Login

russian armor

1v1 is unplayable

24 Aug 2013, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:15 PMNullist
Adapt. Meta has changed. Stop trying the same shit over and over.

This is a game, it needs to be fun, not so challenging that experienced players find it frustrating and average players stand no chance.
24 Aug 2013, 14:25 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:20 PMAbdul

This is a game, it needs to be fun, not so challenging that experienced players find it frustrating and average players stand no chance.

I've never claimed otherwise, nor does your statement refute what I have said.
24 Aug 2013, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:19 PMNullist
Ost played for two+ months with 3 man Support Teams vs unsuppressable Maxims with a broken RNade, still broken Faust, and broken AC upgun.

sorry but how does that make unbalance against the Soviet faction fair? You are sort of implying that since the ost had to go through so much now its the soviet turn. That doesn't make the game fun.
24 Aug 2013, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:25 PMNullist

I've never claimed otherwise, nor does your statement refute what I have said.

Did u actually read what you wrote? You are asking people to adapt to balance problems.
24 Aug 2013, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:15 PMNullist
Adapt. Meta has changed. Stop trying the same shit over and over.

please just don't. i cant play 2 games with the same strategy because of my OCD ADHD AC/DC of whatever a shrink is supposed to call it (never gone to one lol). i have tried several things. and each new one has been Nerfed to oblivion. i have a set of tactics to rotate it. hell i cant even play the same bulletins and the same comanders i have to constantly stiwch them because i get bored. and i am getting bored because:

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:18 PMAbdul
Its playable but not enjoyable, the game feels like micro and teaching race instead of planning and flanking.

its one of the reasons i don't play starcraft 2.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 14:19 PMNullist
Ost played for two+ months with 3 man Support Teams vs unsuppressable Maxims with a broken RNade, still broken Faust, and broken AC upgun.

you don't compare yourself with the worst, you don't justify yourself saying that now its soviet turn to be "bugged", you don't justify bad things happening because other bad things happens, bad things should not happen (bugs, poor balance), it will lead you to mediocrity being no good.( i played mostly Germans during that time too).
24 Aug 2013, 16:44 PM

I really don't get what's changed to make it so awful for the Soviets. Soviet tier 3 is *way* more viable against P-IVs and has a much stronger counter to Ostwinds with the T-34 and ram changes. SU-85s and KV-8s of doom have not been nerfed (SU-85 change is nice but not actually a stats change, just means you need to spot for it if you're planning of setting off around the battlefield). In this patch for the Germans: there was one bug fix for Ostheer, a cost increase for riflenades, the upgunned scout car no longer loses its AI, AT grenade damage has been increased but is not 100% reliable against T3 vehicles frontally (similarly, the Panzerfaust).

The idea that the only plausible tech path for Soviets is snipers/T1->T4 rings false. I mean, if you look at the last SNF Langreskaya tourney casts, on just about the best map for 2+ MG-42s and for sniper play, half of the Soviets go for Tier 2, half for Tier 1. AndyIsRipping was playing and winning with T2->T3 before the T-34 buff and after the maxim nerf. The Soviets won all three games in the final.

Now, unless you're at that level, I think the problem winning with T2 is probably something you can do something about.

@uno234, your list of complaints seems to be that if the Ostheer build counters you may need to not suicide your units into them. Losing snipers and scout cars to a German AC is generally either sloppy play on your part or good play from your opponent. Use the threat of AT nades or guards to stop them charging in. Stick a few mines down if you get a reasonable start and you'll often get a scout car by accident.

Certainly, better players seem to be complaining about struggling than with previous patches, which is a cause for concern, but I think as much of it is that German players are getting better against the standard T1->T4 build by using MHTs, waiting for tier 4 armour or an elephant instead of getting a ton of P-IVs, building bigger tier 1s and doing sneaky things like the halftrack LMG-squads gank rather than that the balance has swung massively against the Soviets on account of two bugfixes, one of which is a de facto buff to a minor midgame unit.

There are two things I have problems with from the Ostheer right now - MG-42 with the silly bulletin is frustratingly quick to suppress and quite hard to deal with without tier 1 on some maps and strafing run/blitztruck combo is still just cruelly overpowered as a base-pin/win all engagements tool. Other than those particular things I'm not seeing huge problems.
24 Aug 2013, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 16:44 PMBlovski

The idea that the only plausible tech path for Soviets is snipers/T1->T4 rings false. I mean, if you look at the last SNF Langreskaya tourney casts, on just about the best map for 2+ MG-42s and for sniper play, half of the Soviets go for Tier 2, half for Tier 1. AndyIsRipping was playing and winning with T2->T3 before the T-34 buff and after the maxim nerf. The Soviets won all three games in the final.

It would be nice to see t2 working, do u have a link to some of those casts?
24 Aug 2013, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 18:26 PMAbdul

It would be nice to see t2 working, do u have a link to some of those casts?

AndyIsRipping vs. OMGPOP Semi, starts at 7.00ish
AndyIsRipping vs. Condemnation Wings final

Both games are 5 conscript (+flamerpio, even) -> Tier 2 (no buys from T2 immediately, gets a ZiS after a T-70 or two) -> T70s. Wings waiting for an Elephant very questionable against Tier 3. So, not much use of the Tier 2 but viable without a Scout Car and Sniper.

Spanky vs Condemnation Wings Semi

Spanky goes directly for the maxim start, IIRC. Has a bit of an issue with the T2->guards->SU-85 tech not giving him any serious anti-infantry power. Probably should've tried to get a Katyusha to get some damage output.
raw
24 Aug 2013, 19:23 PM

You can go T2 when you open with Conscript Spam, however if the germans answer with mass MG42 it probably won't help you much.
24 Aug 2013, 19:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 19:21 PMBlovski

AndyIsRipping vs. OMGPOP Semi, starts at 7.00ish
AndyIsRipping vs. Condemnation Wings final

Both games are 5 conscript (+flamerpio, even) -> Tier 2 (no buys from T2 immediately, gets a ZiS after a T-70 or two) -> T70s. Wings waiting for an Elephant very questionable against Tier 3. So, not much use of the Tier 2 but viable without a Scout Car and Sniper.

Spanky vs Condemnation Wings Semi

Spanky goes directly for the maxim start, IIRC. Has a bit of an issue with the T2->guards->SU-85 tech not giving him any serious anti-infantry power. Probably should've tried to get a Katyusha to get some damage output.

Thanks for the links
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS