Login

russian armor

For balance Axis really needs demo or satchel.

21 Nov 2018, 00:24 AM

At this moment Axis don't have any easy way to wipe houses, compared to allies. Soviets who are the most troll in destroying garrisons, USF has demo in a commander option and UKF just one click wonder arty to houses.

In a way balance and little bit of historical point of view is very strange that neither faction from axis can use explosives (satchel,demo).

21 Nov 2018, 00:26 AM

Sure thing, the moment allies will get super heavy stock tank.
21 Nov 2018, 00:39 AM

Sure thing when axis can upgrade both weapon slot upgrades.
21 Nov 2018, 01:32 AM

Well if doctrinal demos count then okw has Goliath
21 Nov 2018, 02:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2018, 00:24 AMThamor
At this moment Axis don't have any easy way to wipe houses, compared to allies. Soviets who are the most troll in destroying garrisons, USF has demo in a commander option and UKF just one click wonder arty to houses.

In a way balance and little bit of historical point of view is very strange that neither faction from axis can use explosives (satchel,demo).

Firstly, there are two commanders (currently) that give USF Demos, Armor and Mechanized. Assault Engineers in either situation are sub-par at best (Armor company), which will almost always be out-traded by Strum pios (its essentially a race to who can get to the better cover), The up-gradable Flamethrower is nice, but not really as effective as the flamenwerfer for Axis, or even Soviets Flamethrower, and majority of the time will just end up feeding the squad (granted, if somehow vetted, It can take a few hits).

The second commander, Mechanized just really is not worth it (if speaking in terms of getting the Assault engineers) . You'd need to deploy a 30Fuel HT, decrew it and recrew it with another squad to gain access to the Assault engineers, and it costs 5(?) CP, and is essentially a glorified version of the Ambulance, with a 50cal gun.

So Overall, USF Assault engineers are not particularity fantastic, even given their utility (which can actually be almsot fully replaced by Heavy cav/Rifleman field defenses)

I Don't believe Axis need a demo charge, Not in the interest with balance, but in the interest of strategy. From what i know and seen, the biggest advantage for axis comes from keeping buildings alive, as it gives garrisons for your MGs, Grens and a place to deploy elite units from. and when all else fails, you've always got the LeFH, or ISGs, and apparently Goliaths.

On a slightly less related note, If you are speaking in terms of the Ostheer, I believe it is that way because Ostheer were more centered around the defending Faction, and Russians were more based around literally feeding manpower to dislodge the Ostheer.

I do have an honest question, What strategical benefit would Axis gain if they had access to demos?
21 Nov 2018, 03:37 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I do have an honest question, What strategical benefit would Axis gain if they had access to demos?

Plant behind house

wait for enemy squad to garrison

delete squad

Balance in all things
21 Nov 2018, 04:08 AM

Plant behind house

wait for enemy squad to garrison

delete squad

Balance in all things

More likely:
Never use
Bitch they are too expensive because Axis actually have things to spend munitions on unlike Soviet...
21 Nov 2018, 04:19 AM

More likely:
Never use
Bitch they are too expensive because Axis actually have things to spend munitions on unlike Soviet...

Was used in GCS2 -> Never used.

ok
21 Nov 2018, 04:52 AM

ok

Axis have demos? On where?
21 Nov 2018, 05:06 AM

Axis have demos? On where?

I meant the soviet one was. Didn't fully comprehend what you said till clarified.
21 Nov 2018, 05:10 AM

As Ostheer I would prefer Brummbar to demo charges, cause brummbar gives more reliable DPS and heavy counters any kind of infantry.

OKW has goliath, which is a moving demo charge, but costs just 35 Muni more than soviet demo. Yeah, Goliath is doctrinal, but UKF and USF don't have non-doc demos too.

As for soviets, it's pretty hard to use. U can place a charge near the house, but if your enemy plays carefully, he'll never gets into that building without first checking. So u can use demo behind sight blockers around the corners or on a potential retreat path. But that takes high skill and is still risky.
21 Nov 2018, 06:15 AM

I meant the soviet one was. Didn't fully comprehend what you said till clarified.

OK. I was saying Axis ones wouldnt get used because they have things like Bunkers and pintle and weapon upgrades to eat their mu. Dumping 65 into a "maybe I'll wipe a squad" wouldn't fly
21 Nov 2018, 10:32 AM

OK. I was saying Axis ones wouldnt get used because they have things like Bunkers and pintle and weapon upgrades to eat their mu. Dumping 65 into a "maybe I'll wipe a squad" wouldn't fly

Pretty sure people would use soviet style demos when plating okw or ost. Soviet demos are still useful they are just not a no brainer anymore.
21 Nov 2018, 11:24 AM

As Ostheer I would prefer Brummbar to demo charges, cause brummbar gives more reliable DPS and heavy counters any kind of infantry.

Though luck, because Brumm just got hit hard by the nerf hammer (price remains the same of course, cos Axis)
21 Nov 2018, 11:27 AM

ok

This wasn't talk of only 1v1, as in the 2v2 qualifiers it was used. Anyway my point for topic is that you would at least have a option for it in a commander and atm there isn't even a option for them or anything similar. (Still ignoring goliath). This suggestion isn't even game breaking so allies against this is very strange...

21 Nov 2018, 11:48 AM

Though luck, because Brumm just got hit hard by the nerf hammer (price remains the same of course, cos Axis)

I've seen patch notes, and still I'd prefer brummbar to demo charges in 100% cases, because it has reliable efficiency, and demos don't.
21 Nov 2018, 12:18 PM

Pretty sure people would use soviet style demos when plating okw or ost. Soviet demos are still useful they are just not a no brainer anymore.

As an actual demolition ability they are less effecient than satchels as they cost more, trake lomger to deploy, and are on quite literally the worst unit in the game full stop. Plus your trash tier engine has other things to do like losing to weapon crews, building bases and shooting at the forest behind the broad side of a barn than being anywhere near the front wasting munitions on a trap the enemy can see and counter with gunfire. Lay a mine at the building entrance and have the added benifit of protecting against infiltration units as well as saving you 35mu
21 Nov 2018, 17:05 PM

The real question is: WHY YOU WANT TO DESTROY HOUSES AS AXIS?! Houses favors axis so much more than allies, most houses have only 4 windows at best meaning that the 6 and 5 man squads of allies are always firing with less power and the superior axis grenades make garrisons so dangerous for allies.

As axis you want to keep garrisons the longer you can.
21 Nov 2018, 17:38 PM

Goliath exists.
21 Nov 2018, 17:46 PM

More likely:
Never use

In watching most of GCS2, I only remember seeing them planted on the "friendly" side of buildings for a chance at a squad wipe in a wooden building. Even then, you'd have to be watching it and hope that you notice the squad in the building before they notice the demo.

Also, the premise that Axis need it because some Allies have it is interesting. If that is the case, then both Soviets and USF should get non-doctrinal advanced medium tanks and heavy tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★