Login

russian armor

Next patch predictions

PAGES (12)down
9 Apr 2014, 05:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 04:54 AMTNrg

If this also applies to AT guns they might become pretty useless. They already miss quite a bit of shots at near max range, and if they receive less penetration at long ranges chances are that they don't penetrate even if they manage to hit.

It should be reasonable to expect different AT weapons receiving different penetration modifiers at different ranges. AT guns could retain high penetration throughout while T34s could get more falloff further away and ramp up faster when closing the distance, for example.
9 Apr 2014, 08:57 AM
Patrion 27

I see Pios being far too powerful for what they're meant to be, right now. They can roll Engi squads and they'll go toe-toe with a slightly weakened Conscript squad, and if they lose that fight the Conscripts will be so weakened they'll be forced to retreat anyways.

As a predominantly soviet player I don't think Pios are too strong now. While I would like to see an alternate munitions upgrade for Combat Engineers like adding an SVT or even a fifth squad member, they can build much better mines than Pios and the real kicker: Demolition Charge.
9 Apr 2014, 10:57 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 03:42 AMwongtp

not exactly, i think all artillery pieces should have some sort of resistance on bombing runs, kill the crew and leave the gun intact. its pretty horrible to see 600mp and god knows how long they need to build that thing, gets insta wiped by a recon and bombing run.

its fine for 240 munition imo. You see most of the time, the howitzer next to your HQ. There is almost no real other counter.
9 Apr 2014, 11:06 AM

its fine for 240 munition imo. You see most of the time, the howitzer next to your HQ. There is almost no real other counter.

manpower losses hurt alot harder than 240munitions, especially at late game. considering its aa sure hit, unless someone flinches and misclick, its 240 munition well spent.
9 Apr 2014, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 11:06 AMwongtp

manpower losses hurt alot harder than 240munitions, especially at late game. considering its aa sure hit, unless someone flinches and misclick, its 240 munition well spent.
I agree. I don't like the fact that a unit called in with a lot manpower can be 100% countered by a muni ability. Perhaps if they added a bit of scatter to it so you could atleast pray to the RNG god to save you.
9 Apr 2014, 12:56 PM

I agree. I don't like the fact that a unit called in with a lot manpower can be 100% countered by a muni ability. Perhaps if they added a bit of scatter to it so you could atleast pray to the RNG god to save you.

nah i rather not, good unit placement and spread should negate artillery strikes.

if its too close to hq, nerf its massive range. im talking fixed artillery emplacements for both factions
9 Apr 2014, 14:05 PM

Except that its impossible to negate a Stuka strike...
9 Apr 2014, 16:16 PM

Buffing the AT on ISU-152 and IS-2 is the absolute wrong thing to do, they are Commander specific. Soviets need good dependable non-Commander specific AT to deal with the good dependable Tanks that Germans get on the base faction and not on specific Commanders.

if only soviets could have some sort of non doctrinal tank destroyer. it could have longer range than any non doctrinal tank, a very high rate of fire, and penetration equal to that of an elefant, while also being cheap and spammable. if only.
9 Apr 2014, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 16:16 PMwooof

if only soviets could have some sort of non doctrinal tank destroyer. it could have longer range than any non doctrinal tank, a very high rate of fire, and penetration equal to that of an elefant, while also being cheap and spammable. if only.

I'd love to see none 3v3 or 4v4 game where soviet player can afford ISU and any kind of tier armor.
Single ISU and single SU-85 is what? 515 fuel? How many panzers will be on field by that time? 4?
9 Apr 2014, 17:05 PM

515-(45+55+60+30)=325/145=~2

So no more than two panthers, assuming Ost does not build any structures or vehicles, more likely 1 with fuel floating for second. Not really sure how you are doing costs though since you seem to only include the cost of the vehicle for the Soviet commander.

Otherwise 515/145=3.5

But I think you should really be comparing the total fuel cost, since that is more informative about when things arise.
9 Apr 2014, 17:23 PM

I'm including teching costs and talking about P4s, not panthers.
9 Apr 2014, 19:07 PM

ok lets kick out the whole German squad and there will be only soviet in this game! then u cant say there's OP

fucking retarded
9 Apr 2014, 19:49 PM

This post is total shit
9 Apr 2014, 20:01 PM
Patrion 310

ok lets kick out the whole German squad and there will be only soviet in this game! then u cant say there's OP

fucking retarded

The bias is strong in this one

/Vader
9 Apr 2014, 20:08 PM

P4? Those craps that get 2-3 shot by the ISU152?
10 Apr 2014, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Apr 2014, 16:16 PMwooof

Letting this aside, I remember being a little astonished when a patch from last year buffed the T34 damage from 80 to 120. At that moment I thought it would have been better to increase a little its armor penetration capability, while buffing less the damage. That way, T34 would be today a more balanced tank, I guess.
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 10 Apr 2014, 19:11 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Letting this aside, I remember being a little astonished when a patch from last year buffed the T34 damage from 80 to 120. At that moment I thought it would have been better to increase a little its armor penetration capability, while buffing less the damage. That way, T34 would be today a more balanced tank, I guess.

How would you feel if the T34 damage went to 160 then?

Good thread, always fun to read speculation as it gives some insights into what some of the players want.

edit: I just wanted to comment on one last thing. We agree with the sentiment that the Soviet core army needs to be effective against all opposing units on its own. Counters should not be exclusive to doctrines that is.
10 Apr 2014, 19:17 PM

edit: I just wanted to comment on one last thing. We agree with the sentiment that the Soviet core army needs to be effective against all opposing units on its own. Counters should not be exclusive to doctrines that is.

Ground floor. This is awesome news.
10 Apr 2014, 19:20 PM

It'd be better at 9,000. Seriously though, I'm afraid of over lap between the T34-76 and the call in T34-85. I'd ask Relic to keep the units some what different and not clone each other in stats.
10 Apr 2014, 19:32 PM

Good thread, always fun to read speculation as it gives some insights into what some of the players want.

Dat teasing.
I will pray to RNG god for patch to come asap.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS