Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
30 May 2014, 05:26 AM
Donator 22

^

I suspect that the Panther will be a teching perk like Panzer Elite. I suspect that sturmtiger, jagdtiger, and KT are doctrinal call-ins

:oops:
30 May 2014, 05:26 AM

But... when you do reinforce them, they arent as expensive as hell to reinforce like vCoH, right? Rather cheaper reinforcing than being able to reinforce anywhere. Also, the m20. It only has a machine gunner, so does it act as an APC?
30 May 2014, 05:28 AM

Can somebody sum up the OKW 'vision'?
30 May 2014, 05:34 AM

Sturmtiger is non doctrinal and jagdtiger and KT are doctrinal units.
But hey the elefant was a t4 unit and non doctrinal as well on beta so lets see....

Unlike the elefant, the sturmtiger is much more counterable and is an even larger burden as it fires very occasionaly. Also, is there a limit on how many sturmtigers you can field?
30 May 2014, 05:37 AM

Can somebody sum up the OKW 'vision'?

OberKommando West

Not the army it once was at its peak, but it still dangerous. The OberKommando should portray the character of the German army around the time of the Battle of the Bulge – technologically sophisticated and hardened – but challenged by its reliance on heavy weapons.

• They fought on ground favoring the defenders, but still smashed 60 miles into the Allied lines.
• Formations were reconstituted from Normandy and Ostfront divisions; they were battle hardened and newly equipped. Elite new units like the -redacted- are fearsome infantry squads and automatic weapons are featured on many squads.
• Heavy armor was utilized extensively, but challenged by fuel. Resources are hard come by, and many units are heavy, powerful, and expensive.
• Support was a significant issue – sustaining an attack was a challenge, and German forces had to forage, steal, capture supplies they needed.
• This was an army dependent on striking deep and holding the shoulders of the salient they’ve seized. The OKW can create a bulwark of captured territory by utilizing their base buildings.
• Air support was nearly non-existent, but AA support was plentiful. As a result, reconnaissance duties fall to technological advances like Infrared Projectors to spot enemy units.

Army Features

IR Halftrack
Scans an area to detect Heat signature in the FOW.

Super Tanks
Access to some of the biggest and baddest armor to ever do combat during WW2

I cut out the part about the units we can't talk about and how the economy works, but the overall point is that they will lack resources and will have to scavange to help themselves out. Which is what will balance them since they have such good weapons.
30 May 2014, 05:42 AM

Sturmtiger is non doctrinal and jagdtiger and KT are doctrinal units.
But hey the elefant was a t4 unit and non doctrinal as well on beta so lets see....
You might want to delete this. Talking about the tech trees are a no no. And the Jagdtiger isn't on the list. Plus it's also wrong.
30 May 2014, 05:44 AM

Unlike the elefant, the sturmtiger is much more counterable and is an even larger burden as it fires very occasionaly. Also, is there a limit on how many sturmtigers you can field?
No limits on any of the tanks, but there is a good reason you won't see too many of them.
30 May 2014, 05:46 AM

Here's one. Can you break the resource system like CoH1 USA + Brit? Like can you park a OKW Resource Truck on a Fuel Point with an Opel Blitz to get stupidly high fuel income?

I actually hope not, but I'm curious.
30 May 2014, 05:49 AM

Here's one. Can you break the resource system like CoH1 USA + Brit? Like can you park a OKW Resource Truck on a Fuel Point with an Opel Blitz to get stupidly high fuel income?

I actually hope not, but I'm curious.

Please ensure you don't talk about:

- Resource systems
- Tech trees
- War Spoils
- Any bugs or technical issues
- Any balance issues related to either factions or specific units
- War Spoils (Loot system)
- Custom games

Sorry buddy. That's a no no.
30 May 2014, 05:50 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot you couldn't talk about resource trucks yet. Sorry!
30 May 2014, 05:50 AM

M20 - how does it function? Its on the list, and is lightly armed. What role does it fit?
30 May 2014, 05:55 AM

M20 - how does it function? Its on the list, and is lightly armed. What role does it fit?

Ah yes the M20. almost forgot.
-The M20 is basically a greyhound without the turret, just a browning LMG up top.
-Can upgrade it's armor with sideskirts for increased durability.
-Crew comes armed with a bazooka.
-Can lay AT mines
-Vet lets it pop smoke on itself to escape.

As far as it's role it is a bit like the 221, but it has a bunch of stuff that lets it be useful in a variety of situations.
30 May 2014, 06:01 AM

Ah yes the M20. almost forgot.
-The M20 is basically a greyhound without the turret, just a browning LMG up top.
-Can upgrade it's armor with sideskirts for increased durability.
-Crew comes armed with a bazooka.
-Can lay AT mines
-Vet lets it pop smoke on itself to escape.

As far as it's role it is a bit like the 221, but it has a bunch of stuff that lets it be useful in a variety of situations.

Rather flexible, and good for assault. Something interesting - all vehicles have manpower upkeep, right? When an American tank crew leaves its tank, does the overall manpower upkeep change to that of the squad? In other words, if i am starved for manpower and i have a small company of tanks, can i simply abandon all the vehicles for a while to get a small boost in manpower income? Having control over abandoning vehicles is a powerful tool.

Got ahead of myself there, it will be a feature i will find out over time.
30 May 2014, 06:02 AM

Rather flexible, and good for assault. Something interesting - all vehicles have manpower upkeep, right? When an American tank crew leaves its tank, does the overall manpower upkeep change to that of the squad? In other words, if i am starved for manpower and i have a small company of tanks, can i simply abandon all the vehicles for a while to get a small boost in manpower income? Having control over abandoning vehicles is a powerful tool.
Sorry, I don't think I can answer this one. It's a bit too specific.
30 May 2014, 06:25 AM

Also something you might have missed in the american statement. All infantry can upgrade weapons from their shack when it's purchased. Not just the riflemen.

Also the M4s have gyro stabilizers and can fire accurately even on the move.
30 May 2014, 06:37 AM

Do the weapon racks have infinite supply? If someone keeps losing their units will every infantry squad on the map end up having a BAR, for example? (If they are droppable.)

Are there more alpha invite waves?
30 May 2014, 06:48 AM

Do the weapon racks have infinite supply? If someone keeps losing their units will every infantry squad on the map end up having a BAR, for example? (If they are droppable.)

Are there more alpha invite waves?

You don't run out of guns, but you have to purchase each one you take even after getting the upgrade. So they are far from free.

I see new people on the alpha forum all the time, so they must still be letting people in.
30 May 2014, 06:54 AM
Patrion 14

30 May 2014, 06:56 AM

So... that said, after the global upgrade, i can spend some munitions to upgrade my engis, riflemen, and paratroopers with bazookas. I know that the bazookas are weaker than panzerschrecks ofc, but do they have better AI? In vCoH, they actually had a blast radius and blew infantry up. Also, on shermans, i see from the pictures that you can have both 75 and 76 mm shermans on the field. Are they two seperate units, or is it a global upgrade/personal upgrade?
30 May 2014, 07:04 AM

The bazookas functionally work similar to panzerschrecks so expect their AI to be alike, but I'm really not that attuned with the specifics stats, nor can I really talk about them.

As for the sherman, all I can say is that the normal one does not have an upgun upgrade.
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS