Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
24 Apr 2014, 10:17 AM

Yeah these Patch notes don't give me very much confidence that balance is going to be improved much. Relic has a hard time making small conservative tweaks that work let alone huge sweeping changes.... I'm very worried and even more so by the once again wtf changes that don't make sense and weren't asked for by anyone... Pg's, Stug, su-76. Oh and lets not forget about the grip of undocumented changes and bugs that are almost sure to included.
Neo
24 Apr 2014, 10:21 AM

It's going to be a whole new game so it's extremely hard to deduce how balanced the game will be. Let's wait and see.
24 Apr 2014, 10:27 AM

Yeah I am really looking forward to tomorrow's new patch! Good job Relic, almost cried after reading the awesome patchnotes!!! Can't wait see german fanboys like SSHeini or 5thSSIwasThereWhen2ndWWwasFought thing :) Remember: Adapt your playstyle! Use cover!

Post adressed to soviet fanboy whiner:
My objective and argumented posts marked pretty bad your soviet fanboy attitude huh? I see you remember my nickname. Good.

Post adressed to everyone else:
Any comment now has no value before several games with both factions after this patch. Which I hope to achieve untill the end of next weekend. After this "exercise" I will choose the most "brains + skill needed in order to play" faction and play mostly with that one.
Honestly, I hope that my conclusion will be that both factions deserve the same love.
24 Apr 2014, 10:30 AM

A lot of people seem to say so, but why? I'm not questioning it, I just can't read it from the changes:

Armor from 105 to 110
Rear armor from 52.5 to 55
Penetration from 35 to 40
Cooldown from 0.6 to 0.5-0.7
Distance scatter max from 2.15 to 2.9
Manpower from 320 to 280
Fuel from 115 to 100

Just because it costs less fuel, and fast Ostwin can do a lot of damage before the counter. + Pak 40 has better accuracy and faster fire rate, giving Ostwin protection from single T34/76.

Its just a feeling, no one knows how these changes will actually work in the game
24 Apr 2014, 10:52 AM

I like the idea of this patch but I think that Soviets are going to have a distinct lack of useful AT if they go T3. The raise in penetration is matched by a change in P4 armor, and ram being nerfed will make T34 all but worthless against heavy armor. I get the idea with the penetration at range changes, but I don't think the T34 is really that much faster than the P4 to say that it will be able to flank on a reliable basis, let alone a panther.
I just don't see how T34s are supposed to counter anything heavier than a P4 without ram, when now they cost as much as an Ostwind.
But we'll see I guess. Who knows.

I don't know.
T-34/76 will be a heavy hitter now with relatively small penetration to match its gun characteristic. For me it looks like a pack of T-34/76 can be a real threat now. Having few of them shooting at the same target will make penetration gamble less of a risk while still delivering devastating payload. I only assume acceleration changes will make easier for T-34 to flank the enemy.
24 Apr 2014, 10:55 AM

actually, T-34/76 is going to now be ALOT faster than the PZ IV, meaning that if it gets the first shot off, and shoots at the rear, it will win. (For example T-34 approaches from rear while PZ IV gun is facing the other side)

Arty is actually going to be slightly better because its no longer something you barrage the base, it's something you use to bombard a point or something. It's pretty good. The soviet howitzer was particuraly useless before because it had such a long reload time it was ridiciluos.

T-34/76 actually has a decent 27% percent chance to deflect a panzer IV shot.

The reduced armor of tigers rear means that even 2 t-34/76s can pose a threat to it if they attack from rear. (Previously 1 t-34/76 took like 10 minutes to kill a tiger).

Like i said, T-34/76 is going to be ALOT faster than the PZ iv, where as now, t-34 is faster... Slightly.

The first thing i am going to do in the patch is go
1. Gaurd rifle combined arms
2. 4 cons upgrade 2 with ppsh
3. Gaurds
4. T-34 spam
5.Howi
24 Apr 2014, 10:59 AM

I don't know.
T-34/76 will be a heavy hitter now with relatively small penetration to match its gun characteristic. For me it looks like a pack of T-34/76 can be a real threat now. Having few of them shooting at the same target will make penetration gamble less of a risk while still delivering devastating payload. I only assume acceleration changes will make easier for T-34 to flank the enemy.

Pack of t34/76's was threat in any patch. It's getting there that was the problem
24 Apr 2014, 11:06 AM

Pack of t34/76's was threat in any patch. It's getting there that was the problem

Not really. Single Panther was able to take on multiple T-34/76 without any problem. Been there, done that.
24 Apr 2014, 11:19 AM

Not really. Single Panther was able to take on multiple T-34/76 without any problem. Been there, done that.

Hmm, it was able to take on multiple, but let's not say without a problem.
Panthers didn't always win against a pack of 76's.
24 Apr 2014, 11:23 AM

Only because of a ram.
Without ram tiger didn't had much problems scrapping 4 of them at the same time.
24 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM

Hmm, it was able to take on multiple, but let's not say without a problem.
Panthers didn't always win against a pack of 76's.

If you knew how to position yourself and wasn't ambushed by your opponent then yes. Without a problem.
24 Apr 2014, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 11:23 AMKatitof

Only because of a ram.
Without ram tiger didn't had much problems scrapping 4 of them at the same time.

TIGER GRUPPE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHTUNG!
24 Apr 2014, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 02:10 AMpigsoup

cool. then we are in agreement that you cried about unit stats that only existed in your head.

erm...yes yes..whatever you say, human, whatever..

Ontopic: PaK43 fourth man is also great news, even if it is +1 man more to the crew, it adds a lot of survivability...hopefully it wont get wiped as easy as it was before the patch.
Also, why the nerf to the howitzers? OMG
24 Apr 2014, 12:27 PM

Nice logical changes. i'm please !
Not let see how it feel on the battlefield !
24 Apr 2014, 12:51 PM

this patch actually look like german tanks buff and a little balance for soviet anti infantry
with penetration like that panther will kill every soviet tank
24 Apr 2014, 12:56 PM

this patch actually look like german tanks buff and a little balance for soviet anti infantry

Because it had such a hard time against anything other then IS-2 up until now, right...?
24 Apr 2014, 13:01 PM

Looks like some1 cant read patchnotes because this patch is a huge buff for Soviets and nerf for Geri
24 Apr 2014, 13:11 PM
Donator 33

Hold-fire on tank destroyers and the pak43 is a really nice touch-up, maybe they'll add it for anti-tank guns soon?

Both ZIZ and PAK 40 have Hold fire on camo

24 Apr 2014, 13:18 PM

You read the patch notes for ISU-152?
24 Apr 2014, 13:48 PM

I am surprised that they didn't really buff the conscripts. The armor got a lot of deep buffs, though. I like how they finally increased the usefulness of the T-34 (both types) relative to the SU-85. Now the SU-85 will be less used for sure.

The Panther and Tiger got deep buffs to their penetration but also a price increase.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 34
South Africa 1
Germany 598
Peru 5
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W