Login

russian armor

I need help to improve

24 Dec 2017, 05:00 AM

I won this game but it was with luck.
My opponent did way better , in fact i was on the back foot from the start .
Any help is appreciated.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/66724/i-can-t-believe-i-won-this
27 Dec 2017, 01:12 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

27 Dec 2017, 02:03 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Going to do a timeline of things I pickup on that are of significance.

• 3:20 grens charging green cover near garrisoned rifles. May have wanted to get on single window side, but ultimately retreated. Green cover RA modifier is 0.5, while garrisons is 0.55, which means that units in garrisons are at a disadvantage vs green cover. Stay at range with grens and attack from afar. If he leaves the house and starts to jump in and out, either wait for another flanking squad or push some other point like his cutoff.

• 4:45 lucky retreat from LT, he could've easily wiped that.

• 9:00 You're killing him in veterancy at this point. Should take your pak gun and blob up and push 1 side. If you have all your tools you should be able to push him off an entire side.

• 13:00 Keep your squads active. Multiple squads not caping or moving at this point. Mortar inperticular hasn't really gotten much value so far.

• 14:10 lost 222 to suppressed REs with zooks getting all connections. Yes unlucky, but you could've used incin on your MG to force a faster pin and damage and a retreat. Might have saved your 222 if popped early enough.

• 17:04 gren wiped by HE sherman XD "wanted to make shermans more consistant" On another note, another MG wouldn't hurt at all.

• 20:30 floating manpower. Bad. Spend it. New 42, gren, pios, don't care.

• 26:00 still zero mines. Build them.

• 29:30 don't know why you got pgrens on this map. Yes they can win against rifles with vet, but they're so late and need to close in on an open map. Grens or another MG would've been good I think. Or tech for more armor

Ok so you did well, but again things you need to improve on. The primary reason he lost that game was building the jacksons, so don't rely on your opponet making bad decisions to win. Gotta make your game stronger.

Mechainzed is an alright doctrine, would've like to see lightning war since its still more potent, but again fun is fun, so if you enjoy it go ahead. Crossing in the woods is infamous for sniper play since its extremely hard to flank without being seen. Plus USF doesn't have a truely effective way to kill them like counter sniping. I highly recommend snipers if you don't mind being an ass using them since they're still cancerous as all hell. If not, more grens, MGs etc.

Command p4 is an anti infantry tank, although it isn't well known, it will do a lot of damage vs infantry, but minimal vs armor. Nothing OP about it, just gotta counter it correctly.

Last tip. Notice the buildings by the fuel. Right side points towards north spawn with an MG, and vice versa on left. So It's pretty simple to hold right fuel from the south if you can get your MG in that building.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns do not hesitate to ask.

-ShadowLinkX37
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS