Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
14 Apr 2014, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 17:35 PMNapalm
I predict that balancing is going to be going like this for the next TWO patch cycles.

I feel like soviets always have a few unbeatable tactics (m3 sniper clown car, ppsh spam, etc) or German units just trump soviet units 75% of the time. In order words, playing Germans any way does not usually have a downside while only super microed unfair soviet tactics win, and several units are too trash to use them in any other way.

So yeah, what you predict, soviets either abuse the same unbeatable strategy every game, or german units roll over soviet units on an everyday, nearly every game basis.
14 Apr 2014, 17:54 PM

The game is going on the right direction. It still have issues but thanks to steam platform we can receive updates more often.
Don't you remember Coh1 and how pesky was to upgrade it?

The balance team just finalized a 14 page document for the upcoming update. The typical update is 3-5 pages, last update was 8. Let's be honest Napalm, if we just adjusted small arms then Soviets might be even for the first 10 minutes but they will still struggle in the mid to late game.

The more pages doesnt mean better. The more you change the more has a risk of going wrong. Small moderate changes in weekly patches is way better.

lol, I'm fed up with hearing this.
If each patch brought coh2 forward, the game should be awesome now.
Is it ?

It's so awesome that they decide to change everything, one year after release.

By introducing changes of that magnitute, it is quite normal that some further patches are required to balance details then. One can ask why these large patches are necessary. I think the answer is that Relic neither had the resources nor the time to implement all that stuff due to the THQ insolvency. The good thing about all these big changes is, that players can be sure that Relic really is going to support COH2 for the next years as they are telling. A company wouldn't invest that many resources into a game that they don't want to continue.
Neo
14 Apr 2014, 18:07 PM

lol, I'm fed up with hearing this.
If each patch brought coh2 forward, the game should be awesome now.
Is it ?

It's so awesome that they decide to change everything, one year after release.

I think the direction of all the patches has been exactly right but sometimes the balance that resulted from them has not been good, i.e. last patch.

You can see the game becoming more tactical though and that can only be a good thing.
14 Apr 2014, 18:09 PM

Yea, I agree with Neo here. The new direction is fantastic. It's just getting over all the road bumps to get there.
14 Apr 2014, 18:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

By introducing changes of that magnitute, it is quite normal that some further patches are required to balance details then. One can ask why these large patches are necessary. I think the answer is that Relic neither had the resources nor the time to implement all that stuff due to the THQ insolvency. The good thing about all these big changes is, that players can be sure that Relic really is going to support COH2 for the next years as they are telling. A company wouldn't invest that many resources into a game that they don't want to continue.

+1 :)
14 Apr 2014, 18:31 PM

I'm not saying the patch was bad guys. Well, good for the game, shit for soviets, but next patch will probably solve it.
But it comes too late. People ask for this since alpha.
You guys will also applaude when Relic will give you an observer mode when it should have been here since day 1.
I stopped forgiving everything to Relic since DOW2 ended, you didn't.
14 Apr 2014, 18:32 PM

When can we expect the patch?! :D
14 Apr 2014, 18:35 PM

I'm not saying the patch was bad guys. Well, good for the game, shit for soviets, but next patch will probably solve it.
But it comes too late. People ask for this since alpha.
You guys will also applaude when Relic will give you an observer mode when it should have been here since day 1.
I stopped forgiving everything to Relic since DOW2 ended, you didn't.

Why do you think Relic has not implemented all that stuff already? Relic doesn't deny that observer mode is a nice feature.
14 Apr 2014, 18:37 PM

I hope they change Hit The Dirt. With the piss poor range on SMGs, the piss poor long range DPS of mosins, and the german rifle nukes grenades, it's the worst commander ability in the game.
14 Apr 2014, 18:46 PM

I hope they change Hit The Dirt. With the piss poor range on SMGs, the piss poor long range DPS of mosins, and the german rifle nukes grenades, it's the worst commander ability in the game.

Small accuracy bonus maybe? About %10?
14 Apr 2014, 18:50 PM
Patrion 310

I feel more and more that, although pio output damage is high and late-game revolves around some supertanks, it isnt that bad atm. but im prolly the idiot around here. i wish the game worst bug..crashing on hd4xxx serie, was fixed and i wouldnt crash 1/2.
14 Apr 2014, 19:04 PM
Patrion 310

I am really looking forward to this patch... fingers crossed. I really like Coh2. Please hurry... :).
14 Apr 2014, 19:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i predict alot of whining and crying. Just like all the other patches. :)
14 Apr 2014, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 19:09 PMWiFiDi
i predict alot of whining and crying. Just like all the other patches. :)

I estimate about 75% of cry and whine threads and 25% happy threads(this is the proportion of german to soviets right?).
14 Apr 2014, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2014, 19:09 PMWiFiDi
i predict alot of whining and crying. :)

14 Apr 2014, 19:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Even if the patch was flawless, we would complain on other issues. I mean, we can always go back to Elite Troops, double sniper, RNG 120mm death from above mortar, KV8, squad wipe potential, commander overlapping, map imbalance, blabalbla...
14 Apr 2014, 19:34 PM
Patrion 310

O yeah fine. I just want the patch for now... :).
15 Apr 2014, 04:44 AM

Is nerf for RNGGod included in this patch?

He's really getting on my nerves.

PAGES (12)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight