Login

russian armor

M3 + maxim + Sniper spam 2v2 - Early game

PAGES (7)down
18 Jun 2014, 09:39 AM

Permanently Banned
If anyone has an early game counter to this. Let me suck you off. Because atm its fking ridiculously broken
18 Jun 2014, 10:38 AM

got one: l2adapt
18 Jun 2014, 10:52 AM
Donator 11

wow smart ass. that should solve his problems.
18 Jun 2014, 11:09 AM

Permanently Banned

Wow LOL. Nice suggestion.
18 Jun 2014, 11:11 AM

Permanently Banned

OK MATE
18 Jun 2014, 11:14 AM

Ok I'll take a stab at this...

The answer to M3 spam/Sniper spam is for one of ye to rush a quick T2 to get 222. If done correctly you will shut down the M3s and sniper fairly early.
The other player should get a lot of grens, maybe 1 mg and mortars too. Grens push up, mg behind and mortars following to deal with soviet support teams. If you encounter mg spam, mortar and rifle grenades will work. If he tries to rush your mortars with M3 fend him off with faust threat and mg covering both mortars. If you can use the 222 to hunt down a sniper squad before your enemy knows you have it all the better (basically the first time your enemy sees it try to catch his sniper, even on retreat you should be able to get them). Now this is generally hard to do if there are guards around so in that case you will have to play a range game using the 222 at max range to kite the guards as ptrs rifles range is less.
The player rushing tier 2 should go for minimum 3 grens so he can help out with map control and support wise I would build an mg42.

With this strat you should be able to hold onto 1/2 the map and can wait it out for T3 vehicles, the key is not to get too aggressive until you have those p4s, ostwinds etc.
18 Jun 2014, 11:27 AM

If 222 can counter this, that Soviet player should be a retarded.
18 Jun 2014, 11:35 AM

His problems won't be solved even if he was being babysit by whole mTw, Jesulin and SturmTigerGiap together.

You can't patch in lack of skill or understanding of the units if you play on a scrub level with just one faction.
18 Jun 2014, 12:57 PM

youre obviously not aware of who youre defending there...
i do agree there is a severe problem with the aforementioned strat in 2v2, but this is vetlolcake.
feel free to check his contributions to the balance discussion on coh2.org
18 Jun 2014, 13:35 PM

youre obviously not aware of who youre defending there...
i do agree there is a severe problem with the aforementioned strat in 2v2, but this is vetlolcake.
feel free to check his contributions to the balance discussion on coh2.org

... even if it's true, the man asked for help, it was not a balance discution.

In my opinion, any strategy against this combo-abusive tactic has a 50% chance to fail, but maybe you won't get unlucky.
What me and my team mate used in EARLY GAME:

Player nr 1 - A lot of grens and nothing else. If the map allows you, you will achieve some flanking with them, while M3s cannot really close in. If you cannot flank efficiently or the map doesn't allow, add a mortar. You need actively use buildings and micro your grens. If you cannot reach some buildings before he does, always engage maxims with grens from green cover - they will get supressed realy late that way. 2 gren squads in green cover concentrating fire on a maxim will make you smile. If you didn't cap an amo point, don't use amo for rifle nades. You will need it for pzfaust when the time comes.

Player nr 2 - grens, quick T2, quick SC, even 2 SCs - depends on situation. A SC in this combination can realy ruin his day if maxims are on the field because snipers + maxims need to retreat. If they don't they will be eaten eather by SC eather by grenadiers comming from behind.
Unfortunately, it's only about micro here.

Usualy in such situations guards will apear soon enough so don't be to cocky with your SC. Hopefully you managed to upgrade at list one gren squad with lmg and you will do just fine against guards. If you catch out of guard a sniper squad, follow it untill into the base if you can and kill it. A smart sov player will put mines on reteating path, so you need to be careful.

Sometimes, depending on situation, one of us or both are going mortar ht doctrines if we delt with the m3s. They are efficient agains static spam (zis spam, mortar spam, HMG spam).

Good luck.
18 Jun 2014, 14:29 PM

Good advice Heini. I am surprise :D
18 Jun 2014, 14:32 PM

Good advice Heini. I am surprise :D

Even if I am a german fanboy it doesn't mean I can't give good advices ;) :nahnah:
18 Jun 2014, 14:34 PM

If anyone has an early game counter to this. Let me suck you off. Because atm its fking ridiculously broken

Aye, well mannered request for help indeed. im sorry. terribly so
18 Jun 2014, 15:46 PM

In my opinion, any strategy against this combo-abusive tactic has a 50% chance to fail, but maybe you won't get unlucky.

