Login

russian armor

mg supression bulletin

14 Aug 2013, 22:29 PM

almost every ostheer player is using this op bulletin right now.Is it supposed to be so powerful ?It slows down the game because the soviets always have to get a hard counter for mgs.Flanking is often useless because the mgs supress and pin very quick.Why are so many players using it ?For me it destroys the game !In the moment mgs are very powerful that would not be a problem if you could flank them.I play coh2 because you can counter mgs tanks .... with tactics like flanking if i have to get a direct counter .I can play Sc2 and when somebody say "In Dow2 the Chaos havocs also imedeatly supress"F*CK U .Give me Assault space marines in coh2 and I stop bitching.
In the moment it is very hard to play agressive with infantry/tanks in coh2 that makes the game sometimes very boring.Nothing is more fun than to plan and execute an assault.

14 Aug 2013, 22:43 PM

I would love if the bulletin would be eradicated. And instead it the Mg had 10% more surpression as standard :D.

I can't talk about the actual thing because I only had it in the beta. But there it was really usefull. Most of the time you will need 1 burst less.

I really think they should delete the bulletin, and give it to every MG42 for free, AND nerf German and Soviet Mgs durabillity against flanks.
Problem solved.
14 Aug 2013, 22:47 PM

But there it was really usefull. Most of the time you will need 1 burst less.

with bulletin it supresses every where in the are of fire with a half burst and pins with 2 wtf
15 Aug 2013, 00:24 AM

Whilst there's a bulletin that gives +10% Range to SU-85s, this is fair.
15 Aug 2013, 00:32 AM

Both, the Mg 42 suppression bulletin and the SU-85 range bulletin are both completely ridicoulous...

Why give those units a buff in an area where they already excel over all the others? It just makes them absurdly op which in terms of balance makes no sense at all.

I have never been a friend of the whole bulletin system, but those two bulletins along with the Ostwind accuracy one should just be removed...
15 Aug 2013, 05:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Should be changed to a setup time reduction bulletin.

MG42s suppression is excellent as it is. The 10% pushes it over the threshold into a one burst pin.
Only Relic postRelic 15 Aug 2013, 16:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Bulletins are being addressed.
15 Aug 2013, 17:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

IIRC pgrens bulletins icons are reversed if you look at the description and the gren icon for extra damage is currently a plus health icon ;)
15 Aug 2013, 19:05 PM
Donator 11

Just remove it pls. The supression rate of units like a mg42 should be a constant throughout the game.
15 Aug 2013, 19:06 PM

Thanks, and while we are at it, can I bring to your attention this bulletin:

ML-20 152mm Gun Howitzer have 10% increase "sight" range

I think this should be range not sight range
15 Aug 2013, 19:49 PM
Donator 11

imo no bulletins should give over 5% increase

also, I feel units should recover faster from suppression (once source of suppression is gone obviously)
15 Aug 2013, 20:31 PM

The suppression bulletin is actually really, really bad. It's great for a few games, with the whole "oh wow I pin everything", but the math doesn't work.

DPS from MGs is highest against non-pinned guys. Once suppressed, there's a short window when infantry take very, very little damage from the MG. After a while, that damage modifier goes away, and they take "normal" (still reduced) damage.

As a result, suppressing faster lowers DPS, kills less guys, and gives the enemy more time to retreat.

A more effective combo is the +2% damage + 3% accuracy bulletin (or whatever it is), and the +10% armor pen bulletin. Thar armor pen applies to infantry (although very little), and results in a MASSIVE increase when AP is used against vehicles.

Since the MG pins slower, it means that there is more time for the MG to deal this increased damage, which means more kills, more MP drain, and a more "optimal" retreat.

A bulletin that is MUCH more dumb is the +10% SU85 range; like that thing actually needs MORE range.
15 Aug 2013, 21:06 PM

It isn't bad at all, you don't take a MG42 to damage enemy units in the first place. Suppressing in one burst has a lot of advantages.
15 Aug 2013, 21:09 PM

Thank you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment