Login

russian armor

KV-8 40% damage nerf?

9 Jul 2014, 00:40 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This nerf should have happened ages ago. It's about time.
9 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2014, 22:28 PMKhan
Typical usage of the KV8:

1) Get KV8
2) Cause all enemyInfantry to retreat in horror
3) Overextend, meet P4
4) Save for new KV8

fixed it for you
9 Jul 2014, 00:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

P4, unless it's blocking from the rear, will not kill the KV-8 in a reasonable amount of time, especially not from the front.

If someone went KV-8, he should also have his Zis guns nearby.
9 Jul 2014, 01:11 AM

Faust/Fusilier's AT grenade, disable its engines. Make a slow tank even slower. Wheel in some Paks or Puppchens. Profit? Or use the old fashion Tank as counter strat. There's no way even an infantry blob (especially with grens) won't be able to get 1 or two faust off before a retreat. Not saying the KV-8 was overnerfed, but there are several effective counters against that unit.

Yeah, ofc slow it down by Fusilier AT nade and use raketenwerfer to fight.

DID YOU EVER TRY THIS SHIT YOU ARE TYPING?

Fusilier AT nade is stupidly slow that take 3 seconds or more, and more enough for the KV8 wiping them out, and raketenwerfer just can't penetrate KV tanks.

Even fausting a KV-8 using Ostheer Gren is a squad wiping suicide mission.
9 Jul 2014, 01:17 AM

The thing did need a nerf. I'm all for anti-blob tools, but insta-wiping flames of doom sucked when Ostheer had it, and it still sucked when Soviets had it. We'll see if 40% is too much; I'd have preferred 20-30% and a modifier against blobbed infantry if at all possible.
9 Jul 2014, 02:33 AM

The thing did need a nerf. I'm all for anti-blob tools, but insta-wiping flames of doom sucked when Ostheer had it, and it still sucked when Soviets had it. We'll see if 40% is too much; I'd have preferred 20-30% and a modifier against blobbed infantry if at all possible.

Literally everything in the game should just get bonuses against blobbed infantry.
9 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

personally i miss my telekinesis kv-8 crew that could incinerate their enemies at a single thought...
9 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

Go play OKW if you think they are so good. They are actually the most challenging army to use atm.

Ex(fuckin')actly!
9 Jul 2014, 06:23 AM

nein,my grenadiers got wiped out by a kv-8 135 fuel late game no AT capability whatsoever tank!.

Well, whatever, we will see how it does.
9 Jul 2014, 06:23 AM

KV-8 needed to be toned down. It was a no-brainer unit, you just had to walk him through enemy squads and packs with no punishment. The nerf is perfect, maybe a small price decrease should be also considered given actual performances.
9 Jul 2014, 06:28 AM

KV-8 needed to be toned down. It was a no-brainer unit, you just had to walk him through enemy squads and packs with no punishment. The nerf is perfect, maybe a small price decrease should be also considered given actual performances.
]

really? 2 paks destroyed the kv-8 really easily. KV-8 was only a nobrainer unit if your opponents armor somehow magically dissapeared, oh wait, then it's no longer a no-brainer.
9 Jul 2014, 06:37 AM

hahaha.... "no-brainer unit...".... like KT is ? or obersoldaten are ? or stuka zu fuss is? cmon...
9 Jul 2014, 06:38 AM

hahaha.... "no-brainer unit...".... like KT is ? or obersoldaten are ? or stuka zu fuss is? cmon...

panthers, tigers, pumas. o my
9 Jul 2014, 06:47 AM

Stuka isn't a no brainer unit, you spend 100 fuel on an artillery piece knowing full well you're severely setting yourself back in the AT department. If you can't take out his Stuka with your tanks, then you're either bad or were already losing.

For some perspective, the Stuka is more expensive than a T-34/76 (due to OKW's resource penalty). You should easily have more armour than he has considering he made a Stuka and not a Jagdpanzer or Panther.
9 Jul 2014, 07:25 AM

Yeah Stuka is a major fuel penalty, especially consider if he's gone Stuka he's had to go T3 and has therefore either skipped healing T2, is not going to get T4 (no obers), or worse is going all 4 which means you really really should overwhelm with tanks (1v1).

9 Jul 2014, 08:31 AM

dont worry just play OKW thats what relic wants a 99% axis 1% allies distribution

Exactly my thoughts. \0
9 Jul 2014, 08:39 AM

Stuka isn't a no brainer unit, you spend 100 fuel on an artillery piece knowing full well you're severely setting yourself back in the AT department. If you can't take out his Stuka with your tanks, then you're either bad or were already losing.

For some perspective, the Stuka is more expensive than a T-34/76 (due to OKW's resource penalty). You should easily have more armour than he has considering he made a Stuka and now a Jagdpanzer or Panther.

Stuka is antiblob no brainer unit. As it was a KV-8 before this patch. See, OKW got they blob AND good mobile antiblob. Soviets don't have blob AND don't have good mobile antiblob for now.
9 Jul 2014, 10:04 AM

Faust almost in 99% times kills a m3, will be it tonned down? I think not. It's a no-brainer ability since beta.

But why soviets always must adapts and SSwhiny always cry and get what it want from Relic? Mb couse this community is full with crying german fanboys?

I'm not saying the l2p issue here, but guys then you get the point about 80% Germans vs 20% Allies?

Because Soviet is not fun to play and play against, and USF is utterly trash for noobs.

OKW is crazily OP in noobs level, because noobs A can just win noobs B with Sturmpio only. Of c ours when they match against better player, it would be reverse.
9 Jul 2014, 10:11 AM

Faust almost in 99% times kills a m3, will be it tonned down? I think not. It's a no-brainer ability since beta.

But why soviets always must adapts and SSwhiny always cry and get what it want from Relic? Mb couse this community is full with crying german fanboys?

I'm not saying the l2p issue here, but guys then you get the point about 80% Germans vs 20% Allies?

Again, ppl like German not because they are OP, they are just cool, and amous in WW2. And they even win vs HUE 7:1 in football.
Only Russian like evil communist soviet , only Murican like evil capitalist USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★