Player nr 1 - A lot of grens and nothing else. If the map allows you, you will achieve some flanking with them, while M3s cannot really close in. If you cannot flank efficiently or the map doesn't allow, add a mortar. You need actively use buildings and micro your grens. If you cannot reach some buildings before he does, always engage maxims with grens from green cover - they will get supressed realy late that way. 2 gren squads in green cover concentrating fire on a maxim will make you smile. If you didn't cap an amo point, don't use amo for rifle nades. You will need it for pzfaust when the time comes.

Player nr 2 - grens, quick T2, quick SC, even 2 SCs - depends on situation. A SC in this combination can realy ruin his day if maxims are on the field because snipers + maxims need to retreat. If they don't they will be eaten eather by SC eather by grenadiers comming from behind.

Usualy in such situations guards will apear soon enough so don't be to cocky with your SC. Hopefully you managed to upgrade at list one gren squad with lmg and you will do just fine against guards. If you catch out of guard a sniper squad, follow it untill into the base if you can and kill it. A smart sov player will put mines on reteating path, so you need to be careful.

Sometimes, depending on situation, one of us or both are going mortar ht doctrines if we delt with the m3s. They are efficient agains static spam (zis spam, mortar spam, HMG spam).

Good luck.

Some very constructive feedback on a good question which, on this site, is all too infrequent these days. Thank you.
18 Jun 2014, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good luck.

After this is where you are facing Boss Stage N°2: ISU >:)

-I will just add that if you are confident, use a sniper. Constant countersniping can bleed and force the player off the map. 1 sniper is not as scary as double ones.

-Turbo mortar is also a friendly micro unit to have around. Specially on certain maps.

-Remember that everytime you force a retreat on a Guard, it´s your time to be offensive on the snipers.

@OP
Tell us their EXACT build order. It´s not the same facing a:
-T1 double sniper - M3 - ???? - Guards
-Con - T1 - M3 - Sniper - Sniper - Guards
-Con - T1 - M3 - (M3 + CE) - Sniper - Guard - (Guard + Sniper)

I generally don´t face early double sniper with M3. It´s either M3 or sniper. Double sniper can show up later nonetheless.
Against double sniper i usually gank up with my partner for either of the enemy sides. Avoid sniper or do a double pincer maneuver.
Against M3 is just a matter of patience till you get T2.
18 Jun 2014, 19:42 PM

Aye, well mannered request for help indeed. im sorry. terribly so

Learn to understand his frustration. I agree that *some* of the Soviet strategies are broken and need a serious looking at for the sake of both factions. This is one of them. But the more we help players such as VetLOLCake overcome the ridiculousness, the more they can contribute in discussions.

As for advice to the OP, couldn't have said it better than Heini. Play patient against M3s. If you can pounce on one, go all in and kill it. Panzerfaust with an MG-42 there to shred it to pieces. For snipers and Maxims, get a mortar and flank, flank, flank! Don't forget the smoke barrage. The 222 is a good counter for the snipers, but again, be patient. Force them to retreat, and know when to back off instead of chasing them through Guards for example.

I will appeal to your feelings. Yeah, the Soviets have a lot of downright bullshit strategies. But the players that use them will never be as good as the ones who don't (and still win). If you can learn to beat those noobs who explicitly use "easy-win" strategies, you'll feel pretty confident.

When I started playing Tales of Valor, it had already reached its final state of balance. With the exception of a few spam strategies, any other strategies that I thought were "broken" were actually balanced. Because I learned to be a better player, deal with it, and totally pwn them into the earth. Even got called a hacker on a couple of occasions, because to those guys? Those strategies are supposed to be unbeatable.

Now, in CoH2, see this as a challenge to better yourself. Don't drink the Hate-orade like I do.
18 Jun 2014, 20:29 PM

Does anyone know how well grenadier blob + hanging onto fuel for dear life + fuel cache would fair?
18 Jun 2014, 20:53 PM

Does anyone know how well grenadier blob + hanging onto fuel for dear life + fuel cache would fair? = (Manpower Bleed + Satchel)GG
18 Jun 2014, 21:05 PM

M3 spam is already a manpower bleed, you're not losing much more.
18 Jun 2014, 21:47 PM

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment