Login

russian armor

Lets talk Pgrens.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
27 May 2014, 17:39 PM
Developer Relic Badge

My main problem with PGs is how hard they bleed the Germans of manpower. Sure they do great damage, but being unarmoured, you really cannot expect them not to take casualties in the course of battle unless you get the ultimate flank since they perform well at mid-short, the area where Soviet infantry can actually hit things.
27 May 2014, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 15:11 PMNeo
Stop comparing Pgrens with Shocks. Every time you do, a part of your brain atrophies.

Strange, I only get this feeling when I'm reading your posts.
27 May 2014, 19:15 PM
Patrion 27

Similar to Assault Grens I usually call in PG's much later than I unlock them. Mid/late game when you've lost a gren or two or want to try and steal your opponents fuel sector I feel like they're worth calling in.
29 May 2014, 00:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Bad luck for Pgrens, they get SGT44, but with fake bullets....
29 May 2014, 00:43 AM

If Panzergrenadiers aren't made better, they should at least reduce the cost. Maybe to 300 from 340? Per-man, that would still be the most expensive infantry in the game, and the most expensive to reinforce.
29 May 2014, 04:09 AM

Read this thread, stopped using pzgren, buyed G43 and a Pak, won 4 games in a row.

This is this the only thing I can really agree with in this thread. With Elite Troops, you can get G43 grens with stun nades that can almost completely fulfill the current role of PGrens for a fraction of the cost. Obviously this is more munition heavy, but I think the pay off for much less mp, and easier vet makes G43 grens almost always the better option.

Shrek PGrens are great though. They are vulnerable, but they can absolutely demolish armor, and they still have bundle nade and decent normal dps.
29 May 2014, 04:16 AM

In the current meta Pgrens with shreks are more of a liability then an asset. Lots of snipers, KV&ISU and RNG in general means the potential for losing them is too great, and god help you if you drop a schreck. I don't think their AT potential is all that great to begin with. You will rarely see a good player lose a tank to them unless he commits to a rush on an opposing pak line. Their strength IMO is more in deterrance, and I find them too expensive for that.
29 May 2014, 05:21 AM

they can be made cheaper with a cheaper reinforce cost. thats about it.
29 May 2014, 05:34 AM

Since the latest patch, Pgrens are considerably more fragile, and require the same cover micro as any other unit in the game. As with conscripts, grens, and penals, cover is supreme. Think of Pgrens like Penal troops with a potential for AT. With good support and shielding from Grens and a Halftrack, a Schrecked up Pgren squad can stay on the field longer than a tank.
29 May 2014, 05:38 AM
Donator 11

When I go Mobile Defense I use them to deter oorah AT-nade from my 234 or if I have a vetted 222 that I don't want to lose that easily.
29 May 2014, 05:39 AM

Since the latest patch, Pgrens are considerably more fragile, and require the same cover micro as any other unit in the game. As with conscripts, grens, and penals, cover is supreme. Think of Pgrens like Penal troops with a potential for AT. With good support and shielding from Grens and a Halftrack, a Schrecked up Pgren squad can stay on the field longer than a tank.
As stated before, the need for Pgrens is situational. If the enemy has invested heavily in AT guns, Pgrens will be much more survivable than a tank. If the Soviets have a lot of tanks, then you may be better off spending your MP on AT guns. HOWEVER, Pgrens eat SU76s, SU85s, and Katyushas for breakfast. One flank can totally ruin the day of any turretless tank destroyer or light vehicle.
29 May 2014, 06:04 AM

If PG get Vampir unlock in T4, it won't be useless even with this stat. :)
29 May 2014, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 00:03 AMBravus
Bad luck for Pgrens, they get SGT44, but with fake bullets....

At least their bullets do not disappear 50cm after leaving the barrel of the gun *cough*PPSH*cough*
29 May 2014, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 09:05 AMKatitof

At least their bullets do not disappear 50cm after leaving the barrel of the gun *cough*PPSH*cough*

Now this was a good one :snfPeter:
29 May 2014, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 09:05 AMKatitof

what they have guns? i was so sure they were swordsmen.
29 May 2014, 16:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Hahaha but no only for this guys, others have ghost bullets too...

Or the soldiers are drunk, like the drivers of the tanks sometimes...

No license for tanks, no license for weapons, etc. wtf!
29 May 2014, 19:40 PM

I would like to see a small boost to Pgren survivability. Right now conscripts can pick them off from long range or when they are closing the distance.
29 May 2014, 20:24 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 19:40 PMS73v0
I would like to see a small boost to Pgren survivability. Right now conscripts can pick them off from long range.

That's intended. Pgrens handily win at close range and mid range vs conscripts. Lose at long range.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2014, 19:40 PMS73v0
when they are closing the distance

just like with shocks you have to use shot blockers or move from cover to cover to get in. You can't lol charge anymore like in previous patches. StG44s also have the best medium range (15) damage output and you only need to get to that range to start putting the hurt on squads.

The only "buff" I would give to pgrens is a cost reduction in build time and reinforcement.
29 May 2014, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
SGT44 are good for long range in real life right?

Is a assault rifle, is a great ultimate weapon, look the ak47, in this days are still good...

I think the SGT44 in the game is joke!
29 May 2014, 21:27 PM

That's intended. Pgrens handily win at close range and mid range vs conscripts. Lose at long range.

just like with shocks you have to use shot blockers or move from cover to cover to get in. You can't lol charge anymore like in previous patches. StG44s also have the best medium range (15) damage output and you only need to get to that range to start putting the hurt on squads.

The only "buff" I would give to pgrens is a cost reduction in build time and reinforcement.

Well considering how much later PGs come, how much they cost vs conscripts that you get off the bat, and how losing 1 man in a PG squad = 25% less firepower, a slight armour increase is justified I think.

My only gripe with panzergrens atm is how frequently you have to send them back to heal and reinforce. Considering how expensive they are they should have more field presence than they do currently instead of having to resort to guerilla ambush tactics. Even in a straight on fight that the PG wins may still require you to send them back to base because of how much damage they took.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS