Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
6 Jul 2014, 03:24 AM

Exactly.

Stuka is effective, but its not like OKW have other option for effective indirect fire and ISG won't cut it against well fortified frontline with armor.

They don't have affordable offmaps or buildable on map arty.
Stuka is punishing, but getting it means one puma/jpanzer less and OKW doesn't swim in fuel really.

It would be perfectly acceptable to make it more affordable if it wasn't also completely devastating.
6 Jul 2014, 03:35 AM

Only effective late game vetted US blob counter out there for OKW. MGs just get overwhelmed.

That's just because the MG 34 is the worst MG in the game.
6 Jul 2014, 03:38 AM

As a whole it's okay (it's never fun to be on the receiving end) but it's effectiveness against buildings needs to be looked at IMHO. It shouldn't be able to collapse a building with one shell and it should be made weaker to return fire...
6 Jul 2014, 03:55 AM

If u see a Walking Stuka, rush the other guy, thats a lot of fuel not going into panther and what not.
6 Jul 2014, 07:25 AM

its effective even without the creeping barrage style of barrage. remove that and its cool. the stuka just have to mirror the one in vcoh not land consecutively in the retreat path of everything.

meh rushing the stuka is just asking for a slap in the face. rush with what? t34? its well behind the lines, behind schrecks or raketenwerfer, well entrenched behind hordes of infantry and maybe the flak gun building too.

and losing the t34 in the process of such a risky move is not worth it. then its all about the waiting game, waiting for OKW to make a mistake. while waiting, the OKW merely fortifies more, get better units to roll stuff later and on top of that, non-stop barrages on weapon teams.

to add salt to the wound, the scatter is so low, the gun gets hit by so many rockets and get destroyed rather than decrewed.
6 Jul 2014, 07:38 AM

If u see a Walking Stuka, rush the other guy, thats a lot of fuel not going into panther and what not.

Team games tho.
6 Jul 2014, 08:03 AM

Let's lie and pretend majority of the team game maps aren't riddled with choke points. It's still very effective on open maps.

You realize it's not just an anti blob weapon right? It's guaranteed weapon team wipes, and has a very high chance of squad wipes, dropping it on a blob is just icing on the cake.

Sturmtiger at least has to get in rather close range, and the B4 is on a crappy doctrine and is stationary. The halftrack rolls up, unloads its silly creeping barrage in your retreat path, then scoots away to safety.

Hahahaha, I'm sure you'd complain about the Stuka, considering how you were beaten by me and my team mate on crossing in the woods. Tell me, how many Guards did you have in that blob that got Stuka'd? 4? 5? And your team mate, who had 4 Rifles and an officer blobbed and decimating everything in their way? If you're units had been spread out, you wouldn't have lost a single squad. Sorry, but cheese doesn't work sometimes. Stop calling nerfs to a unit because it effectively nullifies your idiotic spam. You don't seem to have issues with your ISU which was constantly squad wiping MY squads, with no f*cks given.

6 Jul 2014, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 08:03 AMKhan

Hahahaha, I'm sure you'd complain about the Stuka, considering how you were beaten by me and my team mate on crossing in the woods. Tell me, how many Guards did you have in that blob that got Stuka'd? 4? 5? And your team mate, who had 4 Rifles and an officer blobbed and decimating everything in their way? If you're units had been spread out, you wouldn't have lost a single squad. Sorry, but cheese doesn't work sometimes. Stop calling nerfs to a unit because it effectively nullifies your idiotic spam. You don't seem to have issues with your ISU which was constantly squad wiping MY squads, with no f*cks given.

Nicely put :)
6 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM

^^

The biggest problem in the mindset of this game's players currently is that blobbing = win. Doesn't matter whether it's a 2v2 or a 4v4 (I just play for fun these days, 1v1s are too stressful) I always see multiple people blobbing up and asking for bombing runs/ stukas/ arty/ grenades/ MGs.
It seems that to improve first and foremost some players need to actually think.
6 Jul 2014, 10:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

It's more aproblem of chokepoint style maps.
6 Jul 2014, 10:20 AM

That too, the system of woods you can't go into really irritates me. Was there a single wood in the entirety of World War II that was impenetrable to infantry?
6 Jul 2014, 11:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 08:03 AMKhan

Rofl. 1 conscript and 2 guards rifle is idiotic spam? Nice replay, why not post the one of us beating you into the ground right after?

I'm sure if the katyusha/priest weren't pieces of shit and were wiping fusilier/volks blobs all day these forums would be on fire. First in line would be the clown with the SS officer avatar.
6 Jul 2014, 11:51 AM

Rofl. 1 conscript and 2 guards rifle is idiotic spam? Nice replay, why not post the one of us beating you into the ground right after?

I'm sure if the katyusha/priest weren't pieces of shit and were wiping fusilier/volks blobs all day these forums would be on fire. First in line would be the clown with the SS officer avatar.

Dude relax, no rage, just a game.
6 Jul 2014, 11:53 AM

bro i aint even mad

they got beat later on when they couldn't land their silly stuka strike. A crutch if I've ever seen one :)
6 Jul 2014, 11:58 AM

I think the lesson to learn here is that the game isn't balanced around silly-large 3v3 and 4v4 games. In 1v1 and even 2v2, the Stuka is such an investment that it puts them way behind in tanks and allows the opponent to get armor and attack it.
6 Jul 2014, 12:46 PM

I play allies, I've faced stuka, I still think its fine and its pwerfer and Katiusha that are complete and utter shit, not stuka being op.
6 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

Stuka can be heard if you play with high sound settings ---> easly avodied if you keep your ears open.
6 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

Hey, you noticed my picture :) That's actually me playing an officer in a Russian WW2 film. You can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34GpMisM3Rs#t=817. The scene starts at 13:37 , 'cos I'm E-leet.

I disagree with "clown". A clown couldn't leave their own country and start a career in the Russian film industry. What clowns do is spend so much time playing video games that they have no life outside it, get angry when they lose and insult other players. I can see a couple of such people in this thread.

btw "why not post the one of us beating you into the ground right after" - Why don't you post it and show us how you do it without the insta-jib ISU. I'm betting you can't.
6 Jul 2014, 13:36 PM

How many of you clowns actually play Allies and have actually faced the Walking Stuka? All I'm seeing is a bunch of Axis players defending their favourite toy and a joker with an SS avatar spamming pointless bullshit.

PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak