Login

russian armor

Rank//Insignia

22 Aug 2013, 19:06 PM

Personally im really unhappy with the current rank system // insignias

I know it may seem silly but in Coh1 you used to have to work so hard for those insignias which all had a distinct different look and actually meant something.

Now ive played with several so called level 100 and to be honest alot have been bad to say the least.

I remember the feeling of panic on the loading screen on a random 2v2 when you saw that gold symbol flash up and you knew you were in for a great game, or even a chance to learn a few things and play with a great player.

Now you get matched with a level 100 it means nothing plus if you lose you dont seem to lose a rank or insignia.

We are all gonna be level 100 soon :(

May be a trivial point but I do miss it.

Anyone else?
22 Aug 2013, 19:11 PM

I wonder about this also. One day the average player will be at rank 100, or at least closer to it. Does the matchmaker only take rank into account or also games played, win-streak etc.? Would be really annoying to see the real pros getting matched with the average player - for both parties.
22 Aug 2013, 19:15 PM

Yeah i thought that would be wierd once we are all rank 100 :)

Personally im not the best and it felt a real achievement for me when i finally got level 12 Panzer Elite i loved that badge and when i lost is really annoyed me!!! (And made me practice to get better!)

Just feel like if i lose doesnt really matter ill still rank up....
22 Aug 2013, 19:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Your level does not matter for automatch placement. There is a hidden Elo ranking that determines your opponent. I totally agree that something along the lines of the old CoH levels would be fun to have again. It would be nice even if the game just showed the ladder rank of the other player on the loading screen.
22 Aug 2013, 19:57 PM
Patrion 14

yea coh1 was way better, because you had to really fight to keep your rank,dont get me wrong, it is nice to have a ladder, but its just was better when you had real ranks, what we have now is lame :(
22 Aug 2013, 20:01 PM

Well, ELO. Fine and good, but he is right, soon all (or most) will have reached level 100. So you will most likely play level 100 players, in your skill rating... takes away a lot of the fun. Not much to fight for then (except for the win). If you lose, then your stats get screwed. That pretty much sums it up.
22 Aug 2013, 20:02 PM

Maybe there implement a prestige mode......like another well known game :rolleyes:
22 Aug 2013, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2013, 20:02 PMr7Bashy
Maybe there implement a prestige mode......like another well known game :rolleyes:

LOL
22 Aug 2013, 21:26 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have to agree with these posts. Higher ranked player deserve more recognition in the community and inside the game. Hopefully this will be achieved when Steam supply the in-game leader-boards. However on top of this I would like to see some kind of cool insignia for the top 10 players.
22 Aug 2013, 22:47 PM

Vcoh stars (actual officer star scary like)

coh2 stars (school yard stars for kids where everyone is a winner)

22 Aug 2013, 22:52 PM

HAHAHA, so true! :D
22 Aug 2013, 23:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2013, 19:06 PMr7Bashy
Personally im really unhappy with the current rank system // insignias

I know it may seem silly but in Coh1 you used to have to work so hard for those insignias which all had a distinct different look and actually meant something.

Now ive played with several so called level 100 and to be honest alot have been bad to say the least.

I remember the feeling of panic on the loading screen on a random 2v2 when you saw that gold symbol flash up and you knew you were in for a great game, or even a chance to learn a few things and play with a great player.

Now you get matched with a level 100 it means nothing plus if you lose you dont seem to lose a rank or insignia.

We are all gonna be level 100 soon :(

May be a trivial point but I do miss it.

Anyone else?

I wholeheartedly agree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight