Login

russian armor

RELIC; Can we get an ETA on Leaderboards? Please?

7 Aug 2013, 12:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I liken the Leader board situation to this scenario:

I went down to the local store and ordered and paid for a Supreme Pizza. When I got it home and opened the box, it nothing on it except for Ham and Cheese.

So I ask the Pizza store Manager, what happened to the rest of my Pizza that I paid the full amount for and it was advertised to have the lot?

The Manager turns around and says, sorry pal, I pay the kid out the back to put all the toppings on but he just didn't do it, or forgot or didn't know how. The Manager further says, I can't tell you when I will put the extra advertised toppings on your Pizza, but I am working on it, just take a seat and wait for 6 hours whilst I try and get the toppings put on for you, but you are welcome to eat the pizza I already made for you.

Who would put up with that? Who would want some sort of rock solid concrete answer on what the fuck is going on or you would demand your money back or some sort of discount?
Who would ever shop at that Pizza shop again?

After I read this piece

Quite suddenly

and

most

unexpectedly

I vomited
7 Aug 2013, 13:19 PM

@GreenDevil you dont like the game? dont play it
Leaderboard is very small fraction of the game, and very small part of community play multiplayer in CoH
7 Aug 2013, 14:01 PM

I went down to the local store and ordered and paid for a Supreme Pizza. When I got it home and opened the box, it nothing on it except for Ham and Cheese.

So I ask the Pizza store Manager, what happened to the rest of my Pizza that I paid the full amount for and it was advertised to have the lot?

The Manager turns around and says, sorry pal, I pay the kid out the back to put all the toppings on but he just didn't do it, or forgot or didn't know how. The Manager further says, I can't tell you when I will put the extra advertised toppings on your Pizza, but I am working on it, just take a seat and wait for 6 hours whilst I try and get the toppings put on for you, but you are welcome to eat the pizza I already made for you.

Who would put up with that? Who would want some sort of rock solid concrete answer on what the fuck is going on or you would demand your money back or some sort of discount?

Not really... It's more like the delivery truck with the cheese never showed up. And the manager saying he's not happy with that delivery truck, so he's looking to maybe get a different one. Relic has very little control over Steam.
7 Aug 2013, 15:56 PM

Not got much experience with contracts between companies, eh?
7 Aug 2013, 16:13 PM

Permanently Banned
That's a pretty accurate representation.

Don't hype/advertise/promise what you can't deliver.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 7 Aug 2013, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2013, 23:18 PMZ3r07

So was the original plan to get Steam leaderboards and Steam didn't deliver ?

That remains the plan. We're however working on an alternate plan with someone who I think will deliver something even better, and hopefully quicker. However even once that's up we'll still have the Steam Leaderboards planned as well.
7 Aug 2013, 18:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2013, 16:14 PMNoun

That remains the plan. We're however working on an alternate plan with someone who I think will deliver something even better, and hopefully quicker. However even once that's up we'll still have the Steam Leaderboards planned as well.

Thank you for your answers, very appreciated.
7 Aug 2013, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2013, 16:14 PMNoun

That's good to know. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

I think it's pretty well known that Steam's slow to act when the product they're working on isn't a Valve game.
VRL
7 Aug 2013, 19:30 PM

I think it's pretty well known that Steam's slow to act when the product they're working on isn't a Valve game.

They are too busy working on Half Life 3
7 Aug 2013, 20:09 PM

Haha! Yeh, they're well known for their lightning development speed! :)
7 Aug 2013, 20:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge

hl3 anyone need any more evidence. they are slow to make there own games let alone someone elses.
8 Aug 2013, 06:14 AM
Patrion 26

Dota 2 was in Beta for so many years =) I think Steam always acts slow no matter whose game it is
8 Aug 2013, 07:16 AM

Not got much experience with contracts between companies, eh?

I suspect either do you. However, as the customer I don't give a flying fuck about what contracts the company has in place between other companies, I just want what I paid for and what the product I paid for was advertised to come with.

By buying a copy of CoH2, I did not buy shares in Relic or SEGA, so why should I care about what's going with them and other companies. We are just the customer, that's entitled to what we have paid for.

Then again as long as we "eventually" get what we paid for, that's ok, but I would expect some sort of compensation, like a free skin, free commander or at least something to show the customer that we are important, because without customers Relic and SEGA would have sweet fuck all.
8 Aug 2013, 07:41 AM

L4D3 has been confirmed to be in production.

Thanks for the updates Noun.
8 Aug 2013, 09:05 AM

Welcome to the real world GreenDevil, where not everything always goes your way.
8 Aug 2013, 09:09 AM

Permanently Banned
Pragmatically, its our own fault for pre-ordering/purchasing before the product actually delivers its advertised description.

Legally, however, its false advertising and not delivering the promised product.
8 Aug 2013, 09:43 AM

Welcome to the real world GreenDevil, where not everything always goes your way.

The internet and video games is the real world? Dude, you have problems.
8 Aug 2013, 09:55 AM

I'm not the one having a big cry because the big bad game developer didn't give me everything I wanted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★