Login

russian armor

So I tried the Soviet non-meta heavies(KV1/ISU/KV2)

• This thread is locked
28 Apr 2017, 22:44 PM

And my verdict is that they are absolutely trash, just so trash its not even funny. KV1 is absolutely useless, its just a slower T34/76 with pathetic damage output, KV2 is just a shittier Brummbar with a gimmicky, moderately useful siege ability, ISU-152 is now utterly hopeless pen and I don't need infantry murder machine when it literally can be done by even T34s.

Now I know why no one absolutely uses them.
28 Apr 2017, 23:30 PM

Pretty sure that's everyone's verdict on them lol.
29 Apr 2017, 00:02 AM

KV1 is absolutely useless, its just a slower T34/76

This is actually the reason the Soviets quit producing them. The 100mm flat armor didn't perform any better than the T-34's thinner sloped armor. It just made the tank slower and more expensive with no real gain. They almost cancelled the Heavy Tank program over this, to focus on Medium Tanks.
29 Apr 2017, 00:37 AM

KV1 commander is actually good against OKW on some occasions.

and KV2 is not that bad either, just too much expensive and late IMO, so you end up having no support if you want to get one straight away. On team games and even 1v1 on some maps he is pretty good since you can turn it into a moving artillery piece.
Now the ISU is really trash lol
29 Apr 2017, 01:01 AM

isu is semi decent... need more pen and its front turret needs more angle of attack. Kv2 sucks....should have more range or AOE... kv1 terrible. not even gna talk about kv1
29 Apr 2017, 02:01 AM

The KV-1 is a classic example of how nerfing things makes the game change completely over time.

I remember it used to be the best answer to OKW Volks blobs, then it got nerfed. Then Shrek Volks blobs became a huge problem, then OKW changed and Volks got StG.

It's still ok against Volks blobs, but not really much else.
29 Apr 2017, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2017, 02:01 AMNano
The KV-1 is a classic example of how nerfing things makes the game change completely over time.

I remember it used to be the best answer to OKW Volks blobs, then it got nerfed. Then Shrek Volks blobs became a huge problem, then OKW changed and Volks got StG.

It's still ok against Volks blobs, but not really much else.

This is why balance must always take into account overall design of the faction and how they matchup and mix with the other factions. It's got to be holistic.
29 Apr 2017, 19:51 PM
Donator 11

ISU needs moar Pen on main gun, wider gun fire arc, also the round collides with ground in front of it quite often. Round time takes forever, long range of Jagtiger makes the unit worthless. Low AP means Ele hard counter isu as well. Price is also puts it as a luxury unit as its not cost effective vs the other units you could simply buy instead. In all seriousness you would be more effective with 3 t34.

KV2 - CP needs to be reduced by 1, slight adjustment to setup and teardown of its arty ability is already good and its range is good. Just rly hard use its real ability b/c of the tear down time. The damage on the gun is good, and its reload rate feels fair. I think its auto attack scatter is rly lame and is better if you micro attack ground but really my only gripes are its pricing (MP, CP) and would like to see it more utilized.

KV1- Needs to be standardized with t-34 stats (hull mgs), maybe a MP cost reduction?
It's in a weird spot and I feel like giving it moar health would be silly but giving it moar armor might make it hard to counter if it comes out to early. Adjusting its heavy armor (while historically inaccurate) could be another option and might help the unit fill the role of Soviets lacking heavy armor and would give a good sponge for su-85.
5 Nov 2019, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
I cant beleive this is still not fixed!
5 Nov 2019, 17:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Necro
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 108
unknown 33
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10