Login

russian armor

F.A.Q. for everyone.

21 Aug 2013, 20:33 PM
Donator 11

I do think that I qualify has a mid level player being ranked in the 500s, my only point being that even at this stage, I don't know everything and I find this a bit disturbing in order to get new players into this game. I'm all about deep and complex games but I wish the information was clearer and more accessible. Another thread inspired me to create this one and my goal is to collect all answers from everyone's questions asked in this thread and post it somewhere, either on this website if the mods are willing to upload it to the guides or somewhere else so it's available to everyone.

I invite everyone to ask their questions and also for everyone else to answer them if they think they know the answer.

I also remember on gamereplays.org there was a weekly or so, youtube videos titled "COH Mythbusters" and thought about doing the same thing if the community is divided on an answer.

Here are some of my questions:

1. ZiS-3 76mm: When firing barrage, if a shell hits a tank, is it the same damage has a normal shot ? I don't think it's the same, what's the difference ?

2. Crushing: I know the T-70 has pretty good crushing stat, which other tank can crush and which ones are the best, are pinned units more likely to get crushed?

3. Mortar Barrage: Beside shooting faster, is it more accurate ? I can test this but after using barrage, is there a delay before the mortar starts firing shells again ?

4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but flame was very powerful vs. infantry with armor in vCOH, is this still the case ?

5. I saw different information concerning "Oorah" in one post, I saw that it increase combat effectiveness, is this true or does it only increase the movement speed ?

Useful Information:

Commanders Table by LeiwoUnion:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/6719/coh2-commander-tables

DPS Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=1
VRL
21 Aug 2013, 20:42 PM

1. ZiS-3 76mm: When firing barrage, if a shell hits a tank, is it the same damage has a normal shot ? I don't think it's the same, what's the difference ?

I don't think it is the same, i've seen shells hit tanks and very little damage. Don't have the stats for it though.

2. Crushing: I know the T-70 has pretty good crushing stat, which other tank can crush and which ones are the best, are pinned units more likely to get crushed?

All tanks in the game can crush I believe. Yes - pinned and HTD are particularly vulnerable as they don't move.

3. Mortar Barrage: Beside shooting faster, is it more accurate ? I can test this but after using barrage, is there a delay before the mortar starts firing shells again ?

No idea, it certainly doesn't feel like it. I have always assumed it's a rapid fire in a certain area (kind of like a rapid attack ground order)

EDIT: To support this see: COH2 DPS Spreadsheet Credit to Endeav and wooof.

This shows AOE Distance & Accuracy as the same during regular fire and barrage, but a higher dps to the faster rate of fire.

4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but flame was very powerful vs. infantry with armor in vCOH, is this still the case ?

Flamers ignore Armour, so yes they are effective against PGrens and Shocks. (And there is the 10 - 15% chance of igniting a model instagibbing it)

5. I saw different information concerning "Oorah" in one post, I saw that it increase combat effectiveness, is this true or does it only increase the movement speed ?

It actually decreases combat effectiveness to a degree - when standing still it does nothing, however when moving it ofc increases movement speed, and during this the conscripts do not shoot.

21 Aug 2013, 20:52 PM
Donator 11

thanks for your answers VRL.
27 Aug 2013, 18:51 PM
Donator 11

Can someone explain me how the vehicle detection and radio intercept actually works ?
27 Aug 2013, 20:35 PM

You see the vehicles on the mini map. On the tactical map you can see what vehicles they are and how much health they have.

Radio intercept should give you information whenever the enemy builds a unit.
27 Aug 2013, 20:38 PM

vehicle detection, shows units in the minimap. on a long range based on each infantry unit on the map. i don't know if it shows on the FOW because i mostly use it for the minimap info. just like the tank version of the scoutcar/halftrack vet ability of infantry detection.

radio intercept. 2 things.

1 the enemy notifications appear on your notifications, left side on the bottom.
2 you hear the German build voices. (panzergrenadiers jut hit the field, scout car.... elephant, tiger tank hit the field, etc...) and sometimes or perhaps i don't pay attention you see the blip on the base when they hit the field. i just wish it informed when the unit is building not when it hits the field to have time to counter it.
28 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 20:42 PMVRL

This is actually incorrectly remembering one of the attributes of CoH. All infantry had an armour value and for some reason, those with heroic armour were more susceptible to flame damage than normal infantry but less susceptible to normal damage.
Wehrmacht infantry gained heroic armour at vet 2.

I don't know if that is the same in CoH2, but I wouldn't have thought so.
28 Aug 2013, 18:43 PM

Flame damage ignores armor
28 Aug 2013, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 16:42 PMQuercus

Wehrmacht infantry gained heroic armour at vet 2.

To be precise, they gained 'elite' armour. Heroic armour was in the game yes, but it was used by knight cross holders and officers, for example, but not regular infantry.

The armour was more complicated in CoH1 in general. Armour types like 'infantry', 'soldier' or 'airborne' all had their own attributes and damage tables, for example. Not like the single armour value in CoH2. This can be a good thing, as balancing the infantry survivability is, if not easier, more straightforward and less time consuming.
28 Aug 2013, 23:04 PM

I must be the unluckiest sumbitch around then. I don't recall my tanks ever running over soldiers. The enemy are pigeons and my tanks are buses.
28 Aug 2013, 23:36 PM
Donator 11

I must be the unluckiest sumbitch around then. I don't recall my tanks ever running over soldiers. The enemy are pigeons and my tanks are buses.

trying "ramming" into the models, sometimes it does requiere to micro them into the models, T-70 is best tank to do this with imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★