Login

russian armor

Game Idea.

9 Jun 2014, 20:08 PM

Hello,

There is an idea that I think might help with keeping the game "Intense" and not waiting forever for your infantry to catch up with your tanks in the middle of a battle. I realize that during World War two Armour units had to wait up anyway but here is just an idea that I thought I'd share.

I think it would be interesting if you were able to put Infantry units on tanks. You could allow space for one or maybe two infantry units. Have them sitting on the tanks and able to fire. Now to keep this from being really "Over powered" You could disable the tanks main turret until the infantry get off. If that isn't liked you could possible have a penalty for infantry who are on the tank when it does fire. Losing a bit of HP. You would also have infantry take heavy losses when the tank is hit by enemy Armour. It would be a risk/reward element. Infantry would have no cover but they would have the speed.

I think this could possible add a lot to game play, you'd be able to pull infantry in quickly with your tanks for support. This would add a lot to the blitzkrieg element, but it wouldn't just be for German factions; Russia and the up coming American forces could also use this to their advantage with mobility. In the war infantry sat on tanks all the time for rest and to get to the battle/location quicker. Then when it was time they would jump off in a hurry to let the tank engage a target freely.

Thank you for taking the time to read my idea, if you have any comments or ideas yourself feel free to share.

Thanks,

SS Panzer Division
9 Jun 2014, 20:36 PM

M3?
M5?
251?
250?

There are plenty of options for you to use to get troops on the frontline quicker.
9 Jun 2014, 20:51 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Ridin dirty on tanks? Hell yeah!
9 Jun 2014, 20:59 PM

Nice idea, but infantry should not be allowed to shoot while riding on tanks
9 Jun 2014, 21:12 PM

Nice idea, but infantry should not be allowed to shoot while riding on tanks

Well that could always be the case with it then. Could also just not allow the tank or infantry to fire until they are off.
9 Jun 2014, 21:13 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Got to agree on that one...
9 Jun 2014, 21:14 PM

Infantry on Tanks should be allowed to shoot, but receive negative cover. Also the tank cannot fire while carrying riders, but if attack move'd the riders will dismount automatically and the tank will engage normally.
9 Jun 2014, 21:15 PM

Need a tl;dr version.
9 Jun 2014, 21:15 PM

I agree could be great
[twitch=eliw00d]chapter_id=3067935[/twitch]
9 Jun 2014, 21:16 PM

M3?
M5?
251?
250?

There are plenty of options for you to use to get troops on the frontline quicker.

Yes but it could save some time and you could put the population cap to other units instead of building 2-3 half-tracks. It wouldn't be a have to use thing. it would be an option.
9 Jun 2014, 21:21 PM

Infantry on Tanks should be allowed to shoot, but receive negative cover. Also the tank cannot fire while carrying riders, but if attack move'd the riders will dismount automatically and the tank will engage normally.

This is also a good way of dealing with it.
9 Jun 2014, 21:44 PM

Permanently Banned

Agree. +1
9 Jun 2014, 22:33 PM

Could be a nice idea. +1 for neg cover and turret disable
9 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

Well i think they are going to do that
check the trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/company-of-heroes-2-the-western-fronts-pre-order-t/2300-6418725/

time: 00:25
the Sherman is carrying troops
9 Jun 2014, 22:57 PM

While the idea has historical accuracy and aesthetic value, it's redundant and adds very little to gameplay dynamics. Half-tracks already fill the role of transporting infantry to the frontlines, in addition to providing reinforcements in the field and anti-infantry capabilities.
10 Jun 2014, 01:11 AM

You rarely see people using halftracks/m3s for transport and are way too fragile. They only carry 1/2 slots too, so extra transport means would be nice. If good shots (eg AT, or small arms) are targeted to the riding inf, they would lose 1-2 men and then dismount.

I think tank riding would add depth to the game. Would give armies a mech feeling.
10 Jun 2014, 02:40 AM

Good idea! +1
10 Jun 2014, 18:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, why not? Just make it have some tradeoffs.

-Units inside, or "ontop", should get a redcover or receive damage modifier increased.

-Maingun should be disabled or have a reduce arc of fire.

-Unit should not be able to shoot. Even with a accuracy penalty on the move or not. I dont want flamers on top of P4/T34s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★