Login

russian armor

how we exactly counter sniper and guard spam combo

6 Aug 2013, 14:35 PM

its seems very annoying to counter this the only good counter we have against Russian 2 man sniper is scout car which can be killed in 2 shoot by guards ?
6 Aug 2013, 14:40 PM

I would also like to know the answer! lately many soviets (90% in 1v1) make 2-3 scout cars and 222 isnt helpful that much if u cant catch him of guard, and sniper+m3 is deadly for pak (which misses like crazy)
You cant expect enemy m3 just to stand in place and wait for you to come and counter him, so ppl pls take this in count and answer the question pls
6 Aug 2013, 14:57 PM

You have to build a halftrack and just reinforce on the field and keep men inside it(No flammenwerfer). Rushing StuG is also possible.

You can't counter something like this in the early game, which is why it's such a colossal piece of bullshit, but the only way I've found myself getting through it is to play defensively and force him to come to me, and not let myself get pushed off the field. If you rush T2, get out a Halftrack and a Pak, and sit back on your fuel, a VP, and a few other points, you should be able to either force him to try and push you to stop you getting the fuel for tanks, or you'll get the fuel and pushing him out.

If you can survive without any losses, heavy tier 1 strategies never work.

To counter the Guards, you just need to focus them off ASAP, and if possible get an MG42 and keep it somewhere it'll survive for a few seconds - out of range of snipers etc.
6 Aug 2013, 15:09 PM

I tell you this Russian 2 man sniper squad is far far from being balance , it's low/medium risk very high reward due to germans being 4 man squad only , I would rather see the sniper being 1 man to kinda balance this , any comment from relic is appreciate about this issue

thanks
6 Aug 2013, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

if its 2 man it should be 1 man with sniper the other man with a pair of binoculars. kill the guy with binoculars sniper can't see worth shit or something.
6 Aug 2013, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 15:17 PMWiFiDi
if its 2 man it should be 1 man with sniper the other man with a pair of binoculars. kill the guy with binoculars sniper can't see worth shit or something.

I like the idea , it will allow german sniper to be useful
this actually might work
6 Aug 2013, 15:42 PM

RELIC wont answer this because they are too busy nerfing Germans and sucking up to russian whines ....

After russians moaned and whined, you will see lots of german nerfs and russian buffs to please the whiny russians.

For example since the closed BETA:
Panzergren shrek range NERFED
Panther NERFED
Flame HT NERFED
Strafe NERFED (yes this was needed but not to the extent its now where its useless)
OPEL NERFED big time (why would anyone spend 300mp when you can get a fuel cache for cheaper)
Panzer 4 NERFED (now it can hardly kill a conscript squad despite shooting at one for 2 minutes)
Tiger NERFED (su85 will win 1 v 1)
StuG NERFED
Ostwind NERFED

In the meantime they :

T70 buff (LOL Wut)
SU85 MEGA buff (should be renamed SU100 imho)
6 Aug 2013, 15:51 PM

Permanently Banned
2 gren 1 hmg 1 sniper 1 halftrack 1 mortal halftrack 1 recon plane combo :)
6 Aug 2013, 15:58 PM

It depends on your skill level and micro.

I deal with the SC spam in a few ways.

1st - type in chat "EVERY. GAME. IT'S EVERY GAME"

2nd - every early game build for me incorporates 2 grenadiers and an mg. 4th unit may be a mortar, mg, or sniper depending on the map and what I've seen/done so far. Learn the "F" key and use it accordingly. Once engaged it "hits" (I use that term because the faust bugs out and can lose the game for you by not doing any dmg sometimes) regardless of where the SC moves. Also, consider getting an lmg upgrade at 85 munitions (save 25 for a faust). This will help do more damage to a fausted SC, and take down foot-walking guards.

3rd - quickly tech to t2 and get 2 scout cars out. If guards in scout cars have arrived, upgrade one. Don't just charge these in and rather use them to support your mg placement. Make sure to target the SC's with guards in them immediately with the upgunned and keep pios nearby to repair on the fly. Use the vanilla scout car to do dmg to nearby units or hunt for the sniper car. This can also be upgraded if you suspect a quick T70 as two upgraded SC's kill a T70.

4th - Panzergrenadiers (no shreks) but try to keep them from going in alone. Have them join the two grens for a super squad.

5th - Pak/another PG squad THEN a pak

***you can get a halftrack but I feel that it just allows you to keep giving him something to shoot at. This build with the 2 scout cars alleviates the constant manpower drain. Of course it also depends on your ability to keep them alive.

6 Aug 2013, 16:03 PM

...and then the patch after that they will make up with you whiny Germans.

on a more serious note you need to use combined arms to combat Russian sniper, mortars, sc, your own snipers possibly depending on your build, ht to reinforce units in field. Don't build p-grens and when you get armor you should get an ostwind assuming your opponent doesn't already have an su-85(at which point you need some form of dedicated at to prevent su-85 from just killing your base) and even then an ostwind is still fine if you use it like you would a t-70 vs. a p4 just play keep away.

Ostwinds are great vs. heavy guards play, p4's are crap vs. it

or simply play with a heavy gren build skip tier 2 and rush ostwind, all depends on what variation of build your opponent uses. Realize that if they go with a lot of snipers and gaurds they aren't going to have a lot of units, just a few power units your going to need to play carefully with yours because theirs are stronger

not saying it isn't hard to deal with in the hands of a good player but it is counterable
6 Aug 2013, 16:29 PM

You guys keep talking about sniper, mortars and paks while enemy has got sniper in m3 which is quite efficent and is aggresive with m3+flamer ... also by the time my halftrack arrives (to even begin trying the proposed strategy) enemy has 2 m3s and 1 guard squad probably or AT nades ( 1 at nade at 221/2 takes 80% of hp + engine dmg) ... and m3 has such imba dmg that 1v1 vs 221 scout car it can easly kill him,same thing when u compare dmg from 251 hf and m3 sc , 251 is utterly useless from that point of view
6 Aug 2013, 16:32 PM

Guard Spam? I don't think it's huge problem.

Russian Snipers? Yes.
6 Aug 2013, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 16:32 PMUGBEAR
Guard Spam? I don't think it's huge problem.

Russian Snipers? Yes.

Not a guard spam but couple of guards+couple of snipers in m3s and then rush SU-85
6 Aug 2013, 16:40 PM

guards combined with the sniper is what makes them so cost effective snipers alone can't do much scout car will counter but once guard on the field sniper becomes immune to anything that effectevily kill it
6 Aug 2013, 16:43 PM

RELIC wont answer this because they are too busy nerfing Germans and sucking up to russian whines ....

After russians moaned and whined, you will see lots of german nerfs and russian buffs to please the whiny russians.

For example since the closed BETA:
Panzergren shrek range NERFED
Panther NERFED
Flame HT NERFED
Strafe NERFED (yes this was needed but not to the extent its now where its useless)
OPEL NERFED big time (why would anyone spend 300mp when you can get a fuel cache for cheaper)
Panzer 4 NERFED (now it can hardly kill a conscript squad despite shooting at one for 2 minutes)
Tiger NERFED (su85 will win 1 v 1)
StuG NERFED
Ostwind NERFED

In the meantime they :

T70 buff (LOL Wut)
SU85 MEGA buff (should be renamed SU100 imho)

u forgot Panzerfaust Range Nerfed as well , that was a good counter to m3 but now the range is 2 short =))
6 Aug 2013, 16:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 16:03 PMCon!

... Ostwinds are great vs. heavy guards play, p4's are crap vs. it

Not discounting this statement, but in a game a few days ago I did manage to damage the engine of an Ostwind with an AT Nade and then destroy it with a Guards squad. The Guards Rifles were in green cover for half the fight and then had to exit cover to chase down the Ostwind to finish it off. I normally would have never considered sticking around for that fight, but the game was pretty much over at the time.
6 Aug 2013, 17:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 15:17 PMWiFiDi

cool idea
8 Aug 2013, 16:08 PM

Guards and M3 Sniper is a very hard situation for WM players. I think the best option a good placed teller, and some pray...
9 Aug 2013, 12:01 PM

During the time he can send M3+sniper at you, you dont have 60 muni for teller and even if you do, placing a teller and then hoping he will run over it, is completely random and therefore have no place at any decent game.
9 Aug 2013, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 17:01 PMZ3r07

cool idea

This is one of the better suggestions I've heard that didn't involve moving a man out of the 2 man squad. Nice thinking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 28
unknown 17
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak