Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Let's talk.

22 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

Ok there are too few objects and the duplicates are necessary! But why give the same faceplate in the same double drop??????? I have tons of this pointless faceplates, what value can they have??

Thanx for the comprehension :snfBarton:

22 Jul 2014, 21:06 PM

That reminds me of an offensive joke I heard about a gay magician.

Is there any official word on if 'uncommon' and/or 'rare' bulletins stack?

Thanks.
22 Jul 2014, 21:07 PM

just an option - if player gets 5 duplicates then maybe there should be an option to exchange it to something that he doesn't have, or sth like that
22 Jul 2014, 21:10 PM

Trade them kn for "points" with which you can purchase other items if you have accumulated enough. They could also give some of these "points" for winning a match/ playing well.
22 Jul 2014, 21:29 PM
Patrion 14

^ What Katitof he said.
22 Jul 2014, 21:30 PM

Noun is awesome. For real.
I like to appear and disappear in puffs of smoke.

@Noun no he is not.

@second part: you are from Vancouver as well then?
22 Jul 2014, 22:21 PM

I do think this is a good step but I still haven't had a commander drop, I went from using two factions to buying an expansion which added another two & reduced me to using one (because I read using a faction makes drops for them more likely) & after 45-50 hours I'd hate my first commander drop to be a vanilla one.

Honestly bulletins & the like can come as they please, I'm really not fussed but I'd like to be able to earn a couple more commanders for the new factions. Both Wehr & Sov had five, I can't spare loads of time but I'd unlocked them before the open beta ended.

Now its awesome we have two in the rotation this week but next week I'll probably be back to three :(

I hope that doesn't come across too negative because I'm generally happy with everything WFA & besides a random faction option (can't flip a coin anymore xD) which would just be a nice extra its ticking all the boxes for me.
22 Jul 2014, 23:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I´m sure it has been said before, if the War spoil system (including duplicates) was explained on day 1 you would have save yourselves and the community from an unnecesary rant.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 12:27 PMKatitof

People who can afford and want to, can buy them.

People who don't want to spend money will be able to get them for free via drops.

You have went full retard with this statement. And I'm not talking normal full retard, I'm talking lolcake full retard type.

Lol. Eventhough he do have a point.
WFA extra commanders should have been FREE for those who´ve already paid for the expansion. It´s like having paid DLC on your DLC or as we already had, day 0 DLC (which people relate to cutting content to sale later).
Any new commander should had then been add to the drop loot and added as an option to buy them.

Problem here is that it seem they still don´t have a CLEAR roadmap of what they CAN do. It feels like it´s constantly changing so they can´t really assure and gives us information of what they intend to do.

PD: good that you showed up with this info +1
22 Jul 2014, 23:28 PM
Donator 11

@ developers

do bulletins stack?
some do, like cost decreases, but do all?
23 Jul 2014, 08:31 AM

I believe that the anti-DLC commander whiners, some of which spend hours complaining, are mostly teenagers that want to preserve their weekly allowance dollars.

I work a full time job and spend exorbitant sums to keep my PC high end. Yet I too hate DLC commanders. My policy on DLC is that it should not be things that affect balance. Even the way we got WFA itself was something I feel uneasy about - I would have felt better if it had come with a "Western Front campaign", not just the armies. Regarding commanders, I feel like all commanders should be available from the start. From Relic's perspective, of course they want to monetize them, because that's what everybody wants. Hardly anybody would spend money to buy face plates or skin packs.

What I prefer is the old expansion model. You get a sizable chunk of all kinds of content - maps, single player campaigns, factions. Of course Relic gets more money if they sell each component individually, so that's what they do.
23 Jul 2014, 13:03 PM

Is there any information about the WFA skins ? I really really need a new KT skin ! I'm payin' in gold if necessary ! Altho' KT doesn't have to be gold plated, just not this dull khaki either please !!!
5 of 6 Relic postsRelic 24 Jul 2014, 02:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

@ developers

do bulletins stack?
some do, like cost decreases, but do all?

I'm working to get a detailed response on this, since it's not exactly a yes or no answer. I think that This isn't taken had the same question. I'll let you guys know once I know more. I'm waiting to hear back.

6 of 6 Relic postsRelic 24 Jul 2014, 02:08 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 13:03 PM$nuffy
Is there any information about the WFA skins ? I really really need a new KT skin ! I'm payin' in gold if necessary ! Altho' KT doesn't have to be gold plated, just not this dull khaki either please !!!

There is no specific time frame on releasing skins for sale, but this is not the first comment I've seen asking about it. I've let the dev team know there are requests/interest in being able to purchase those as well.
24 Jul 2014, 02:28 AM

So....I think you guys left some details out.

WFA USF and OKW commanders were released for purchase.

What the heck happened to the WFA soviet commanders?

A) Can we buy them? Yes or no
B) Can we earn them? Yes or no
24 Jul 2014, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 02:28 AMNapalm
So....I think you guys left some details out.

WFA USF and OKW commanders were released for purchase.

What the heck happened to the WFA soviet commanders?

A) Can we buy them? Yes or no
B) Can we earn them? Yes or no
She responded to this on a thread in the regular forums. Said the request was passed along to the devs.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/78199-when-new-soviet-commanders-will-be-on-sale
24 Jul 2014, 03:07 AM

That is a huge disappointment.
24 Jul 2014, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2014, 03:07 AMNapalm
That is a huge disappointment.
You're damn right it is? I was all prepared to send wave after wave of my own men to their deaths. Now I'm stuck using normal tactics like I care about my men's lives or something.
24 Jul 2014, 03:22 AM

You're damn right it is? I was all prepared to send wave after wave of my own men to their deaths. Now I'm stuck using normal tactics like I care about my men's lives or something.

How inhumane it is that i am prevented from being able to send human waves to their inevitable deaths!
24 Jul 2014, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 16:19 PMNoun

• Duplicates currently serve the purpose of letting people know they have a drop. We have a limited amount of content and if you didn't get duplicates you may go days, weeks or more without actually getting a War Spoils drop. That would be even more frustrating than the duplicate situation, since you wouldn't know if you were doing the right things or not.

As we add more content into the system there will be less duplicates. And as we said we're working to develop the system so that duplicates are useful and have value.

You mention the Alpha and I think that's a good point, especially when we're talking duplicates. Originally War Spoils many items were going to be timed items, so you'd get a Commander that would last say 3 days. The intention was that with duplicates you'd be able to recharge your items. So if you had a Commander with 5 hours left you'd use that duplicate faceplate to add an extra 12 hours.

The feedback in the Alpha was strongly against timed items for War Spoils, and we responded which left us in the current situation where there are duplicates but they (currently) do not have a point. As we improve the system they will again, and it'll be a better point than just recharging items.

• We'll let you know closer to that point.

• You were given that content. We granted all our existing users as of June 23 every piece of legacy progression system content as a goodwill measure.

• Yes.

• You were given that content.

• It may be possible for some people, it may not be possible for others. However it shouldn't be possible to do it in a month.

• No.

• You play the game (except campaign) and when you've played for X amount of time you get randomized content. What army you're playing increases the chance of that army's content dropping.

• This is meant for rewarding players for the behavior they exhibited before the War Spoils system was introduced, playing the game. If people want to spend their time trying to get around that, then that's up to them. It's much more fun to play the game, but hey, whatever.

• You never know.

Now this is really odd. What does Noun mean by "doing the right things or not" ?

CoH2's blog already told us in earlier post that Warspoil was based on time spent on matches regardless of win or lose. (and match type is irrelevant even custom game works. The only exception is campaign and ToW)

So the only right course of action is actually playing the game. So what Noun has said in the above statement makes no sense.

If there was no duplicate. And we reach the point where we got everything. We will recognize that we unlocked everything. We will not be frustrated since I believe good majority of us are not that silly to notice it.

And how would we know? Well Relic can give us list of all the bulletins, skins, face plates, and commanders. Or if Relic don't want to bother, I am pretty sure many dedicated fans would have actually unlocked everything with certainty (Play 100+ hour after your last drop and not get a single drop that might be a good sign of that you unlocked everything) and then they will give the list of what they have unlocked so other players can know it.

Or even better you can send some kind of message when player unlocks all the drops.

ex. Congratulation! You unlock everything we could offer. Now, how about enjoying the beautiful sunlight outside of your window?

So I am just wondering why would people be frustrated at not having duplicate? Could Noun please respond to my question?
24 Jul 2014, 09:56 AM

WFA = 20 Euros
WFA 6 Commanders = 18 Euros
WFA Total (till now) = 38 Euros

Just saying...

Yeh yeh, i know i dont have dobuy them all. in 2 years we will have spend over 200 Euros but waht ever.

I will shut up and let Relic take my money :-)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS