Login

russian armor

Make conscripts and grenadiers more equal

22 Apr 2014, 04:49 AM

In a way, I sort of like the price reduction but I don't think that's a great solution. Their damage profile needs to be radically changed. At medium range, their dps significantly drops. That needs to be fixed.

The reason being is that they made conscripts to do damage at close range and while it seems great in theory. It just poorly fails in action. Terminator Pioneers beat conscripts at close range. Most of the engagements between Grens and Scripts start off at long to mid range. So running to cover to cover towards grens just makes you lose extra men and by the time you get close enough to use their full dps at close range, they're screwed already since they lost their extra men.

Why would I get conscripts when I can spend 30 more manpower for a penal squad, which performs significantly better at close range. It's just making conscripts an useless unit. They need their damage profiles fixed, make them great at medium range. We already got Penals and Shocks for close damage.

People are advocating for grens and scripts to be 100 percent equal when it comes to engagements but that would make things bad as well. It would make battles win through RNG instead of using the units correctly. Coh1 had it right where volks needed to stay at long range to win or use the motorcycle if they were in a close range situation to beat riflemen. If it were judged by RNG, well the game would be boring, and a lot of people would rage.

TLDR: Price change isn't good enough, if they want to stay relevant as a unit, they need their Medium range DPS adjusted to compete against grens and remain 240mp.
22 Apr 2014, 05:48 AM

just look at rifles and volks. the balance was perfect. id love the same for coh2.

as you said, just look at rifle and volks.
Rifle has an upkeep reduction cost with upgrade.
22 Apr 2014, 06:45 AM

cons should be 200 mp

and oorah should be 5 munis, like it was. and it was perfect. and no one complained it was too cheap, relic just changed it for the lulz
22 Apr 2014, 07:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 06:45 AMbuckers

and oorah should be 5 munis, like it was. and it was perfect. and no one complained it was too cheap, relic just changed it for the lulz

no, it wasn't fine.
You could spam oorah, even only to reach a strat point faster, with absolutely no combat evolved.
Now you have to use it wisely.
22 Apr 2014, 08:50 AM
Donator 33

they should Buff conscripts and ostruppen, since they are the weakest units in the game now, but the difference between conscripts and penals is a problem, if they both do massive damage up close

22 Apr 2014, 10:58 AM

Since the hotfix, I have not seen a single Pioneer squad beat a Conscript squad with both in no cover. (This usually happens in the first minutes of the games, while capping territories). If they are 2 Pios squads, and close range, yes, you will lose.
22 Apr 2014, 11:05 AM
Patrion 310

Since the hotfix, I have not seen a single Pioneer squad beat a Conscript squad with both in no cover. (This usually happens in the first minutes of the games, while capping territories). If they are 2 Pios squads, and close range, yes, you will lose.

I have seen this happen, if cons close in on pios for instance, being in red cover and the pios in no, yellow or green cover.
22 Apr 2014, 11:22 AM

Was there some hotfix this night?
Because if not, then pios still beat cons unless cons are not moving, behind cover and at far range.
22 Apr 2014, 11:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 11:22 AMKatitof

Was there some hotfix this night?
Because if not, then pios still beat cons unless cons are not moving, behind cover and at far range.

it may be a L2P issue on your end. :P MVGame

serously though this is my friend RNGEEZUS, RNGEEZUS this is Kaitof. :D

those weren't serious you say?
22 Apr 2014, 11:34 AM

guys, penals are like rilemen (they even cost the same).
Use penals like riflemen
Cons are basically not vcoh riflemen, they are simply cheap troops.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that concripts in the description are described as cheap troops,effective when fighting in cover, yet they cost the same as the "elite and experienced grenadiers"...
Conscripts should be like they are now, however, they should only cost 200mp.
22 Apr 2014, 11:34 AM

Yeah, cons just don't deal enough DPS so pios can close in safely. And at point blank pios just annihilate cons. And cons are very weak so they take a lot of damage as well.
22 Apr 2014, 11:51 AM

They just don't scale well into late-game like grens, only when you get ppshs. Otherwise the grens will rape your cons with their G-43s, Lmgs.
22 Apr 2014, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 11:34 AMBurts
guys, penals are like rilemen (they even cost the same).
Use penals like riflemen
Cons are basically not vcoh riflemen, they are simply cheap troops.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that concripts in the description are described as cheap troops,effective when fighting in cover, yet they cost the same as the "elite and experienced grenadiers"...
Conscripts should be like they are now, however, they should only cost 200mp.

There is a flaw in your way of thinking.

Penals might be like rifles, but grens are nothing like volks, they are much stronger and cheaper.
22 Apr 2014, 12:19 PM

A cost reduction to Conscripts sounds interesting. I´m definitely for that.
Phy
22 Apr 2014, 14:07 PM

no cost reduction pls . i dont want the sov core infantry to become a cheap, crap and gimmicky unit. just look at rifles and volks. the balance was perfect. id love the same for coh2.

Totally agreed. Basic units with diferent roles, not ones better and other cheaper.
22 Apr 2014, 18:15 PM
Patrion 14

i think price reduction might be interesting. but i don't like how conscripts do not scale well and have to spend 250mp and 50 fuel to be at least half-competitive throughout the game. i like how molotov and at grenades are expensive enough to be not no-brainer but without those upgrades, cons are only useful for sandbags and as stalling units which isn't satisfactory for 240mp.
22 Apr 2014, 22:40 PM

Then make Conscript 4 Men squad -_-
22 Apr 2014, 23:26 PM

Then make Conscript 4 Men squad -_-

And then reduce every single german AI weapon to compensate for that?
I don't know, but buffing cons seems more, you know, logical and sane.
23 Apr 2014, 11:56 AM

no cost reduction pls . i dont want the sov core infantry to become a cheap, crap and gimmicky unit. just look at rifles and volks. the balance was perfect. id love the same for coh2.

But the thing is...conscripts are supposed to be of less quality than grens. They are supposed to excel in numbers.
23 Apr 2014, 12:02 PM

But the thing is...conscripts are supposed to be of less quality than grens. They are supposed to excel in numbers.

Which is simulated by 4 men squads vs 6 men squads.

Next argument please.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS