Login

russian armor

OKW arty call in instantly destroys your base?

24 Jul 2014, 04:53 AM

Just played a team match where an OKW player drove a panzer into our base, then both of them used an arty call in which completely obliterated both my allies base and mine.

The game was over.

WTF is this shit?

24 Jul 2014, 04:57 AM
Patrion 15

It was likely the zeroing arty from the fortifications doctrine. You can call it down in the enemy HQ sector and as long as you have vision it will individually target your units for the duration of the ability. Keep in mind that it comes extremely late, only applies to units that are both visible and in the circle that it was called in, and costs 300 munitions. IMO its uses are pretty niche. Unless your opponent is blind, you can simply retreat out of the sector for the most expensive force retreat ever. It can be used to completely obliterate someone that mass retreats a blob though if you can maintain vision on his HQ sector.
24 Jul 2014, 05:04 AM

Mechanized Company artillery one shots OKW base trucks and it costs only 180 muni. Also, Zeroing Artillery only targets individual units - someone can have it covering your entire base, but as long as there are no units in the circle, it wont scratch a thing.
24 Jul 2014, 05:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

stop blobbing your base buildings
24 Jul 2014, 05:17 AM

It was likely the zeroing arty from the fortifications doctrine. You can call it down in the enemy HQ sector and as long as you have vision it will individually target your units for the duration of the ability. Keep in mind that it comes extremely late, only applies to units that are both visible and in the circle that it was called in, and costs 300 munitions. IMO its uses are pretty niche. Unless your opponent is blind, you can simply retreat out of the sector for the most expensive force retreat ever. It can be used to completely obliterate someone that mass retreats a blob though if you can maintain vision on his HQ sector.

You aren't really correct here.

It used to be pretty much same case with breakthrough doctrine arty.
Zeroing arty on base is beyond stupid.
24 Jul 2014, 05:35 AM

Yea it's called you rush a tank into their base, then click a button and the game is over.

If you are USA your base is instantly leveled and their is absolutely fuck all you can do about it. This is bullshit and shouldn't be able to be called in on a base sector.
24 Jul 2014, 05:35 AM

Mechanized Company artillery one shots OKW base trucks and it costs only 180 muni.

Didn't they fix that?
24 Jul 2014, 05:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 05:35 AMCrysack

Didn't they fix that?

Actually, yes, but it leaves it extremely vulnerable to everything.
24 Jul 2014, 05:42 AM

Well, if Mechanized Company artillery one shots okw base trucks and zeroing artillery destroys allied base such easily, both things must be toned down.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to offer rare doctrines on the market!! This will ruin the game.

The only thing they should have done is to eliminate the duplicates.
24 Jul 2014, 05:44 AM

Zeroing Artillery does nothing to any base unless you have your units kissing your buildings.
24 Jul 2014, 05:56 AM

Zeroing Artillery does nothing to any base unless you have your units kissing your buildings.

Uh you have no idea what the hell your talking about. It actually does completely destroy your base and you can test it on a US base anytime if you don't believe me.
24 Jul 2014, 05:58 AM

Well, if Mechanized Company artillery one shots okw base trucks and zeroing artillery destroys allied base such easily, both things must be toned down.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to offer rare doctrines on the market!! This will ruin the game.

The only thing they should have done is to eliminate the duplicates.

USF arty was toned down, it leaves trucks on 30% which can be quickly repaired with upgraded sturmpios back to full. I have yet to see anyone but me do that.
24 Jul 2014, 06:03 AM

Uh you have no idea what the hell your talking about. It actually does completely destroy your base and you can test it on a US base anytime if you don't believe me.

You complain about everything OKW. It only targets units.

I tried using it vs. Expert AI. I thought i could use it when no one was at their base. Shit happened. I wasted my 300 muni for NOTHING.

If it somehow destroyed your base, then it isnt zeroing artillery.

I HAVE the commander. Its really crap.
24 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

It is not Zeroing Arty, it is the Scavenge doctrine artillery. Without the ammunition starving, okw can easily break 800+ in the end game, and one shoot bases using this ability :)
24 Jul 2014, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 06:19 AMSlaYoU
It is not Zeroing Arty, it is the Scavenge doctrine artillery. Without the ammunition starving, okw can easily break 800+ in the end game, and one shoot bases using this ability :)

Thank you! Now you can complain. I dont know about 800 munitions, but it usually takes barely 300 to do it, and its extremely impressive.
24 Jul 2014, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 06:19 AMSlaYoU

That must be it, we played two of them and yea they had that doctrine.

The thing is it wasn't even "end game" it was fifteen minutes into the match and our bases were obliterated.
24 Jul 2014, 06:48 AM

That must be it, we played two of them and yea they had that doctrine.

The thing is it wasn't even "end game" it was fifteen minutes into the match and our bases were obliterated.

They mustve gotten CP's fast somehow. Anyways, you got unlucky. It happens.

RNG screwed me over big time before. I lost a panther to an m10. My panther missed a series of shots in a row. The m10 shot penetrating shots in a row and killed my panther. I was super pissed. But i didnt go and make a thread out of a 1/1000 chance of getting screwed over.

The rest of the commander isnt spectular at all, anyways...
24 Jul 2014, 06:51 AM

Mechanized Company artillery one shots OKW base trucks and it costs only 180 muni. Also, Zeroing Artillery only targets individual units - someone can have it covering your entire base, but as long as there are no units in the circle, it wont scratch a thing.

Mechanized Company artillery is absolutely ridiculous when both U.S. players have it and rape all your trucks once they have sight after sending a recon squad around the corner. I honestly think it needs to be looked at, or the trucks slightly buffed.
24 Jul 2014, 07:41 AM

I can definitely see a Oberkommando + Wehrmacht 2v2 combo being OP, with the Wehr player having an Air Recon + some kind of targetted arty, building caches so that the Scavenger player can reach a shitload of ammunitions (convert fuel to ammo + now 100% ammo income + Wehr caches), using air recon + whatever Wehr arty + Scavenger arty == dead base 20 mins into the game (at least any USF one, as it can't be spread like the soviet base). I just hope this will lead to some buildings reinforcements, as the Scavenger doctrine shouldn't be nerfed at all, it is balanced now (with Jaeger Infantery being a bit more costly and cheaper to reinforce).
24 Jul 2014, 08:30 AM

OKW vs USF

Step1: Pick Scavanger doctrine
Step2: Save up munition
Step3: Drive puma into enemy base
Step4: Call in arty on USA base
Step5: Watch the fireworks as the repeating (why does it do that anyway?) artillery wrecks the USF base.

Congratulations, you have just won the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★