Login

russian armor

Oorah does NOT convey combat bonuses.

18 Oct 2013, 17:25 PM

I cringe every time I see this. Please for the love of god stop doing this.

Oorah gives conscripts a flat +1 movement speed bonus. It does NOT convey any other combat bonuses. It also prevents conscripts from firing while moving, so you're actually hurting your own damage output.

One of the loading tips does say it improves their combat effectiveness, and the AI does use oorah while standing still and firing; however these might be a holdover from when it did give combat bonuses.

Please stop doing this and save your munitions!
18 Oct 2013, 17:36 PM

he hates this so much, he made a post on his phone from work! this really is far too common though. makes me laugh every time i see it. i think its just habit for people to oorah then throw a molotov, so they use it even when theyre already within molotov range.
18 Oct 2013, 17:39 PM

Thanks for informing, perhaps the tooltip "increase combat effectiveness" is misleading
18 Oct 2013, 17:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Cons also seem to shout Oorah at random, even when the ability isnt engaged, which is very confusing.

WTB DLC that changes it to "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"
18 Oct 2013, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 17:42 PMNullist
Cons also seem to shout Oorah at random, even when the ability isnt engaged, which is very confusing.

confirming this.
18 Oct 2013, 20:35 PM

I Oorah randomly to lull my enemy into a false sense of security.

This guy must be a noob, ha.
18 Oct 2013, 20:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2013, 20:35 PMtengen
I Oorah randomly to lull my enemy into a false sense of security.

This guy must be a noob, ha.

I do always relax some when my opponent Oorahs for no reason, but now I'm onto your mind games!
18 Oct 2013, 21:13 PM

Oorah gives you a speed bonus which you could use for:
1. Chasing a tank and throw an AT nade which will slow the tank down and in many scenarios it will help your ZiS or SU85 to finish the kill.

2. Getting away from MG42 range while it is getting set up to fire and pin.

3. Increasing the distance between your squad and flamers pioneers.

4. Running away from flamer HT. If your engies have mines layed down in close vicinity (and they really should), run over the mines so flamer half truck will chase you and...... Ka-Boom!!!

5. Escaping Stuka bombs or off map arty. When you see these purple smoke popping out right on your cons, hit Oorah and get away. You only have few seconds to escape.

6. Getting faster to front lines when it's really needed. Like helping out other squad or reinforcing vet three ZIS or to steel enemy's armor (my favorite).

7. Run Forrest, run!!!!
18 Oct 2013, 21:15 PM

Oorah gives you a speed bonus which you could you use for:
1. Chasing a tank to throw an AT nade which will slow the tank down and in many scenarios it will help your ZiS or SU85 to finish the kill.

2. Getting away from MG42 range while it is getting set up to fire and pin.

3. Increasing the distance between your squad and flamers pioneers.

4. Running away from flamer HT. If your engies have mines layed down in close vicinity (and they really should), run over the mines so flamer half truck will chase you and...... Ka-Boom!!!

5. Escaping Stuka bombs or off map arty. When you see these purple smoke popping out right on your cons, hit Oorah and get away. You only have few seconds to escape.

6. Getting faster to front lines when it's really needed. Like helping out other squad or reinforcing vet three ZIS or to steel enemy's armor (my favorite).

7. Run Forrest, run!!!!
19 Oct 2013, 02:04 AM

Yeah, poor noobs, as if this game wasn't hard enough.

If I'd just bought the game I'd be spamming it all the time too. It says "combat effectiveness" after all.

C'mon, 32 byte patch Relic!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 79
Germany 603
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %