Login

russian armor

Bulletins don't actually stack!?!

20 Jul 2014, 12:18 PM

The 'common' ones do. It's harder to test the 'uncommon' or 'rare' ones due to the type of bonuses they provide. I tried testing two stacked rotation bulletins for the stug 3 and it seemed to work, but without seeing the default rotation speed it's hard to be 100% sure.
If anyone has two or more of any 'uncommon' or 'rare' bulletins that effect the cost of an ability then please stack them and test to see if the price is effected multiple times or only once.

So this all basically means that Relic need to change their official statement to something like "Duplicate 'common' bulletins do stack, but 'uncommon' and 'rare' ones [insert if they stack or not here]. Sorry for all the confusion. We do know what we're doing...honest!"

"The one thing they did do right, and all credit to them, is the Free Commanders"

20 Jul 2014, 12:28 PM

So they actually do stack? :huhsign: I'm kinda confused.
20 Jul 2014, 13:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Where anyone has been able to easily verify, they do

(Faust, Cold weather upgrade) - stuff that costs munitions and can be verified

Stuff like cooldown, accuracy and the like is a lot harder to look at

It would be entirely consistent for some to stack and others not to and nobody can really check except Relic, who as can be observed aren't able to consistently tell us if they are suppossed to stack od nor
20 Jul 2014, 13:39 PM
Donator 11

The 'common' ones do. It's harder to test the 'uncommon' or 'rare' ones due to the type of bonuses they provide.

Are you sure about ALL commons? dispatch and munidecreasebulletins seem to stack. but are you really sure about the other ones, like the accuracy increases?

this shit sucks hard :(
20 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM
Patrion 15

I just tested it out with the molotov 7% bulletin, it is listed as common, and they definitely don't stack.
20 Jul 2014, 18:15 PM

This is what +14% range looks like, which is two Molotov cocktail bulletins stacked:

20 Jul 2014, 21:45 PM

Personally I think they should make all of the Bulletins Stack if they don't already. With the War Spoils system it would make sense having duplicate Bulletins. If certain Bulletins become problematic, they could just classify them as Rare or Epic Quality and make it so that they don't stack.
20 Jul 2014, 23:55 PM

That sounds like a good idea. Being able to stack bulletins is the only thing that makes mass duplicate bulletins less insulting and actually the only useful duplicates from the entire system.

As for if Relic thought it though, i.e. balance for the possible types stacked, I seriously doubt it.
If they remove the stacks then we can add 'bulletins' to the list of worthless unwanted duplicates.
21 Jul 2014, 00:05 AM

No it's not a good idea. Are you guys crazy? 30% more exp? 15% more accuracy? Increased range?
I don't know if they stack or not but if they do than this is a glitch.

I hope. Who knows about Relic.
21 Jul 2014, 00:15 AM

It seems that 'common' ones stack. We still need someone from Relic to explain if 'uncommon' and 'rare' ones stack or not, as no one has been able to test them.

I agree it is potentially very unbalanced, but the thought of all the duplicate bulletins being worthless is too disturbing to entertain.

Hopefully Relic will drop in with a message on Monday, to let us all know exactly what the situation is...
21 Jul 2014, 00:41 AM

Doesn't relic have three community managers now? Somehow communication with the community has gotten worse not better.
21 Jul 2014, 02:09 AM
Patrion 15

This is what +14% range looks like, which is two Molotov cocktail bulletins stacked:

I did a test w/ only the single 7% and the double (supposed) 14% and they were the same, maybe my eyes deceived me, but I'd like to see a picture of the squad in the same spot with the 7% circle.

Also, your conscripts have a great sense of humor :D
21 Jul 2014, 03:00 AM

I test with the Sturmtiger 5% reload faster by putting 2 of them together.

They did stack: Reload only 50 seconds now.

A lot of Russian / US medium tanks are screaming like little girl in my 2vs2 right now lol.
21 Jul 2014, 06:42 AM

Are you sure? I have the Sturmtiger bulletin three times and also had 50 seconds reload.
21 Jul 2014, 10:21 AM

Well, I can't find any difference between those bulletins that are stacking with duplicates (like the volks schrecks cost decrease) and the other ones, except that some have "true" as their "exclusive" value in the upgrade file (volks have it set to "false").

That would suggest that most of those bulletins stack.
But I might as well be wrong, since I just briefly glanced over the files and the ability for bulletins to stack might be defined in a completely different place than which I've checked.
21 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 03:00 AMKyle
I test with the Sturmtiger 5% reload faster by putting 2 of them together.

They did stack: Reload only 50 seconds now.

A lot of Russian / US medium tanks are screaming like little girl in my 2vs2 right now lol.

Sturmtiger reload IS 50sec :P
21 Jul 2014, 11:37 AM

Permanently Banned
I really wouldnt be surprised if we now found out that no bulletin has ever had any effect and that they are just nice texts with a random bonus written to make them look more interesting :D

"Sure, sure your Grenadiers shoot 3% more accurate now. Oh you cannot notice that? Yes that is intended, because balance and stuff."
21 Jul 2014, 15:13 PM

Maybe bulletins are actually just placebos
"my tanks do more damage, look at the damage they are doing!"
"It seems to be exactly the same to me"
"SHUT UP! DON'T MAKE ME CALL IN A TANK SLIGHTLY FASTER TO USE AGAINST YOU!"

Ironically just thinking units are performing better may cause players to be more risky with them, and thus actually get more gains out of them, with or without any actual buffs.

Based on the same line of thinking I'm sure the entire war spoils system is a psychology test to see how many duplicate drops it takes to drive somebody insane - the average is around 5 faceplates or 4 victory strikes.

Hopefully Relic will leave a message on here later today to give an official announcement on if 'uncommon' and 'rare' duplicate bulletins stack.....what? Why is everyone laughing? They will...probably...maybe...!
21 Jul 2014, 17:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

How many faceplates do I get before I get to be Bane?
21 Jul 2014, 17:35 PM
Patrion 14

I just got a bulletin that lets the Jagdtiger call-in ability recharge 10% faster.

Let me repeat that.

I just got a bulletin that lets the Jagdtiger call-in ability recharge 10% faster.

Think about it for a second.

That is all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight