Login

russian armor

Stugg Assault Tank (From Mechanized Asault Doc.)

21 Feb 2014, 20:23 PM

Get rid of it entirely and replace it with the command tank. It fills a similar role and would give the doctrine more use.
21 Feb 2014, 20:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Get rid of it entirely and replace it with the command tank. It fills a similar role and would give the doctrine more use.

One is 5cp and used for killing scout cars, t70's and halftracks.
Other is 8cp and used for killing infantry.

How do they at all fill a similar role?
21 Feb 2014, 20:29 PM

Isn't it 5cp? I don't think I've ever killed a scout car with the Stug, I've just used it for anti-infantry blobs.

Edit: Razh originally said it was '3cp' and used for killing scout cars. He added the 5cp and the T-70/Half Track in an edit. I still think my point stands, people don't get stugs to counter scout cars or half tracks and at 5cp you would expect to be saving fuel for a Panzer IV so it's not an ideal time to build a stug to counter a T-70. It's an infantry killer thats too weak to stand up at that stage of the game, a command tank does the same job but adds a little more utility and a great deal more survivability.
21 Feb 2014, 20:49 PM

I was just looking at this unit - it's an "assault" gun in the "mechanized assault" doctrine, but there isn't anything assault about this thing - a cheap/relatively weak barrage ability would make it more assault-ish and give it a nice synergy with assault grens.

EDIT: Out of curiosity does anyone have the stats of the gun on this vs the command tanks gun?
21 Feb 2014, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 20:49 PMWilliG
I was just looking at this unit - it's an "assault" gun in the "mechanized assault" doctrine, but there isn't anything assault about this thing - a cheap/relatively weak barrage ability would make it more assault-ish and give it a nice synergy with assault grens.

EDIT: Out of curiosity does anyone have the stats of the gun on this vs the command tanks gun?

StuG E is worse, slower rate of fire + smaller explosive radius.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★