Login

russian armor

Why are T-34 so flowery?

raw
24 Sep 2013, 19:25 PM

Screws the whole game. I am so done. Make them competitive vs. T3 already jesus fucking christ. Fuck.
24 Sep 2013, 19:36 PM

why so much rage in here? and why you think T34 is shit? explain first and then start new threads
24 Sep 2013, 19:36 PM

We t34s are good and spammable. Used with at guns they rock!!
24 Sep 2013, 20:14 PM

That tank is good. All time im building them.
24 Sep 2013, 20:18 PM

t34s should be decent AT. not as good as panzer IV but not as bad as bouncing of the rounds off the front 50 pct of the time, or bouncing of the rear of panthers 25 pct of the time. even though they are spammable the german players can still make 3 panzer IVs per 4 t34s fuel wise, and it's even more difficult to outproduce them manpower wise. also t34s are pretty much done when panthers arrive anyways.
24 Sep 2013, 20:28 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

why so much rage in here? and why you think T34 is shit? explain first and then start new threads

Barton for moderator.

I for one think T-34s are very nicely tuned right now. It's all about the micro and supporting them with some inf. Go in alone front to front and ofc a PIV will pwn you. But bring some conscripts, micro around, use your speed to flank, and you can win tough engagements. When it becomes 2v2 (2 PIVs vs 2 T34s) you have ram options as well, which thankfully are not 100% now, taking some skill and bravado to pull off the move.
24 Sep 2013, 20:35 PM

T34s are my personal favorite tank tbh. But I only play 1v1 as Soviets so I've never had to face Panthers with T3. I can imagine that's a problem in 2v2s and up, since it's easier for Germans to tech up to heavy armor.

In 1v1s tho, I usually find that I can either trade my T34 with AT guns for a P4 which is a good trade for me, or have 2 T34s and trade 1 for 1 which is good for me again.
24 Sep 2013, 20:41 PM

Maybe some global upgrade to T34-85 like the Sherman 75mm to 76mm, losing anti-inf to gain anti-tank power. Otherwise no, T34s are good right now.
24 Sep 2013, 20:50 PM

soviet T3 is doomed when there's something bigger than a PZIV rolls out, even a PZIV can take down a T-34 with ease, not to mention PZIV can head on a T-34/85 with no problem which is much more costly that a PZIV
24 Sep 2013, 20:51 PM

I don't know why but when I play as Germans I'm quite happy when I see that my opponent selected T34's instead of SU 85's :))
24 Sep 2013, 21:47 PM

I don't know why but when I play as Germans I'm quite happy when I see that my opponent selected T34's instead of SU 85's :))

I'm quite the opposite. T34s are way more versatile than SU85s now if used properly. SU85s still feel like cheese but they're good at just 1 thing. T34s are pretty well rounded and honestly I tend to prefer T34 over P4 due to AI being so much better, plus it can zip around the map, even cap if there's a lull or during the end game when VPs become very important.

It won't make much of a splash vs tiger or panther, but that's way late game we're talking about. Basically, they're now the CoH2 version of the CoH1 Sherman minus the upgun - which didn't help vs panthers or tigers either, I'd gladly have taken ram on Sherman.
24 Sep 2013, 22:32 PM

T34s tend to suffer the longer the battle drags on. I think balance would have been much better if the t34 could have been upgraded to the 85 after a while.
raw
24 Sep 2013, 22:58 PM

I for one think T-34s are very nicely tuned right now. It's all about the micro and supporting them with some inf. Go in alone front to front and ofc a PIV will pwn you. But bring some conscripts, micro around, use your speed to flank, and you can win tough engagements. When it becomes 2v2 (2 PIVs vs 2 T34s) you have ram options as well, which thankfully are not 100% now, taking some skill and bravado to pull off the move.

Yes, if your opponent is daft and rolls his PzIV into your guards crowd, you have perfect micro and timing on your conscripts, you can chain button down from your 3+ guards and have enough ammo for mark target on top of it, you may... MAY... be able to trade in your T-34 for the PzIV.

In the remaining 99,9% of the games, he just a-moves at your T-34 and it explodes. Oh, and lets not forget that after killing a single T-34 the PzIV gets vet, granting it immunity to any silly little flank you might be running and your ridiculous ramming attempts.

Seriously. Have you considered that the OH player can bring Infantry too and micro them around? In any fair match-up the PzIV beats the T-34 10 out of 10 times. It's just ridiculous to even assume that a subpar anti-infantry (lol!) tank has any place in the midgame, doubly so thanks to its hilarious redundancy with the T-70. I basically have the choice between cardboard and aluminium.

And hey, thanks to Opel PzIV now costs effectively as much as the T-34. The whole Soviet games revolves around preventing the PzIV or delaying it long enough that you can have 2+ T-34 on the field. Competent OH players obviously just put an MG42 at both fuel points and laugh at your pathetic attempts to dislodge them while parking an opel behind every second tree.
24 Sep 2013, 23:06 PM

They really aren't. They're just not as good at AT as a more expensive tank with less AI and no ram... watch Von Ivan stream sometime if you think they're useless against P-IVs. I think Stephenn also uses them a lot.
raw
24 Sep 2013, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 23:06 PMBlovski
They really aren't. They're just not as good at AT as a more expensive tank with less AI and no ram... watch Von Ivan stream sometime if you think they're useless against P-IVs. I think Stephenn also uses them a lot.

They already won the game in the early game.
24 Sep 2013, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 22:58 PMraw

In the remaining 99,9% of the games, he just a-moves at your T-34 and it explodes. Oh, and lets not forget that after killing a single T-34 the PzIV gets vet, granting it immunity to any silly little flank you might be running and your ridiculous ramming attempts.

I would hope the PIV would beat a T-34 1v1 in isolation since it costs a lot more. T-34 is still much better vs. infantry though. If 99.9% of your games are lost by the opponent attack moving and your T-34 exploding as a result, I think you have a lot to work on. T-34s are fine as is imo - even 1 on 1 they can beat a PIV if you get the jump on it with a surprise rear shot/flank.
raw
24 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM

I would hope the PIV would beat a T-34 1v1 in isolation since it costs a lot more.

30 fuel isn't a lot. One Opel truck and you're on par.

even 1 on 1 they can beat a PIV if you get the jump on it with a surprise rear shot/flank.

Yes, if the opponent is stupid you can beat his PzIV. But you would beat him in any other engagement anyway.

24 Sep 2013, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 23:09 PMraw

They already won the game in the early game.

Sure...

Alright, so far for T-34 buffs, they've had an increase in penetration so that it always penetrates a P-IV from behind, and a 50% increase in damage. What more do you want, exactly? The unit is *obviously* not shit at the moment unless you just go head to head against more expensive P-IVs without support on account of you falling asleep or something, it's used frequently by a lot of really good players, and it probably can't take another buff without becoming patently pretty OP.
raw
24 Sep 2013, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2013, 23:15 PMBlovski

Sure...

Alright, so far for T-34 buffs, they've had an increase in penetration so that it always penetrates a P-IV from behind, and a 50% increase in damage. What more do you want, exactly? The unit is *obviously* not shit at the moment unless you just go head to head against more expensive P-IVs without support on account of you falling asleep or something, it's used frequently by a lot of really good players, and it probably can't take another buff without becoming patently pretty OP.

The T-34 loses versus PzIV even with support and that's why things are starting to get unfun. Also, you keep on implying that you somehow meet an isolated PzIV with your T-34 + whatever support you have. That's never the case, the PzIV is being supported too. Obviously.

Guards need a major damage and penetration buff on their rifles. It's bad enough already that ACs can basically ignore them now, but that they're completely useless against T3 is just adding insult to injury to the AV starved soviet army. These guys need to be scary to OH's T3, especially if I bring 3+ of them. Currently the only real reason to build them is Button Down, otherwise they're worthless. Too bad the entire soviet meta revolves around button down.

More generally, >75% of the entire soviet arsenal is trash-tier and completely unscary to the OH. That needs to change.

The T-34 needs to deal more damage. Plain and simple. And I really don't care that it can kill infantry. That's exactly why it's so shit. No PzIV in sight? Great! Proceed to decimate the entire OH infantry! Lost the T-34 to the PzIV? GG, next game. Overkill or instant loss. Black and white. No interested duels, no microbattles, no mindgames. Just a-moving or be a-moved.
25 Sep 2013, 05:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Raws QQ rage is so delicious and salty.

Maybe stop trying to use T34s like PIVs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★