Login

russian armor

Make conscripts and grenadiers more equal

23 Apr 2014, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 12:02 PMKatitof

Which is simulated by 4 men squads vs 6 men squads.

Next argument please.

Katitof pls...
23 Apr 2014, 13:04 PM

Katitof pls...

Ok, I see that a thick layer of bias is blocking your common sense a bit, so let me explain:

cons cost 240
grens cost 240

It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE* but still needs to be reflected.
How to do it then?
By model basis. Single grenadier is stronger then single conscript model, to the point where you need MORE conscripts models to stand up to LESS grenadier models.

AKA con squads have more men then gren squads.
AKA you need more cons to have the same(but still lesser in this patch) impact on the battlefield.

I really hope you are not a man of religion thou, because they don't seem to believe facts that go against their beliefs, no matter of how well presented, logical and evidenced they are to them.

23 Apr 2014, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 13:04 PMKatitof

Ok, I see that a thick layer of bias is blocking your common sense a bit, so let me explain:

cons cost 240
grens cost 240

It is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE* but still needs to be reflected.
How to do it then?
By model basis. Single grenadier is stronger then single conscript model, to the point where you need MORE conscripts models to stand up to LESS grenadier models.

AKA con squads have more men then gren squads.
AKA you need more cons to have the same(but still lesser in this patch) impact on the battlefield.

I really hope you are not a man of religion thou, because they don't seem to believe facts that go against their beliefs, no matter of how well presented, logical and evidenced they are to them.

Stop waving those arabic numbers in my christian face, pls.
23 Apr 2014, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 12:02 PMKatitof

Which is simulated by 4 men squads vs 6 men squads.

Next argument please.

Katitof may lack those things we call dem Social Skills but it doesn't make him any less correct on this point.

German Ubermensch are better thats why soviets need 50% more men in a squad to deal with them. They should be balanced.

Everybody that theorycrafts likes to say "Well just make them cheaper" but those same people forget that there is this thing called a Map. On this map units can only occupy a certain amount of space. More units means less opportunities to use them together.

I have seen this with T34/76s time and time again. Yes they are cheaper and against a P4 that kind of worked until you got in situations where it just wasnt possible to move them both and have them fight together.

The easiest answer was and always has been make them equal. The only asymmetry these units really require is 6 men vs 4.
23 Apr 2014, 14:19 PM

Making them cheaper doesn't help them scale at all anyway. If cons cost 200mp they would have a few seconds of advantage over grens coming out earlier, but long term that equates to approximately 2 free reinforces and then we're right back to where we are today.
23 Apr 2014, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 14:19 PMShazz
Making them cheaper doesn't help them scale at all anyway. If cons cost 200mp they would have a few seconds of advantage over grens coming out earlier, but long term that equates to approximately 2 free reinforces and then we're right back to where we are today.

Well...they'd also cost 17 instead of 20 to reinforce then, but I do agree it would solve almost nothing about how conscripts are pointless against grens with weapon upgrades.
23 Apr 2014, 15:10 PM

Whatever the results we may see tomorrow evening when the patch goes live, I really hope they've either nerfed the damage output on the LMG42's and G43's or made them significantly more expensive.
Also, gren squads should not be able to have them both equipped at the same time, but that's just my humble opinion of course.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★