Login

russian armor

Somthing very strange,,, COH2 Beta footage

17 Mar 2014, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

A lot of animations, sound effects, small graphic effects have been removed. If you just put all the details at max and play the campaign or a TOW mission, followed by a MP match, you would easily see the difference...

Just like what happens in all games around. SP looks prettier, but you need performance for MP.
17 Mar 2014, 01:08 AM
Donator 11

No thats because screenshots are always heavily photoshopped :P
And taking out stuff is not optimizing.

Removing fancy effects for more framerate is not optimizing then what is it? Sometimes they improve the code to make it run better, othertimes they just straight remove certain graphic effects, but its all optimization to make the game run better.
17 Mar 2014, 01:31 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2014, 08:26 AMOhme
The more I am told to watch the video and agree with you, the less I agree.

+1.17
17 Mar 2014, 11:27 AM

MArcus +1
Simple and informative. Of course they removed graphics, it is so fu... obvious.

HS King +1
If they don't see it, let them. I think it is hypocritical (to say that i dont see differences) but ok. Everyone has the right to his opinion!

And if you say that this is optimazition than you are wronge. Let me explain.
You build a game/engine than you display it to the monitor. Your game looks good but it runs like Sh.. . Then you remove half of the effects so the game runs smooth (ha ha, it's a joke for COH2) and you call it optimazition. I call it bad programming and bad optimization. Did you have to get in to the BETA phase to realize that????
WTF did you do to this point?
And by the way, after this called optimazation the game (till today) runs like sh...
You have to have a highend cpu and a ATI Graphiccard for the game to not drop under 30 FPS. NVIDIA cards suck all of them (just open google and you see so many threads and reviews about that, it is not funny anymore).

We all know it but no one has the balls to say it out loud that COH2 is a very bad optimized game. This sentence of the Producer says it all "We overestimated the engine" (its in a SNF Video)

Just to be clear. I am only talking about the game-engine, not the game it self. I very much like/love COH-COH2.
17 Mar 2014, 11:32 AM

I believe this thread should be really pointed at Rome 2/Alien: colonial marine instead.
17 Mar 2014, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

A lot of animations, sound effects, small graphic effects have been removed. If you just put all the details at max and play the campaign or a TOW mission, followed by a MP match, you would easily see the difference.

It is pretty clear to my eyes that they did this to increase the game performances even if I'd really like to see at some point a patch/expansion to re-introduce them and increase the overall game quality (like it happened with the 1.8GB patch to transition from COH to COH:Opposing Fronts)

So i was right then. I do hope they get them back at some point.
18 Mar 2014, 13:07 PM

Im with marcus on this one I hope the release the extra sounds and effects in a patch of some sort - I for one feel ripped off by this optimization" as the game is neither fast nor better or responsive.

Man if they could have much more advanced physics and effects in coh which is 8 years old they can do it again in 2014 , that's not optimization its ripping people off. To me this removes the beautiful attention to detail that made the first game such a classic.
18 Mar 2014, 14:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2014, 13:07 PMHS King
Im with marcus on this one I hope the release the extra sounds and effects in a patch of some sort - I for one feel ripped off by this optimization" as the game is neither fast nor better or responsive.

Man if they could have much more advanced physics and effects in coh which is 8 years old they can do it again in 2014 , that's not optimization its ripping people off. To me this removes the beautiful attention to detail that made the first game such a classic.

if i remember correctly it was done because of command delay a band aid so to speak. at the time it helped alot. :) but yea i would like them to add it back in at some point.
18 Mar 2014, 14:34 PM

Since we have Battle Servers now, they should introduce them back.
18 Mar 2014, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

This relic presentation on Coh1 engine vs Coh2 May or may not be relevant to this discussion

Relic presentation
20 Mar 2014, 04:21 AM

I went and watched Imperial Dane's first 5 beta casts (this thread made me curious about the differences), and it looks mostly the same to me, visually.

The only (non-balance) difference I noted were the UI (which was slightly broken and an older version), and some flashy effects. Mostly sprites flying off things when hit by tank shells, terrain deforming much more easily, and impact decals being larger and darker.

So yeah, certainly a placebo, there are some visual differences but to convince yourself that it's a completely different engine is wild.
20 Mar 2014, 04:35 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2014, 19:52 PMArray
This relic presentation on Coh1 engine vs Coh2 May or may not be relevant to this discussion

Relic presentation

Dude, this link was so cool! Thanks for sharing!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★