Withdraw

Add Withdraw to HQs?
Option Distribution Votes
93%
7%
Total votes: 15
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 May 2019, 16:42 PM

The Ardennes Assault campaign adds the Withdraw ability to the USF HQ.

This ability targets any owned unit in the USF base sector. That unit then walks to the map entry point and disappears. There's no resource refund: it's effectively a delete command for your own units.

I suggest adding this ability to all HQs in multiplayer.

You'd only ever use it if you're popcapped, or you have a useless unit utterly countered by the enemy composition which is just eating upkeep cost.

You can already do this by suiciding your units, but it feeds veterancy and runs counter to the unit preservation themes of the game.
1 May 2019, 16:46 PM

Cant see a possible reason not to have it. Solid idea and addresses the issue brought up in that popcost thread
1 May 2019, 18:24 PM

I agree with this, units in base sector should be able to be withdrawn. Even if it gives you nothing but freeing up popcap, it should always be an option. Sometimes you'll have units that are no longer useful to you, and you just don't want them around cluttering your unit bar or risking giving material to the enemy (in case of crews and vehicles).

As a niche ability they should 'hide' it on the HQ building so it's not always visible despite not being needed. Click HQ, click withdrawel, and click the unit you want to leave.
1 May 2019, 18:30 PM

I would like this implemented for LVs from the earliest phase. Libel, uc, dodge, m3a1. They already serve a mid game recon purpose, but you usually risk them more and more each time.
I admit they lose their role even faster on team games
2 May 2019, 03:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

How does it work with support weapons?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak