2 Aug 2013, 05:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 00:08 AMĀtman

After all it's just a video game.

Yeah?How about this "just a game"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ci6rYOleM
2 Aug 2013, 05:28 AM

NOW THE MESSAGE FOR RUSSIAN COMRADES!

Dear Russian friends,

I feel sorry for that respectful...but unfortunately naive person.
He really wanted to say something to you in your own Russian language but he wasn't
able to do that properly. And his message is only clear to himself. Maybe he will
learn Russian after 5-6 years and at last will say what he wanted to say.
Let's wish him a luck!
And I feel very sorry for the fact that the storyline of that game lied
about the very tragic event in the Russian history and it's painful to realize that it was made here in Canada. Good luck!

Cheers

Is a popular stereotype what canadian are pecaful and calm.Well,only among of canadians I saw people who dont screamed about "blood gbnya".Thank you very much.
2 Aug 2013, 06:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2013, 05:04 AMDolbik

Yeah?How about this "just a game"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ci6rYOleM

It's still just a game, based on real events. It may be completely flawed in how it represents that and racist, but that doesn't change the fact that it is just a game.

Would you be happier if the Russians were shown as heroes and the Germans as evil Nazis who want to kill everyone? Why do you find the need to get so riled up? Almost every WW2 game portrays Nazis/Germans as evil people, yet I don't go around bitching about those. Why? Because these are video games and if you take them this seriously you are just looking for attention.
2 Aug 2013, 06:46 AM

Who gives a fuck what the Russians think? Most of them pirate games and they're generally worthless to humanity as a whole.
2 Aug 2013, 07:01 AM

And we wonder why aliens wont visit us, im pretty sure its because humans want to destroy each other with such a passion the alien too busy face palming to have time to make first contact.
2 Aug 2013, 07:24 AM

Who gives a fuck what the Russians think? Most of them pirate games and they're generally worthless to humanity as a whole.

Worthless to humanity?
Wow wow wow, stop dude. Go take your pills, dude!
Just give you a few examples:

The first man in the space?
The first women in the space?
First automatic rover on the Moon.
The first Space Station in the world.
Periodic Table of Chemical Elements?
Radio
Hydrogen Bomb
General Anestesia
Сollective and cyclic pitch control mechanism for helicopters
Still the best and only (!) bathyscaphes which can dive to the bottom of the dippiest place in the Ocean (Titanic dive, Mariana Trench dive)
Sikorsky helicopters, right now, right above your head in the whole world (police paramedics use them)!
The unique helicopter Olga which US, Canada, Japan, Russia use for building skyscrapers.

and etc, and etc.

So shut the fuck up! You are useless for the humanity if you don't see the rest of the world except your own home.
2 Aug 2013, 07:28 AM

Also, Bad Comedian is completely biased too in picking some parts of the campaign. He completely ignores the parts where the Russian soldiers actually act like a company of heroes; saving the civilians in M01, saving their commander in a heroic counter attack in another mission etc.

Er. As far as I can say that M01 'saving civilian' task is optional, right? I've had no time to go after those poor dudes, they've been killed and, well, I was still able to play further.

Relics put the accents wrong if you ask me.
By that I mean:
1. One side of a conflict is pictured neutral to pitiful. Yeah, I'm speaking of Germans.
Player can't see their war crimes, but is somehow able to watch Russian soldiers executing German POVs.
2. The other side of the conflict is pictured evil to demonized with light sparks of neutral (USSR). It uses the dirtiest of the cliches to portray how bad those guys are, that can't be denied.
All the little 'heroic' parts are either OPTIONAL (not necessary to play furthermore) or blackened with 'cold unreasonable killer motivation' thing. Demonizing parts are UNAVOIDABLE.

A bit unfair, isn't it?

And then Relic adds insult to injury, telling that their product is 'historically accurate' and 'historically balanced'. Where is that balance? In picturing everyone but nazis evil?

Please find a point in such a behavior of the Relics (spec. Noun). I just can't get it.
2 Aug 2013, 08:37 AM

Cyridius you arent smart. You dont need to insult A Nation And whats with the hate for Russians? And you history knowledge is false.
2 Aug 2013, 08:39 AM

I've studied World War II's war crimes for years. I've read source materials, history books, primary source reports, I've seen the pictures, watched the documentaries, I've put a shit tonne of my time into learning about the atrocities of World War II and the years surrounding it.

And the Soviets were second only to the Japanese.

Numbers, proofs or you just overeacting and telling lies.

Through the firebombings, the wanton destruction by US forces, the Holocaust and France's all too willing participation, the atomic bombs, the German post war mass murder at the hands of Eisenhower - I've put lots, and lots, and LOTS of time into this.

More time than that dumb piece of shit "BadComedian", more time than you, and more than likely more time than everybody in this fucking thread put together.

If you wanna sit there and tell me that I'm wrong, or stupid, then you better be able to back up your fucking statements. Under Stalin's reign, 60 million Soviets died. That is more than one and a half times the number who died during World War II alone with all the countries combined - excluding those in the Soviet Union.

25 millions killed by Germans you still count to pseudo 60 millions? Top that, I make too many fun for me.

You wanna sit here and tell me he's the good guy? You want to tell me that an invasion force of 4 million troops managed to kill 23 million people by themselves while fighting pitched battles with an army of 25 million? Yeah, OK, and I shit gold, too.

What are you talking about? Another version of Goebbels TRUTH?

I bet those 5 million Ukrainian peasants thought Stalin was fucking awesome too, huh?

Lol, what?

See, the thing is, I don't hate World War 2 era Russians. They were mostly Conscripts and slaves to the Revolution. Ever hear of the Red Terror? I wouldn't think you have, given the performance of this thread. Turns out our good friend Lenin wasn't exactly the good guy when his first action in power was to silence the media and kill everybody who disagreed with him.

Ever heard about White Terror? Or ever heard about CIA and M5? Yep Lenin =) Why not Trotckiy?

The NKVD was worse than the Gestapo in every conceivable manner. You know Stalin set quotas of how many Russians how to be detained and executed? That he laid out percentage of the population to be culled? That's what the fucking purges were.

What was wrong in NKVD methods so you disgrace them like that? Oh, I get it NKVD fights Nazis and then NKVD wins you should think what NKVD is worst.

I doubt you've heard of the Moscow Show Trials either. Or maybe you did. I bet you think Bucharin's a filthy traitor, too. Yeah, the guy who wrote up the Soviet constitution granting everybody equal rights and freedom was tried and executed of being part of a "Trotskyite Nazi Bloc", nevermind that Leon Trotsky was the original revolutionary who lead the Revolutionary Guard and formed the Red Army to fight the Whites. Soon to end up with an ice pick in the back of his head. I'm sure it was suicide, though.

I doubt you don't read full case of Trockist trials? You should read it, and then you just want to return here and edit your post.

But let's get back to World War II. Shall we all recount how the Soviets used the German POWs as slave labor in concentration camps, and used them for testing? Such brave men, these Soviets are. Over 50% of the POWs were killed in Soviet camps during the 3 years after the war 1945-1948. That's nearly 2 million people. I bet they were all Nazis though, so who gives a fuck?

Okey :) Testing? Are you serious? Any documents about it? Or just "one guy say" argument? 50% of POWs are killed? Documents of execution should exist, right? But nope, they don't exist. Why, couse no execution was made. Surpise? Slave labor? If you are POW and in a camp you should work to help rebuilt ruined country. Do you have some proofs about SLAVE LABOR or it's just another "one guy say" argument?

Any feeble excuse you can give me is wasted. Any comment you can give me is lies and propaganda. I have the facts. And the facts state the Soviet Union was a larger monster than Nazi Germany ever was.

What facts do you have? :) Give them to us.

The Germans didn't fight for victory when they started to lose the war, they fought so they could surrender to the Americans, or preferably the Brits. That 50% figure is from people who made it to the camps in the first place. Most of those who surrendered were killed on sight.

Yep, what did nazis expect then they killed all genders and ages of soviets and ruined cities and countries? Did't you know what it was war for extermination or did't you know about Generalplan Ost? Nazis and their europe allies came to destroy 60% of soviet people and then soviets start to make a revenge Nazis run and cry like a whores.

The fact that anybody would deny how disgustingly monstrous the crimes of the Soviet Union are puts them in an identical league to a Holocaust denier or a Japanese man who praises the Rape of Nanjing. That means you. That means that piece of shit BadComedian. That means any of the hundreds of thousands of disgusting people that agree with him.

In fact you are trying to take soviets victory then making such words. The trouble is you knowing just one side of a TRUTH. Or you just a German. Thats explain everything to me.
2 Aug 2013, 08:47 AM

Worthless to humanity?
Wow wow wow, stop dude. Go take your pills, dude!
Just give you a few examples:

The first man in the space?
The first women in the space?
First automatic rover on the Moon.
The first Space Station in the world.
Periodic Table of Chemical Elements?
Radio
Hydrogen Bomb
General Anestesia
Сollective and cyclic pitch control mechanism for helicopters
Still the best and only (!) bathyscaphes which can dive to the bottom of the dippiest place in the Ocean (Titanic dive, Mariana Trench dive)
Sikorsky helicopters, right now, right above your head in the whole world (police paramedics use them)!
The unique helicopter Olga which US, Canada, Japan, Russia use for building skyscrapers.

and etc, and etc.

So shut the fuck up! You are useless for the humanity if you don't see the rest of the world except your own home.

Could you point to the Soviet Union on the map for me? I can't find it.

Hah! What a pathetic country. All the Russians ever did was give the West a reason to be better than them in every single possible way and served as an example of what not to be. Now all they're good for is providing us Westerners with videos on YouTube to watch and laugh at.

(PS: Most of the technology Russians take credit for came from the Germans. Soviet peasants were too stupid to invent anything)
2 Aug 2013, 09:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

...All the Russians ever did was give the West a reason to be better than them in every single possible way ...

;) You have no clue dude. Some of the best physicists come from russia (Cherenkov, Landau, Prokhorov), pioneering fields like quantum electronics, consensed matter physics, etc. Saying their contribution is negligible is stupid.
I am a scientist, working in international colaborations including russian groups. They provide a lot of expertise, input, samples, etc. In general, working with them is a pleasure. You would be surprised how many russians work as experts in their fields at western universities.

Your stereotype view on a whole nation is sick and has nothing to do with reality.
2 Aug 2013, 09:16 AM

First people ask for a simple yet constructive opinion.
Then people ignore constructive posts because they're not so 'hot' or may be a cause for some thinking. Sure battling over politics on 'whos better whos worse' is more comforting, aye.
2 Aug 2013, 09:36 AM

I am kind of tired of all this argues about how Soviets have been portrayed by Relic entertainment. It's really up to them, their game, their target audiences to decide.
As a Russian I did feel offended by the one-sideness of the campaign from day 1 I tried the game. Hence I only have 3 hours played, quit the game after finishing mission 2 with a bitter cranberry taste in my mouth and no motivation to even try a multiplayer...
I also participated in forums and in most civilised manner took part in political discussions with Western "enlighted" people. Never ever allowed myself to get down to level of humiliating or insulting the whole nation (like most of Polish did), but still got banned for spamming. Whereas people who showed hatred towards the whole Russian nation, are still free to post.
And yes, there's the first answer of the Relic Game Director, don't remember his name, who stated CoH2 is their personal view on the WW2 from the Soviet perspective and they made it as "historically accurate and balanced as possible".
All of these together makes me feel like Relic is run by Russofobic people. And yes, it's a pro-Nazi propoganda. You see, propoganda is not about talking, it's also about not talking, hiding something. When you displayed USSR as a vile, hostile, barbaric empire, with cowardly conscripts charging the attack only out of fear of being shot in the back, but in the same time you do not show what Nazis did to the population on the conquered territories, all those burned villages, towns, enslaved population, people, starved to death in German concentration camps - it is the propoganda of the Nazi.
Well, if they REALLY feel that the atrocities by USSR are far worse than those by Nazi Germany, they should NEVER release this game in CIS countries.
I do not even know what else to say. I want to believe that Relic really wanted this type of reaction from Russian players. Maybe they believe it will seriously increase and boost the sales of the game? Or perhaps the whole game was sponsored by some government organization, hence they do not care about losses from Russian market in the long term, on their future products? I do not know, and franly so - do not want to know. There's plenty of RTS coming out in the nearest future, which at less would not insult us and treat us like 3rd world Untermenschen, like Relic already did.
2 Aug 2013, 09:47 AM

Oh, and one more thing - if Relic is banning people because they take part in political discussion, they also should ask themselves - why is this happening? Maybe, if they developed a campaign which is strictly focused on combat, but not politics and atrocities of the whole Soviet army, they could have avoided it?
2 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM

Where are the moderators?
2 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM

Permanently Banned
ITT: Russian ultra-nationalists avoiding and denying war guilt.

It would be just as despicable if neo-nazis did the same for German war guilt, and is no different here now.
2 Aug 2013, 10:03 AM
Donator 11

My respect for Russians dwindles by the second. They're literally shitting all over themselves saying the actions of their troops in the campaign were not heroic. Fuck me, if defying orders, knowing that you would face severe consequences in order to save your friend isn't heroic, I don't know what is. If trying to fight the system in order to spread the truth of the war and - THESE ARE THE WORDS - the HEROISM OF HIS COMRADES, if that isn't heroic, I don't know what is. If realizing what you did was wrong all along, and then making amends for it where it really mattered isn't heroic, I don't know what is.

You people disgust me. And you should disgust yourselves. You blame Relic for dragging the name of the Russian people through the mud, the only people doing that are YOU. YOU are dismissing the heroism displayed. YOU are ignoring the storyline because you're too stupid to think for yourself. YOU are making it look like the sacrifice of the Russians means nothing.

And by you, I mean Russians. The uneducated beasts that they are. I can't believe there are people out there so mentally deficient that they're devaluing themselves and then blame everybody else. I really can't believe it.

The Firebombing of Dresden and the Dachau Massacre say hi.

Dresden was a british warcrime, not american!
well dachau was american, but it wasnt planned, these were actions by small groups of soldiers without permission.

Other than that, very good post!
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight