I have yet to see any constructive suggestions as to changes though, what to do about it?
24 Jul 2014, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 08:41 AMAshFall
This is definitely a problem, it should not be possible for any faction to obliterate enemy bases with a click.

I have yet to see any constructive suggestions as to changes though, what to do about it?

I think it should work as the description of the ability is worded: it should drain ammunition. Right now, it uses ~200 per barrage, which is ridiculously low for the high damage output it has.

A fix to this ability would probably be a 50% nerf towards BUILDINGS ONLY, as this is the perk of the whole doctrine, having one good arty strike that makes up for the somewhat lackluster perks otherwise.

That artillery strike is perfect versus moving units though, it is avoidable, deals a lot of damage, is rather precise, i wouldn't change anything.

I think the correct answer there would be to buff buildings of both USF and OKW (giving them some kind of "artillery resistance" of maybe 40-45% artillery damage reduction), since the issue has been reported for Mechanized company as well.
24 Jul 2014, 09:18 AM

The solution is simple. Just don't let it be called into the base sector. The US armor company's artillery can't be used in base sectors for the exact same reason.
24 Jul 2014, 09:30 AM

Step5: Watch the fireworks as the repeating (why does it do that anyway?) artillery wrecks the USF base.

Scavenge arty is, as we say in the business, 'bugged to fuck'.

As far as i can tell after making good use of the commander, every time you hit a milestone in munitions that WOULD mean it does an additional round of shells, it re-calls the entire ability where you last dropped it.

Usually around multiples of 100, I find. Would be worth checking with a stats guy to see what the actual values are for this offmap to increase in shell number so I can compare in game.
24 Jul 2014, 09:33 AM

24 Jul 2014, 10:33 AM

stop blobbing your base buildings

Say that to the US :crazy:
24 Jul 2014, 10:35 AM

The solution is simple. Just don't let it be called into the base sector. The US armor company's artillery can't be used in base sectors for the exact same reason.

Discovered this the hard way when we tried to do a baserush with 240mm as cover to rain down on the defenders.

:(
25 Jul 2014, 02:27 AM

Just has this happen again on a 2 on 2,puma buzzed past my at guns and rifles, drove into our base and boom everything explodes and dies.

Was a shame as the game had a pretty good back and forth, but losing every building you have, even if your mate is still in the game is pretty much a death sentence.

It's actually kind of hilarious in a way that stuff like this happens but I remind myself it's a relic title.
25 Jul 2014, 02:31 AM

To think I used to believe the railway artillery was a base-wrecker.
This is probably going to be adjusted in the near future, along with the other particularly effective artillery truck-o-doom.
25 Jul 2014, 02:39 AM

Some maps you dont even need to send a special scout - sometimes there are buildings close to the enemy base and you can simply spawn a jager squad in it and automatically get the LoS to see the entire base - allowing you to click and watch the fireworks.

Make it unable to target enemy base sector, simple.

But i also think base buildings should gain resistances to indirect fire, specifically offmap artillery. Its way too easy to destroy base buildings with a click of a button because of new ridiculous offmaps.

The layout of the USF is kind of crap as well. Its too cluttered, and it is a huge obstacle to spawning vehicles and the like.
25 Jul 2014, 04:19 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:17 AMKatitof

You aren't really correct here.

It used to be pretty much same case with breakthrough doctrine arty.
Zeroing arty on base is beyond stupid.

Whats not correct, how the ability operates or which one was likely called in. Cause I stated in the post that zeroing arty can be called in on the HQ sector. What's the point of saying that my post isn't correct if you aren't going to verify why, so that we can all learn something?
25 Jul 2014, 04:52 AM

Scavenge arty is, as we say in the business, 'bugged to fuck'.

As far as i can tell after making good use of the commander, every time you hit a milestone in munitions that WOULD mean it does an additional round of shells, it re-calls the entire ability where you last dropped it.

Usually around multiples of 100, I find. Would be worth checking with a stats guy to see what the actual values are for this offmap to increase in shell number so I can compare in game.

It's not bugged any more AFAIK

I have used this ability quite a few times on bases with 300+ munitions and it's never completely destroyed it in one go (two probably would)

I think the main issue is just that it covers such a huge radius (the circle fits almost perfectly around the US base :D). So the solution would be to reduce the radius and reduce the time it takes for the shells to land, to compensate, because it takes too damn long and I've never hit anything with it other than base buildings
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 33
New Zealand 25
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak