Login

russian armor

Raktenwerfer

14 Jul 2014, 09:40 AM

So i'm battling for some map control fighting off hordes of scripts and shocks and its approaching the 8 cp mark.

I know there will be armour coming soon, either a fat KV8 or some T34's.

I am 50 fuel short of a panther so i make 2 AT guns to stall the inevitable.

I place them staggered, facing the direction i guess the first tank will roll in. Theres infantry out in front to spot.

A lone T34 is on the horizon heading towards me, straight into my trap.

It comes closer and the first rocket is launched, it keeps coming.

The fusilers try desperately to snare it, but it strolls on past, past the AT guns, killing the poor soldiers who were trained in destroying these pieces of metal.

2 lonely AT guns are left on the field as the T34 finishes its circling.

Please give these things some love Relic!!! Maybe more damage with less scaling with vet. It's not right that a tank can come straight up to 2 of them and survive.
14 Jul 2014, 09:52 AM

It's just a side-effect of OKW and USF lacking 'snares' like the AT Grenade or Panzerfaust. While they do have them, they're very easily defeated by simply moving around. These factions are more reliant on damage output than trapping.
14 Jul 2014, 10:15 AM

Put them in to building next time also when he flanked you just retreat, don't try to rotate and fight. Also having 2 of these set them up so second one covers the first one so when he flanks you he will get shoot by the one in the back.
14 Jul 2014, 11:01 AM

You're trying to use Raketenwerfers like AT Guns. They're really not. They're Panzerschrek set up teams. Which means they wont take a medium tank either without overwhelming firepower or a snare. The best thing to usually do is get one Raketen and then one Volk squad with Schreks. I personally have no problem using it and think it's a pretty good unit.
14 Jul 2014, 11:03 AM

Yopu should have 2 shrecked volks by that time as well.

Lone AT guns are just as unreliable for all armies.
14 Jul 2014, 12:46 PM

Raketen without volks is pretty unreliable if u must use them with mines covering the flank or in building.
14 Jul 2014, 14:06 PM

This thing is perfect for covering Jadgpanzer's rear, and nobody mentions this baby vet like crazy, when it goes 3+ vet it have DPS near Pak40 level + crazy camo shot.
14 Jul 2014, 16:27 PM

Indeed these things are pretty damn good once vetted, thanks to their pen/RoF they can even crack open KV-8's and IS-2's when supported. Hell if I am playing US and I sense an Elefant/JT/KT on the field I will make it my mission to recrew as many of these things as possible just because their penetration is just so much superior to the 57mm.

Just make sure you play to their strengths, they lack constant green cover like any other AT gun so make sure you use buildings/sandbags and the retreat function if needed.
15 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM

Additional note: do not let the Soviet get their hand on these things. 6-man ATG that can relocate as quick as the Maxim wall is not fun to deal with.
15 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM
Patrion 15

The strength of the racketen lies in their vet. Keep them alive w/ that retreat button, also, buildings.
15 Jul 2014, 17:45 PM

Yea. Vet them and they become beasts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight