Login

russian armor

Enemy HQ bug when using attack move

27 Sep 2013, 14:01 PM

Ok here are actually two bugs, but the one I'm focusing on is in the title,

I've noticed that when having your units selected, and giving them an attack move order into the enemy base now causes them to continue firing on the enemy's HQ even when it has been destroyed, below are two examples from the same game session (on the map Road to Kharkov)

As you can see (and hopefully trust me on it) my units (most noticeably my tanks) are shooting on the destroyed enemy's HQ, where I had to then force them to attack the enemy's other buildings instead of using attack move. This may just be a bug on this new map but I doubt that would be the case.

And then, a smaller problem which is not such a big deal, I noticed that when selecting fix locations under custom game this same map, Road to Kharkov, has it's starting locations incorrect, as it would seem enemies would be starting right next to each other. (Almost hoped that would be the case as that might have been a bit interesting until Relic fixes it lol) But this issue is just on the create custom game screen, like I said not such a big deal.

15 Oct 2013, 19:22 PM

So how come this is not being noticed? I can't be the only one using attack move orders or who likes to play Annihilation mode? (In the sense of physically attacking the enemy's base to defeat them) Does this bother nobody else? I mean if this goes unnoticed then I'll make due with clicking on this building and that building to destroy everything to avoid having my units stand there and shoot at a destroyed enemy HQ the whole time. Just surprised nobody seem to have this same issue.
15 Oct 2013, 19:32 PM
Donator 11

no offense, but I don't think this is a huge issue or really bothers anyone and can easily be avoided by not using attack move in that scenario :) but I might be wrong. It's always a good thing though to log these kind of bugs.
16 Oct 2013, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 19:22 PMHume
So how come this is not being noticed? I can't be the only one using attack move orders or who likes to play Annihilation mode? (In the sense of physically attacking the enemy's base to defeat them) Does this bother nobody else? I mean if this goes unnoticed then I'll make due with clicking on this building and that building to destroy everything to avoid having my units stand there and shoot at a destroyed enemy HQ the whole time. Just surprised nobody seem to have this same issue.

I can't remember ever using attack command. Always give orders to individual units to fire at tanks, inf or what I perceive as danger.

If there is no units left, tanks will fire automatically on buildings

p.s. issuing attack command or move command is basically the same thing.

(been playing COH for 6-7 years, can't remember ever using it, nor does attack button exist. lol
16 Oct 2013, 15:52 PM

I can't remember ever using attack command. Always give orders to individual units to fire at tanks, inf or what I perceive as danger.

If there is no units left, tanks will fire automatically on buildings

p.s. issuing attack command or move command is basically the same thing.

(been playing COH for 6-7 years, can't remember ever using it, nor does attack button exist. lol

When having a unit selected, pressing A and left clicking somewhere on the battlefield issues an Attack Move, which means your units will start moving there, and on the way when spotting an enemy, stop, infantry usually then try to find cover, and start shooting back at the enemy, until the enemy is hopefully destroyed, then they proceed to move on to your designated point. This I mostly use when I know the enemy is already defeated yet they have their base left and I need to destroy it.

When issuing a move order though, (like simply right clicking somewhere on the map) your units will move there, while firing on any enemies they spot, however they will not stop to make sure they destroy them first.

However, attack move order aside, even when issuing individual attack orders on units in the enemy base, whenever the enemy targeted is destroyed, your units might likely (might likely based on how far your units are from the enemy HQ) start attacking the (now destroyed) enemy HQ if you weren't paying full attention to the second the enemy got destroyed and your ready to issue the next target.
16 Oct 2013, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 19:32 PMZ3r07
no offense, but I don't think this is a huge issue or really bothers anyone and can easily be avoided by not using attack move in that scenario :) but I might be wrong. It's always a good thing though to log these kind of bugs.

Non taken, and I realize this is obviously not a big issue to 99 percent of the people based on the attention this gets (and on the official Company of Heroes forum when someone else made a post about this)

Lastly, it's still a bug even if this is put on low priority, as long as it gets fixed one day. :)
17 Oct 2013, 05:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 15:52 PMHume

When having a unit selected, pressing A and left clicking somewhere on the battlefield issues an Attack Move, which means your units will start moving there, and on the way when spotting an enemy, stop, infantry usually then try to find cover, and start shooting back at the enemy, until the enemy is hopefully destroyed, then they proceed to move on to your designated point. This I mostly use when I know the enemy is already defeated yet they have their base left and I need to destroy it.

When issuing a move order though, (like simply right clicking somewhere on the map) your units will move there, while firing on any enemies they spot, however they will not stop to make sure they destroy them first.

However, attack move order aside, even when issuing individual attack orders on units in the enemy base, whenever the enemy targeted is destroyed, your units might likely (might likely based on how far your units are from the enemy HQ) start attacking the (now destroyed) enemy HQ if you weren't paying full attention to the second the enemy got destroyed and your ready to issue the next target.

I understand, I was just trying to say why I read this thread before. But didn't respond to it. (courtesy response on your question)
Issuing attack order means that your units will stop at sight of first enemy unit and engage it, most players will not like that happening because they will only move unit to execute tactical move (cap point, flank, etc) Most players don't want their Panther to stop and engage eng squad, leaving it vulnerable to AT gun attack, unless they decide to stop panther to attack target of opportunity.

Hence there isn't much response.

For me attack move is liability move and I would never use it (I think most players would feel the same)
17 Oct 2013, 08:13 AM

I understand, I was just trying to say why I read this thread before. But didn't respond to it. (courtesy response on your question)
Issuing attack order means that your units will stop at sight of first enemy unit and engage it, most players will not like that happening because they will only move unit to execute tactical move (cap point, flank, etc) Most players don't want their Panther to stop and engage eng squad, leaving it vulnerable to AT gun attack, unless they decide to stop panther to attack target of opportunity.

Hence there isn't much response.

For me attack move is liability move and I would never use it (I think most players would feel the same)

I understand, and I agree with you. I should have titled this threat something like "Enemy HQ still a target after being destroyed." Would have made more sense.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★