Login

russian armor

Ideas for Leader-boards.

18 Oct 2013, 00:14 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The original idea wasn't bad, but now that you finally made it there you are suggesting that every month someone should write about how uber leet Hans is top of the leaderboard? This is even dumber than politicians voting to raise their own salaries, just saying.

Seriously Basilone? Seriously? Why do you and the others have to jump to the conclusion where you think I am only out for myself? Yes I thought this general idea would be a good one so that when I do lose my rank 1 as Ostheer I can look back and see that I once had it but I also thought it would be a good idea for all players who or will be in my same position. I also said the option of it being SEASONAL rather than monthly Basilone depending on what people prefer. Please stop exaggerating...
18 Oct 2013, 09:23 AM

Hans is top1 just because no-one else good plays CoH2
18 Oct 2013, 09:29 AM

I think it would be nice to do this, but only once the real leaderboards are up and there are actually people competing for the top spots.
18 Oct 2013, 09:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I agree with Barton and Symbi, there is just lack of good players.

The idea itself is nice Hans, but i also get the feeling, that you need some sort of special recognizion for getting pos1.
18 Oct 2013, 10:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

grats Hans on spot 1 :). But in my oppinion, before we add medals for leaderbord positions, we should add medals for tourney winners, SNF contenders, etc. That's something that is more related to CoH2.org.
18 Oct 2013, 11:08 AM
18 Oct 2013, 11:44 AM

After reading this the word "Megalomaniac" springs to mind.
18 Oct 2013, 12:00 PM

...just give him a bagde, seriously, awarding people for their "achievements" is far more important than ehm maybe a fair-play forum.
19 Oct 2013, 12:05 PM

I suggest that those who managed to achieve the position of rank 1, 2 or 3 in their lifetime should have the rank and medal appear under there avatar and possibly the date of when it was achieved. I think this would be a great idea as there is currently no proper way of telling the history of the leader-boards. It also would give players old and new some well deserved recognition.

Another way to solve this issue would be to do monthly or seasonal news posts of the leader-boards and keep the results in an archive somewhere on the site. For instance, create a sub section under the Ladder drop down menu called Hall of Fame where the monthly or seasonal news post reside.

Hi guys,

I think that would be a great idea. You guys ever played command and conquer? Especially the Red Alert 2 and Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge (I played that for many years) have a quite similar leader board as the proposed from Hans. The game is now about 14! years old but there are still some ppl playing and there is still a ladders as you can find here:

http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/

-> the badges u got from ladders show up in lobby (like in COH1)

http://www.oktron-clan.de/screens/lobby040926.jpg

The ladders in combination with badges (badges for ladder points, NOT badges for compstomp as @ COH2) @ RA2 is what the game keeps alive - many ppl played just to get a blue badge (as many ppl just played to get badges @ COH1).

Even though COH ladders and RA2 ladders have much in common, there is one huge difference. At RA2 once a month there is a ladders reset. So all people start again with 0 Points and no badge. Its like a league in soccer and I think it would be great to count the times one got into TOP 10 or one was the winner of ladders. It also would be great to have some sort of different leagues (1st, 2nd, 3rd) where u can be promoted or relegated. And then show the times you won a league within the players profile - that would be so amazing and long time motivating. What do you guys think? If you need further information how the ladder-system worked @ RA2 just page me.

To cut it short, Hans I am with you and I would pay money to have this feature included :).

Cheers,
19 Oct 2013, 12:22 PM

brilliant post n0obkillr.

sorry i am now completly straight.

i stop playing coh2 for awhile now. why?

- no lobby
- no badges
- no leaderbords in game
- i dont care which level i am

sega made a good game, but everythink around it is horrible.

at one point i played yuris and ra2 10 hours per day. why? they made me.

i had super fun every month a new competition about good ranks (now a guy will stay in top 10 for ages by not playing, boring?). we had nice games like 6 man games ffa, we had observer mode, we can earn badges. (earning good badges was very important)

since few weeks i check ladders, and nearly nothing changes at all.
sorry sega a 13 year old 2d game was better then this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment