Login

russian armor

P2W whine thread.

PAGES (10)down
25 Sep 2013, 00:34 AM

DO I HAVE TO FUCKING PAY TOO TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER NOW!

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 00:24 AMhubewa

Thanks to these changes, even if Preorders/DLC got it for free

I DID NOT. I DID NOT GET THE COMMANDERS. ONLY THE SINGLE PLAYER STUFF I DONT PLAY BECAUSE ITS TOO DUMB FOR MY TASTE. I HATE WHEN HARD GAMES JUST MAKE ENEMY UNITS MAKE MORE DAMAGE.

on a seious note, does anyone else has this problem im fucked here.
25 Sep 2013, 00:37 AM

This policy could well change if we all just collectively not buy the new commanders.
25 Sep 2013, 00:37 AM
Benefactor 115

Commanders are expensive because they have already factored in the amount of overtime work hours the balance team will need to fix them
25 Sep 2013, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 00:37 AMtuvok
Commanders are expensive because they have already factored in the amount of overtime work hours the balance team will need to fix them

+1

I DID NOT. I DID NOT GET THE COMMANDERS. ONLY THE SINGLE PLAYER STUFF I DONT PLAY BECAUSE ITS TOO DUMB FOR MY TASTE. I HATE WHEN HARD GAMES JUST MAKE ENEMY UNITS MAKE MORE DAMAGE.

I was just stating a hypothetical, and even then, that would be bad.
25 Sep 2013, 01:18 AM

This policy could well change if we all just collectively not buy the new commanders.

I certainly won't be buying any of the commanders. Whether or not it causes my interest in the game to cease, remains to be seen - but I certainly will be warning my friends before they buy CoH2 about the sinkhole of money they'll need to be prepared to face if they want to enjoy the game how they will be expecting to.
25 Sep 2013, 01:20 AM

I don't go on the faceplates either, but like you, I bought the upgrade of the game. And like you, i also visit War Thunder, where they presumably make money from decals, plane skins etc And presumably, successfully, if what we read is to be believed.

Just no....World of Tanks and War Thunder alone disprove this.

I would think the radical departure on these new Commanders will (generally) attract rather than repel. Of course,there will be some who rage, but that will always be so

WOT P2W? Nope, you can buy everything using ingame credit, and they ain't are affordable.

Warthunder P2W? Yes, and when the time they add more P2W feature(game breaking) the player base got drop by half in patch 1.20

This is consequences why WOT has upper hand
25 Sep 2013, 01:28 AM

WHAT1?! I have to buy BOTH COMMANDERS AND CASE BLUE!!?!? OMFG i thought case blue was free!!!!! :( WOW THIS BLOWS!!
25 Sep 2013, 02:24 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 00:37 AMtuvok

:D
25 Sep 2013, 03:07 AM

I'm going to buy every single commander I possibly can, they're awesome. It's not a "sinkhole of money". Try a car. Or a girlfriend.... *those* are money sinks.
25 Sep 2013, 03:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Why bother with balance patches, when you can simply release new Commanders every few months for money, that throw previous balance and community testing into the bin.

Interesting business model.

Score:
Marketers 1 Balancers 0 Community -1000

Not to mention whats the point of P2W DLC, when each purchased unit is negated by multiple players leaving the game and emptying out the ladder.

Empty ladder=no multiplayer impetus=reduced P2W unit purchases.

Correct form would have been packaging the P2W DLC into the Case Blue, and issuing shuffles of those Commanders as non-CE/preorder paid DLC.

The way this was done is marketing suicide. Look at the reaction its caused. For every dollar earned, the game instead loses players from an already relatively small pool, as well as now getting rubber stamped y the gaming community as P2W, which is the industry equivalent of catching leprosy.

I honestly feel bad for the balance team too. All their hard work, endless hours of sifting through community feedback, implementing changes designed to improve the reputation of the game AS A GAME, in order to bring more purchasers into the ladder, thereby creating a community base that generates more purchases, has all been negated in one fell marketing swoop. Back to square one.
25 Sep 2013, 04:38 AM

The queues were relatively balanced this past week (roughly 60/40), but now it looks like we are back to 85% ost/15% soviets. Wonder why...

25 Sep 2013, 05:26 AM

Permanently Banned
The queues were relatively balanced this past week (roughly 60/40), but now it looks like we are back to 85% ost/15% soviets. Wonder why...

The lobbies matchcounter isnt an indicator of anything, due to geography, brackets and who knows what vagaries. Much less of faction balance, if that is what you are implying. That would be like saying political party A gets more votes than party B because they are OP, rather than becausw of peoples variable preferences.

Id love to see Steam stats of games played as both factions and overall 1v1 win loss, but alas, such stats are still in the SOONtm pipeline...
25 Sep 2013, 13:18 PM

I've been a huge fan of Relic and CoH since 2006. I paid $60 to support this company even though I knew if I'd wait I could get it cheaper. I will no longer buy ANY Relic/Sega product because this sort of DLC is atrocious. I just want them to know the reason they won't get another dime from me.
25 Sep 2013, 13:31 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 03:58 AMNullist
The way this was done is marketing suicide. Look at the reaction its caused. For every dollar earned, the game instead loses players from an already relatively small pool, as well as now getting rubber stamped y the gaming community as P2W, which is the industry equivalent of catching leprosy.

The truth is that having active players doesn't get them any money, they have already sold the game, sold it quite well, single players fans will buy happily the case blue dlc/upcoming 1942 dlc, someone will buy some random commanders, the impact of someone stopping playing because of this is zero: he wouldn't have bought any DLC anyway.
In six months they will release CoH2 super ultra collector mega complete final edition, which will include everything, new players will buy it happily, and they will make more money.
25 Sep 2013, 13:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Its exactly that kind of false thinking that some marketers apply, and end up killing their own cash cow.

People who stay playing the game fulfill three functions, all of which cost ZERO money for the provider:
1) They provide free feedback, testing and other forms of community support, alleviating the providers burden to do so. Example: Coh2.org handles CoH2's ladder system.

2) They keep the MP community healthy, numerous and the reputation of the game healthy, through word of mouth and internet posting, thereby attracting further paying customers as well as free advertising in a form that is impossible to "buy" or directly implement from a marketing perspective.

3) If there is nobody playing MP due to it being destroyed by P2W DLC, then who the fuck are you going to sell DLC to in future, genius? Did you think about that? Id think its pretty obvious that it is ESSENTIAL to retain as much of the player base as possible in MP, in order to benefit from what they provide the game interms of advertising, indirect support and as future prime customers for DLC. How can you not understand this.

SP players will indeed happily buy the Case Blue DLC.
So fucking what. You think someone has a problem with Case Blue DLC?
You are getting the issues confused in your brain.

This is the issue: P2W DLC COMMANDERS.

-SP players have no reason to buy the MP P2W DLCs, and those among them who got CE, are already entitled to Case Blue anyways. Why you are even mentioning SP players is beyond me and completely irrelevant. You must have forgotten what this is all about halfway through your post or something.

-You are completely overlooking and failing to realise one very simple, obvious and clear repercussion. If people leave MP, for whatever reason, then MP player pool will reduce, and the more it reduces, the MORE it reduces, because people get less and less matches and more and more frustrated. Now, add P2W DLC Commanders to that mix, and you have basically poisoned your own well, by pouring a toxic element into your own MP player pool.

You think you are being smart, by pointing out that "existing players have already given their money, and who cares if they like the DLC or not". But infact, that is an outright moronic and ridiculously simplistic view to take. It doesn't even begin to cover the ACTUAL repercussions of alienating an existing player base. Its exactly that kind of narrow, superficial and short-sighted mentality that ruins businesses everywhere, over and over.
25 Sep 2013, 14:04 PM
Benefactor 115

no, it doesn't work like that, you think coh2.org represents the entire coh2 player base, while in fact of the 5500 active players just a few belong to here.
EA screwed fans with Battlefield business model, they screwed the fans with SimCity, just look at their popularity, SimCity had record sales.
The left column of the Metacritic page makes the money go round, not the right side.

Hardcore gamers are just a small fraction of a silent, casual, majority, where the tons of cash lie.

Even here, half of the people didn't buy any commander previously and has already bought the p2w stuff
25 Sep 2013, 14:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Hmm I think battlefield 3 has one of the best DLC business models.
25 Sep 2013, 14:16 PM

Permanently Banned
tuvok: Now you completely forgot your point and deteriorated into waffling.

None of that had ANY relevance, whatsoever, to P2W DLC.

You haven't thought this through far enough, just regurgitating superficial cliches and generalisations, with no actual connection to this issue.

If Coh2.org stopped playing MP, there would be no Coh2.org anymore, nor would there be the ladder they have awesomely made available to Relic while they sort their own out. This alone refutes your argument that "existing, paid customers dont matter, we already have their money".

You are confusing the basic concepts here.

SP players will buy SP products.
MP players will buy MP products.

This is all well and fine.

But when you introduce P2W into your MP product pool, you lose MORE clients from that pool for every dollar you earn. And the more you LOSE players from the MP pool, the faster it shrinks, quadratically. Benign DLC is fine. P2W is not. They are not the same thing.

None of any of this has anything to do with SP. I dont know where you are even getting that from.
25 Sep 2013, 14:17 PM
Benefactor 115

Hmm I think battlefield 3 has one of the best DLC business models.

I bet EA shareholders agree with that :p
25 Sep 2013, 14:24 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 14:16 PMNullist
But when you introduce P2W into your MP product pool, you lose MORE clients from that pool for every dollar you earn. And the more you LOSE players from the MP pool, the faster it shrinks, quadratically. Benign DLC is fine. P2W is not. They are not the same thing.

again, a lot of people on this forum never bought a commander and has already bought the p2w stuff.
the only people that bought commanders previously were a very small fraction of players, someone that wanted to fine tune his strategy and really needed a particular combination of abilities.
if you make paid multiplayer DLCs and let them play with non-DLC users they will ALWAYS be pay to win (either that or they are "pay to lose", and no one will buy them)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Germany 671
Russian Federation 44
Netherlands 17
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W