Login

russian armor

Bulletins don't actually stack!?!

19 Jul 2014, 22:16 PM

Found this post over in the steam community forums posted by Cynthia_RE 22 hours ago:

" I just received a further clarification on bulletins - they can be stacked, but not duplicate (the same) bulletins. If you have two different bulletins with similar abilities, they will stack however.

Some bulletins are also 'exclusive' in that if you are using that one, it is the only one you can use."

So it seems duplicates provide absolutely no benefit. Haven't seen any of these "exclusive" bulletins though.

source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/43099711972537578/#c43099721697834164
19 Jul 2014, 22:46 PM

Same duplicated bulletins never stacked, i don't get the complication
19 Jul 2014, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice to finally see an official statement, time to get the duplicate bulletins out of the loadout then!

More useless duplicates =/
19 Jul 2014, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Same duplicated bulletins never stacked, i don't get the complication

PQumsieh posted on a thread that bulletins stacked but didn´t clarified if the same bulletins would? This left to confusion.
19 Jul 2014, 23:25 PM

Wouldn't make sense if they didn't stacked given it is the ONLY item in war spoils that actually makes sense to be dropped multiple times.
19 Jul 2014, 23:40 PM

Bulletins are so worthless.

The values they affect are so trivially changed by them that they're really more of a "Feel good" boost.

Most values just round to their default fucking value anyway. Or are such a trivial boost so as not to make any difference to the mechanics of the game.

I wish you could unequip them now. you can't even remove skins now unless you empty the whole loadout. It's irritating.
20 Jul 2014, 00:21 AM

So I had the two "Defensive Rush" bulletins equipped for nothing all the time? Sad.
20 Jul 2014, 00:27 AM

Bulletins are so worthless.
Don´t know about other units, but three bulletins on a MG can actually make a big difference. Especially the vet upgrades (yes even 10%) can give you a vet MG42 in no time, which drastically boosts performance.
20 Jul 2014, 01:04 AM

I've tested this with the 'US assault engineers flamer upgrade costs 5% less' bulletin.

I use three 5% less bulletins and doing so causes the cost of the upgrade to drop from 60 to 51, which means all three bulletins are working.

So does this mean Relic meant to disable duplicate bulletins from stacking but haven't? It's a 'common' bulletin. So perhaps it's ok for 'common' ones to stack.
20 Jul 2014, 01:49 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I've tested this with the 'US assault engineers flamer upgrade costs 5% less' bulletin.

I use three 5% less bulletins and doing so causes the cost of the upgrade to drop from 60 to 51, which means all three bulletins are working.

So does this mean Relic meant to disable duplicate bulletins from stacking but haven't? It's a 'common' bulletin. So perhaps it's ok for 'common' ones to stack.

This is the biggest clusterfuck ever.
20 Jul 2014, 02:01 AM

That's pretty much what most people have been saying about war spoils since release.
Ironically they're saying it so often that there are lots of duplicates...
20 Jul 2014, 02:26 AM

Don´t know about other units, but three bulletins on a MG can actually make a big difference. Especially the vet upgrades (yes even 10%) can give you a vet MG42 in no time, which drastically boosts performance.

I will concede that the bonus XP bulletins have potential, since XP values add up and some units can be worth quite a bit of XP.

However, shit like reload time is worthless. For example, an HMG team with 10% faster reload saves 0.1 to 0.8 of a second. Whoop dee fucking doo.

20 Jul 2014, 03:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is the biggest clusterfuck ever.

I don´t know what to believe D:

I mean, on one hand we have someone from Relic stating that they don´t work. On the other hand we have someone who have tried and works...

@This isn't taken just in case, can you post a pic and check if it actually applies and it´s not just visual ? I mean, check if it deducts 51 muni.
20 Jul 2014, 04:48 AM

I have 2 (duplicate) - 5% muni cost bulletin on Ost HT flamer upgrade(originally 120 muni), with use of both, ingame HT flamer upgrade reduces to 108 muni. Stacked.
20 Jul 2014, 04:54 AM

Tested with two volksgrenadier cold immunity package cost reduction bulletins, at a 5% reduction each. Same results as "This isn't taken", it netted in a 10% reduction. 90 munitions > 81 munitions.
20 Jul 2014, 05:13 AM

Having three 5% off volks panzerschreck actually sounds somewhat useful... i guess ill try to get at least one of them....
20 Jul 2014, 05:39 AM

I don´t know what to believe D:

I mean, on one hand we have someone from Relic stating that they don´t work. On the other hand we have someone who have tried and works...

@This isn't taken just in case, can you post a pic and check if it actually applies and it´s not just visual ? I mean, check if it deducts 51 muni.

Some of them don't work and they're certainly not intended to work together, but Relic doesn't really think anything they do through properly.
20 Jul 2014, 06:10 AM

This is quite funny, and typical of relic...

"No this is not possible"
Player then finds out it is very possible in an awful lot of situations.

Priceless.
20 Jul 2014, 06:16 AM

So it seems that this particular dev is mistaken. Not that it's that crazy considering she is a community dev and might not know all that much about the technical things.

It's also possible that the information she received was about things that have yet to be implemented to the war spoil system. I'm pretty sure no one has yet to see any "exclusive" bulletins.
20 Jul 2014, 08:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

At this point the principle value I get get from War Spoils is the associated nerd rage and cumulative relic clusterfucks than anything else

The one thing they did do right, and all credit to them, is the Free Commanders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS